Planning for the Meeting.

Twisted Fate!

 

"I asked what you both are doing out here." the principal waited for an answer.

Donghae and Yoona were both startled but that didn't keep them from thinking up a real quick lie.

"Oh, I was about to enter the school building when D.... Mr. Lee called out to me and asked to come over to get my schedule." Yoona lied.

"Yeah." Donghae followed along.

"Where is it? Your schedule, then?" Asked the principal.

"Oh, I put it in my bag." She lied again.

"How did it get in your bag so quickly?" he questioned her again.

Yoona was now stumped.  She didn't know how to answer him. just then Donghae jumped in.

"Because she was about to help me with some papers.  I called out to her because I knew I would've forgotten if I didn't give it to her now.  And now that she's here, I asked her to stay a little bit longer to help me get some of my stuffs in class.  Termites are not going to stop me from teaching my class.  I have tons of stuffs to do for the kids.  And not only that, plus that termite situation is not going to solve itself."

The principal, Mr. Jung, looked to the ground as he heard the word termites.  Yoona looked at Donghae and he winked at her. Goodness was that a mistake because after he winked he felt like some sort of e and Yoona almost felt weak in the knees.  Mr. Jung looked up and Donghae saw that he was taken aback by the mention of termite.

"Don't tell me...you haven't even prepared anything for the meeting today?" Donghae asked.  He was almost angry but then he thought about himself, too.  He had just come up with a few solutions for the problem this morning in Yoona's house.  He quickly cleared his throat and straightened.  "Well, we better think up something fast before they close down this school." With this he closed the trunk, locked his door looked at Yoona and said, "Let's go."

They all walked in together.  Before reaching the school gym, Mr. Jung excused himself and head for his office leaving Yoona and Donghae alone in the hallways.  They walked quietly to the gym and the minute the gym doors opened, Yuri's voice was surrounding the whole gym.

"Hyunnie...have you seen Yoona?  Has anyone sen Yoona?  I miss my Yoongie, where could she have gone to?"

And a few of the kids talking and gossiping about what will happen to the school.  When they both walked in, everyone was silent and turned their heads to see them walk in. 

"Why are they coming in together?"

"See? I told you they were dating" Nana said.

"Wait till Soobin hears about this." Lizzy said.

"Be quiet!" Growled Yuri at them then turned to Seohyun, "You know, they make a good point.  Why are they together? And where is Min Ho.  He's always missing."

Seohyun just shrugged att he first question, "I don't know why they're together, but Min Ho oppa said he was going to the men's room. He left about 5 minutes ago.

"Oh.  I didn't see him leave. He told you he was going to the bathroom?"

"Yeah, he even told me not to move from my seat.  He said he'll ba back real fast and he's not gonna let me go anywhere alone.  What is up with him? Is he sick, uniie?"

"I don't even know anything about Min Ho Oppa anymore.  He's kind of mysterious now a days."

"Sorry for being late." Donghae apologized. "I was stuck in traffic and..."

"Why did you and Yoona come in together?" shouted Lizzy.

"We just happened to come in together,  Is something wrong with it?" Donghae snapped back.  He knew it was wrong to talk to a student like that but he was tired of all the neverending questions. "Now, do wahtever it is you all need to do.  For today, I'm gonna need to sit in my corner and think about the metting this evening.  Gossip all you want, please don't disturb me. And don't make too much noise."

He left to sit in a corner by himself and started brainstorming for half an hour.  He got out the paper he had written ideas on earlier from Yoona's house.  Looking at the paper made him think of her and last night.  He looked up and saw her with her friends and with his cousin.  Min Ho was ruffling her hair and a few quite times he had been stealing gazes upon her, Min Ho would lightly pinch her cheeks.  She looked okay right now, but he can still see that she was not fully recovered fromt he food poisoning.  He dopped his pen and picked up his phone.

Min Ho, Seohyun and Yoona were all laughing at Yuri's joke when Yoona was starting to feel dizzy.She was about lay her head on one of the bleachers when her phone vibrated.  She looked at it and it was a text message from a number she had recognized fron this morning.

'Are you okay?  How are you feeling? Just checking in on you?'

A simle formed on her lips and she replied back.

'Yes, I am fine, thanks. How is it coming along? Any good ideas?'

She looked over at him as he was reading it and he looked back at her.  That one night they spent together had made them closer as if they've known each other for a long time.  Though she barely knew him but she felt like he's a good person.  She knew because he could've taken advantage of her last night, but he didn't.  And she respects him now for that. Her phone vibrated again.  She looked at her friends and they haven't noticed that she had no longer taken any interests in what they were talking about. She opened up the message.

'Still thinking.  I'm trying very hard to come up with a few excuses.  I don't know.  It's driving me nuts. Right now, I'm craving for that coffee you were about to brew last night.  If you're still feeling unwell, get a note from the office and go home.'

Yoona saw the message and lifted her head up to look at him and he gave her a look to listen to him.  She couldn't help but scoff at him then she raised an eyebrow at him and returned to her phone.

'I'm fine.  For real.  I'm sorry but you're not my brother. Gotta return to my conversation with Min Ho Oppa and the girls before they scold me for not listening.'

Donghae recieved the message then looked at her.  She didn't even look back at him.  She was already leaning against Min Ho's shoulder and it hurt him inside.  He knew he wasn't supposed to feel thisway about her, but he couldn't help himself. He could lose his job but he just couldn't stop himself. He only just met her a few days ago and was already having such feelings.  It's been so long since he felt that he liked someone.  Ever since 'her', he never thought of any other girl. But with Yoona, she was really different.  Talk about different.  She's the first girl who got first, second and third base with him upon their first meeting.  She was the first to knee his groin in a public place. 'How humuliating was that' he thought.

He looked back down on his paper and found that when he was thinking of Yoona, he ended up writing her name and had drawn a heart around it. He quickly tore out the page and put it in his bag. He looked back up to see her and she was still leaning on him...his own cousin.  He then returned to his work. 

About 2 hours passed and the bell rang.  Lunchtime, everyone's favorite subject in school.  They get leave class and gossip freely with friends and be with their crushes or boyfriends/girlfriends.  Before Donghae could get another glance of Yoona, she was already gone.  He looked outside and saw her walking off with Yuri and Seohyun with linked arms.  Min Ho was nowhere to be found.

"Hyung!" said someone behind him while shaking him.

"Mwoya" he said said, startled.  Donghae turned to see Min Ho and Jonghyun.  "Yah, you gave me such a fright."

"Sorry hyung.  We were just checking up if you were alright." Jonghyun said. "Besides, I think it's rather quite unfair that you went to have dinner with Min Ho and his family but forgot about us.  What's up with that?"

"Mianhae Jong.  I'll see if I can come tonight.  tell Auntie that I'll come visit very soon.  It'll be a surprise visit.  I don't want her to throw a party.  I know Auntie, if she knows I'm back and am coming over, she's gonna want to throw a big dinner event."

Min Ho was laughing when he spoke, "That is true.  She sure does know how to welcome a person to her house."

"Well, you can tell that to mom today when she comes to the meeting.  She pretty pissed.  You better be ready to calm her down." Jonghyun said.

"Oh, I plan to." replied Donghae. "Along with the rest of the angry mob that will be attending the meeting today.  I'm angry, too, but I don't want to see this school get shut down.  I used to go here, before I..." then he trailed off.

"Before you disappeared...?" continued Jonghyun. "Hyung, I love this school, too.  You need to fight for it.  I hope you'll be able to save the school."

"Oh, which reminds me. I'll send Yoongie over to help you.  She's got a lot of great ideas, hyung." Min Ho said.

"Yoongie?? Who is Yoongie?" Although Donghae knew who he was talking about but he just played dumb. He's heard Yuri call her that the other day.

"Oh, it's that cute new girl from America.  Min Ho sure do know how to make nicknames for her." joked Jonghyun which earned a elbow from Min Ho.

"It's Yoona.  And I call her Yoongie because I knew her since we were kids.  You didn't know, Jonghyun, because you and I weren't close when we were young." He then turned back to his hyung. "Anyway, she's been coming up with loads of ideas when we were talking today."

"That's great.  i could really need some help right now." Donghae was now happy.  One, because Yoona was coming over and two, he really did need more suggestions.  "Thanks.  I'll see you all back afterwards."

His two cousin were gone in an instant, leaving him alone in the gym with his work.  A couple minutes later the door opened and he heard footsteps.  He didn't bother to look up as he was busy writing something down.  Then the person who came in put 2 cups of coffee on his table and he smiled.  He thought that Yoona was really thoughtful for bringing this but as he looked up, it was Soobin.

"Annyeonghasaeyo, Teacher Lee." She said smiling.

"Ah...annyeong.  What did you say your name was again?" He was surprised to see her here.

"Soobin.  Kim Soobin imnida."  She said as she bowed her head in manners.

"Right.  What are you doing here?"

"I heard about the problem with your classroom.  Such bad luck. So, I decided to come cheer you up and help you get prepared for today's meeting.  you know, my parents, both of them, are coming.  And they're not too happy about this situtaion. I'm sure ALL parents are happy about this."

"Look, Soobin-ssi.  I know you want to help but I've got this.  You can go and spend some time with your friends.  Maybe with Min Ho.  I really don't need  distraction right now.  Please, maybe you can help me next time."

"Why were you with Yoona-ssi together this morning?"

"Mwo?" Donghae looked up to her and she had one eyebrow raised. "what are you talking about?" His heartneat started beating rapidly.  He was afraid she'd seen him touch Yoona's forehead when they were standing at the back of his car.

"I saw you both walking together to class in the hallway.  Why did you both come in together?"

"Look, we just happened to meet outside before coming in.  Sobin-ssi, I already told you that I'm in the midldle of a very important work.  if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to it."

"Sure. I'll leave you alone, for now.  I bought you two cups of coffee.  I know you're busy and won;t have time for luch so, I got you two.  Hope you'll enjoy it. And work hard."  She said and had gone out the way she entered.

Donghae sighed when he saw her leave and looked at the two cups on the desk he was using. He took one cup and took a sip the set it back down.

About 5 minutes later he heard a knock.  He looked up and saw a small head squeezing in through a small opening of the door.  He smiled at the sight of Yoona.

"Am I bothering you, Teacher Lee?" she asked politely.

"Oh, Yoona. Come on in."

She walked in with a bag in her hand and placed them on his desk.

"Don't take this the wrong way.  I just bought a few snacks and a lunch for you.  I know you're busy and won't have time to go and have lunch, so I;ve decided...Why not bring lunch over."

Donghae was in surprised that she did this and sat there for a few seconds then began to speak. "Yoona, you didn't have to do this. I've got coffee here to keep me awake.  Plus, you'll be here to keep me company."

"No, it's all right.  Besides, I wanted to thank you for what you did for me last night.  Even though I got food poisoning but you still took care of me and I'm very grateful to you."

"Aniyo..Anyway, thanks." He stood up and got a chair from the opposite side of the gym and gave it to her. "Here, have a seat."

"Thank you" she said as she took the chair from him and sat. "So, what do you plan to say at the meeting?" She asked as she took out the food from the bag and handed them over to him.

He took them and thanked her. As he unwrapped his sandwich, he saw that she wasn't eating. "Here, you can eat this instead." He tried to give her the other half of his sandwich.

"Oh, no thanks.  I've already eaten.  Min Ho oppa made sure I didn't come in here with an empty stomach."  She reached in the bag to pull out her Gatorade drink. "Plus, I have my Gatorade here with me." Then pulled out a different bottle from the bag and gave it to Donghae.

He looked and saw that it was a bottled drink from Starbucks. "What's this?"

She just laughed and said "I remember meeting you for the first time at Starbucks, so I got you a drink from Starbucks.  It's vanilla mocha."

"Thanks." He said and began to dig in to his sandwich.

"Now, while you're eating, I've come up with something that might not be great at all."

"Nah, any idea is welcome right now.  Be it good or bad, we can still work at it." He said with food in his mouth which Yoona found a little bit funny and anooying but just let it pass.

"Ok, so firstly-- How did termites get in the classroom in the first place?  We're going to need to close down the school for a few weeks or months to check the whole school."

"I've thought of that, too.  But then, we're going to need more opinions on where the student will attend.  We'll need the parents and the school board on this."

"If they're thinking of closing down the school for good, then we need to ask the whole school and student body for help on this.  They need to have a voice whether they want to keep attending this school or not."

"You know.  I just might need you at the meeting today, too." he said.  :By my side, that is." he added and it didn't saound very right so he added once again. "To help me out."

"Sure, but I don't think my brother would be too happy about that."

"Right, a lot of parents aren't happy about this.  It's going to be a disaster.  I hope Principal Jung had come up with a solution.  I'm sure parents have already started pulling out their kids from the school."

"Which is why we need to throw and immediate assemble right now.  Ask them whether they want to close down the school  If not, help us out on this.  We can hold the assembly right now and we can all come up with a solution.  If we all come together and put our heads together, we can figure it out."

Donghae who was leaning back against his chair, sat up straight and looked at her. "You really are good at these kinds of stuffs. Let do it." He smiled then added, "But we need plan what we'll say at the assembly. And finish up with these ideas."

"Ok..we all know that termites travel in colonies.  Maybe we can take a 2 week break while they send in exterminators to exhume the whole school."

"I;ve thought of that, too.  But the problem is...I don't know if parents will like it."

"It's the only way to clean the school.  The assembly will determine whether the kids would wnat to help save this school."

"Arasto...then, let's do it." Donghae said as he was about to get up, he added, "You know, your brain really is working very well, despite that hit from last night and this morning..hehehe"

"I think it's the hit that I took on the head that has given me this quick thinkings." Yoona said jokingly.  She got up and followed Donghae to the office.

 

After the assembly, everyone, including the staffs, decided to save the school.  They've decided to stand together as one to do whatever they could to save the school. 

While Yoona was talking with Yuri and Seohyun about their plans for the meeting, Donghae, Min Ho and Jonghyun walked over to them. 

"Yoong, that was actually a great move." Min Ho said to Yoona as they approached the three girls.

"Ani oppa...it was D...Teacher Lee who also helped." Yoona said.

"Well, at least we can do this.  Parents will have no choice but listen to the kids.  They have no where to go to if the school closes down.  Other schools won't accept any late admissions.  Besides, the staffs here will be with no jobs.  And I certainly didn't come here to be jobless.  We did great."  Donghae said to all of them but he was actually talking to Yoona.

Donghae kept looking at her while she was smiling at her peers.  Her phone suddenly rang and she checked the caller id and it was her brother.

"Neh, oppa." she anwered the phone.  She then turned to the people she was talking to and excused herself.

As she left the group, Donghae's eyes followed her to where she was going.  Then he turned his attention back to his students.

 

Meanwhile, Soobin and her clan saw Yoona walk out of the gym and looked over a Donghae.  He was still standing together with his students.

"I thought you said there was something going on with them, Nana?" Soobin harshly said.

"I was so sure, Soobin.  Maybe I was wrong." Nana cowered.

"Maybe it's not Teacher Lee." Dara said.

"What do you mean?" Soobin said while still looking over at Donghae.

"Maybe she's dating Min Ho-ssi." Dara replied.

"WHAT?!" Soobin turned and gave her a death glare. "If you want to die, then repeat what you said just now!!"

"N-n-n-noth...It---wa---wa--w-was nothing.  I was mistaken. Mianhae Soobin." Dara said while trying to hide behind Nana.

"Min Ho won't even think about courting her.  I won't let it happen.  They're mine.  They both are!" And with this, she just left her posse.

"She's going crazy over them, don't you think?" Eunjung said to Dara and Nana.

"You think?" Nana and Dara said in unison.

 

Yoona closed the door to the gym as she said on the phone. "Oppa, I'm here.  Sorry, I had to leave the gym and go outside where it's quieter.  The assembly had just ended and we're getting ready for tonight.  Are you coming?"

"Yoongie, I am truly sorry.  That's why I'm calling.  I just recieved a phone call from the hospital and..."

"...they need you." Yoona finshed his sentence. She sighed then said, "It's fine.  Like I said, your job is important, too.  Go and save plenty of lives then I'll tell you all about it when you come in tomorrow."

"Mianhae Yoona.  But I've already called Yesung to fill in for me.  He should be there in a few."

'Yesung oppa is coming over?" Yoona was surprised by this.

"Why? Whould I call him and tell him not to come?"

"No, don't do that oppa.  It's ok.  I haven't seen him in 2 years.  It'd be nice to spend some time with him.  I'll see you tomorrow.  Be careful, oppa." She hung up after he said his goodbye.  Actually, Yoona was nervous because she used to have a huge crush on Yesung but he was the same as her brother, a player.  Which was why she never believed in love and shy she never went out with anyone else.  She was waiting for Yesung to see her as a woman.  Maybe she won't feel anything.  She likes Donghae now. She used to tell Min Ho how she liked Yesung but he was always ignoring her.  Her brother didn't know because she didn't want her brother's friendship with Yesung to run into the dirt because of her silly feelings.

She turned around to back in the gym when someone called her name.

 

 

I know this was kinda boring....well, actually really boring but because I kept falling asleep on the computer.  Hope y'all understand.  Thank the good Lord, I finally defeated the flu.  I'm also very sorry for the late update.  My grandmother just left for the L.A. and it's kind of lonely here, now.  And I was busy keeping her company during her visit. Please comment to let me know how I did.  Please, I don't like silent readers. Also...congrats to Davichi for winning MCountdown.

And I read that Yesung oppa was enlisting in the military...

I was like this...

 

Then was like...

Please comment.