Min Ho Realizes and chooses between his Feelings and Friendship.

Twisted Fate!

Min Ho suddenly woke up.  He didn't know what woke him up but he just stood up and walked to his window.  It was still dark outside, then why is he up so early.  He thought it was probably just clouds...maybe it was going to rain today, but as he looked at his alarm clock, it was 3:00 AM. Right next to his alarm clock was a framed picture of him and Yoona.  

 

<< FLASHBACK >>

A few years back, during the summer, Yoona's family and Min Ho's decided to go camping.  Now, their families had gotten close because of Yoona and Min Ho's real close friendship.  Minho's parents agreed to go on this camping trip with Yoona's family.  Yoona and Min Ho had asked, nay, begged their parents that this was for stress relief, and it was.  Yoona and Min Ho had prepared for their hiking trips whereas Leeteuk had stayed behind with Seohyun and Yuri, mainly because the three were tired and weren't up for it.  So instead, they had set up their tents and decided to help the elders gather woods for the fire.  

Before they left for their hiking trip, they made a bet with each other.  If one of them gets to the top last, the loser will treat the winner to a good meal.  Of course Yoona won because she cheated.  She had Min Ho carry their backpacks while she walks with just a bottle of water in her hand.

"You know," Min Ho called out to her breathlessly. "I still don't get why we had to bring these bags with us.  All we need is water to keep us hydrated." 

"Hmph" Yoona scoffed with a smile on her face.

"Perhaps, you didn't plan all these..." and he saw her face.."ah, jinja!!  So you tricked me...you know what...You didn't win."

"Oh, No?  I'm sorry, oppa.  But I think me getting up here before you, meant that I did.  So, HA!! You get to treat me to a good meal."

"Arasto!! But I'm only doing this because I don't want to re-do this whole hiking thing.  My legs are already sore, I climb back up here one more time, and I think I might as well just crawl." he scowled at her.

"Oppa, just to be fair then, I'll make you my famous ddukkbokkie."

Hearing ddukkbokkie, Min Ho's face suddenly changed from scowling to smiling.  "You mean, your mom will make it?"

"Yes, and I will help her."

"Jeongmal?"

"Neh...you're really happy to hear that I'll be getting you rice cake?"

"Neh, I like it." he said happily. "Now, let's get back to the campsite.  It's gonna get dark soon."

<< FLASHBACK ENDS >>

 

Min Ho had treated Yoona to a good meal after school one day but she never made him the ddukkbokkie.  While she was eating, a phonecall came from her mom that her father had been hospitalized.  After a few weeks her father passed away and she was never the same.  She stopped being active, went straight home after school, and had stopped talking to her friends regularly. Then her mom moved to the States and met Alex a few months later and fell in love with him.   Yoona had stayed with Leeteuk, but when Leeteuk left for military, she left for the States, too.  

He felt like his world was ending when he heard from Yoona that she was leaving.  It took him a long time to adjust to his new lifestyle without Yoona.  He ended up flirting with girls...though he had no idea how he became like that.  Maybe because he missed having that one girl who would really listen to his problems and help him solve them.  Sure, Yuri and Seohyun were there, but they would never get him.  So, he ended up going from girl to girl...but not sleep with them, he's got way too much self-resect and respect the girls' pride to take advantage of them like that.  Just a player who would talk the girls up and just have some fun.  He had gotten really good at sweet talking any girl and getting them to do anything for him.  Then he met Soobin.  The girl kind of got him and most importantly, she made him forget about Yoona. He still couldn't begin to fathom why he was so broken after Yoona left.  So he went for a quick shower.

A few minutes later, Min Ho walked out with a towel around his waist and stood in front of the mirror.

Now that he was TOTALLY refreshed, his mind was more clear and he was able to think through clearly.  The thought of him being broken and damaged over Yoona's leaving became transparent now.  He was in love with her.  She was his first love.  He didn't know then because he had thought it was because of their friendship.  But now, it was clear...he was in love with her.  And he thought he got over her, but maybe not.  Seeing Yoona again, had triggered something in him.  Made him want to be close to Yoona again.  It was like he was drawn to her.  When she first entered the classroom, his heartbeat started beating rapidly.  He thought it was because he was happy and maybe it was because his cousin was now their new instructor but it wasn't.  Sure, he's happy to see his hyung but not as happy as he was when he saw Yoona.  

Thump thump, thump thump. "Mwoya?  Just thinking about her is making me go crazy. Get yourself together Min Ho.  You cannot be like this to her today." he said running his hand through his hair. There, he thought to try and stay away from her.  He didn't want to be tempted to do something to her.  What if he was to confess to her now? Would she be able to look at him the way she used to?  Will she remain friends with him after he confesses? Moreover, at least he has now accepted the fact that he was in love with her... Wait, no...He was STILL in love with her.  And he couldn't risk doing anything that could ruin their friendship forever. He just couldn't.  So, he's just gonna pretend like he hasn't any feelings for her. Maybe spend more time with Soobin.  That girl had went through a lot just to get his attention, and he knew about it.  Maybe he could ask her out.  Though he doesn't want to use her, but he has no choice.  It was so he could save his friendship with Yoona.

 

 

So, what did you guys think?  I know, I updated real late but we had a funeral and I was busy.  SORRY.  But please let me know if it was boring.  I really don't like silent readers, please.  Let me know in the comment section if you want Yoona and Min Ho to get together.  How about Leeteuk and Yuri..should I just not have Taeteuk in the fanfic or what? I'm not gonna make any SeoKyu or YongSeo couple...I'm thinking of coupling Seohyun up with someone else.  We already ship these couples in real life, so this is just a fanfic I hope y'all don't mind. And please just let me know. Thank you so much for the patience. Have a blessed Day/Night.