Prelogue(In America)

Twisted Fate!

"Saranghae, Im Yoona" he said.

I looked at him and replied, " Na do.  Saranghaeyo, oppa"  He suddenly took my hands in his.  I felt goose bumps surging through every part of my body.  When he touched me, I almost melted.  I felt the hairs behind my neck stand and butterflies in my stomach were flying like crazy.  He took one step towards me, then leaned in for a kiss...

"Yah!! IM YOONA, WAKE UP!"  She awoke and saw a familiar figure standing before her.  He smiled and handed her a cup of Starbucks Caramel Macchiato.  "I leave you for 2 minutes and you fall asleep.  Here, drink this.  It'll help keep you awake." He sat down next to her and took a sip of his coffee.

     "Mianhe oppa.  I was just resting my eyes.  anyway, Gomawo for the coffee"  She said as she looked at him.  She was examining him with a really large grin on her face.  Her brother, Leeteuk, just got back from his military service to his country, South Korea.  Right after he got out, he went straight to get her from America.  She was staying with their parents in South Carolina for 2 years while her brother served in the military.  Her mother was married to an American/Korean.  She moved here after her 1st husband passed away and met Alex Kim.  They own a little restaurant  in Columbia, South Carolina called "OBOK."  It was located on Deckers Boulevard near the US Army Post.  It was a very good restaurant.  Every lunchtime, military people would have lunch here.  Asian, non-Asian, black, white, Polynesians, different races would come to this restaurant and enjoy their food, Koreans who misses their Korean food would come over to this place.  She was very happy she lived here and was able to work for her mom and stepfather. 

FLASHBACK

     She remembered one day when nearing closing time, a man walked the restaurant and sat on one of the table.  She walked over and apologized "Joseonghaeyo, ahjussi.  But we are closed."  The man kept looking at his menu(he got it when he entered the restaurant, which was stacked right next to the cash register counter).  He didn't even look up to her.  She was scared seeing that the man wasn't listening to her.  Plus, he was wearing all black.  Black pants, his shirt was gray, but his jacket was black with a black cap.  She got scared thinking he was gonna do something bad to her.  She had a pen in her pocket from taking people's orders.  Took it out slowly and was ready to use it as a weapon against him if he was ever going to hurt her.

     "I want seafood noodles and some ddukbokkie." he said in a really low and scary voice.  She was about to speak and BAM! He hit the table and yell "PALLI-YO!!!"  She was scared and was about to run to the kitchen to get her stepfather when the man added "And tell Eomma I said 'Hi,' Yoona-ya"  She turned around as he took off his cap.  She was on the verge of crying when the man said "Miss me?" while giving her a mischievous smile. "Because I sure as hell missed you so much.  Pogoshipo, dongsaeng" he added.

     "Oppa!!" She whined as her tears fell to her cheeks. She ran over to him and gave him a big hug.  "Yah, do you have any idea how scared I was? BABO!" she cried as she hugged her brother tightly. 

     "Mianhae.  I didn't think you'd be scared" he replied. "Where's eomma and appa?" he asked looking around.  Yes, they call their stepfather "Appa"

     "Eomma, Appa, come out.  Someone is here to see you" Yoona called out to their parents.  They came out looking so tired but as soon and Yoonhee(Yoona's mom) saw Leeteuk, tears of joy fell to her cheeks. "Teuk-ya.  Eotteokhae?" She ran over and gave him a hug.  The day ended with them going home after Leeteuk helped them close the restaurant.  And they talked about how he wanted to take Yoona back with him to Korea and Yoonhee and Alex finally agreed after Yoona and Teuk's begging.  >>>END OF FLASHBACK<<<\

      Yoona took a last sip of her caramel macchiato and threw the cup in the trash.  She still felt tired and decided to go get another drink.  As she got up from her seat she looked over to her brother "Oppa, do want another one?" He looked up to her then looked at his cup and back at her and nodded as a sign of 'Yes'.  She left him and went to Starbucks.  While waiting for her order she kept thinking about her friends back in S. Korea.  She was so happy and excited that she'll be going back home.  She loved America but there's no place like Home Sweet Home!  When her order was ready, she went over to get them when a guy turned around and bumped into her, spilling his hot coffee on her. "ahhhhh" she shrieked.  "HOT!! Oh My Freaking Gosh!" She screamed

     "I am so sorry, miss. Are you okay? I am so very sorry!" he said and he reached for napkins and gave them to her.  Luckily she was wearing thick sweaters that it helped not burn her.  But Yoona was such a nice girl, she just replied "I'm fine. It's alright.  Good thing I chose to wear thick clothing" and she sighed as she tried to wipe the coffee off her.  I never liked this sweater anyway, she thought to herself.  "I'm really fine," she said as she looked up and saw his face.

     "I am so sorry.  I should've been more careful, miss.  Are you sure you're okay?" he asked worriedly.  As she looked up to him, she literally froze.  The guy was really cute, she couldn't even think of anything to say. "Are you Korean?" he asked and she nodded.  "Annyeonghaseyo, Je iremeun Lee Donghae imnida.(Hello, My name is Lee Donghae).  I am very sorry for spilling my coffee on you."

     "Ah, kwaenchananyo,  Nice to meet you Donghae-ssi. My name is Im Yoona.  And I'm fine, really. It was nice meeting though." Just as she was ablout to leave, a customer bumped in to them knocking her over to him.  He caught her in his arms as they both fell to the floor causing their lips to meet......

 

Author's Note: The restaurant OBOK is an actual restauraunt.  I used to eat there all the time when I was living in South Carolina.  But now that I've moved here to Hawaii, I really miss their foods.  I'm NOT Korean, I'm a Polynesian, but I LOVE Korean food.  And I'm very sorry for the late update.  My sister is pregnant and I've been helping her.  I'll try my very best to update as soon as I can. Sorry if the prelogue is too boring.  But please comment! THANK YOU!