Knockout!- part II

Twisted Fate!

Yoona had just gotten in the house after she went to take out the trash.  Right when she entered the house and closed the door, she heard a banging sound coming from the kitchen. She jumped at the sound of it and quickly grabbed an umbrella by the door.  

She slowly walked to the kitchen and right when she walked in, she saw a figure fall behind the counter.  She walked to the opposite side to surprised the burglar. She got in from the other side of the kitchen just in time to see the dark shadow slowly get up.  The person's back was turned to her which made it lucky for her.  It was so dark and she was so scared that when she hit him in the head, she knew she didn't kill him.  She got him just right.  She hit enough to knock his lights out. Lucky her hand was injured which prevented her from hitting him hard.

When she heard the thudding sound of his body hitting the floor, she ran for the switch and the lights.  She came back to see him face down on the floor.  She grabbed the phone and began to dial 119 but then she saw a bag beside him.  "What the hell?"

She took the bag and opened it to see her uniform in it. "Ugh..such a ert trying to take my school uniform.  What are you? A e?"  She said as she poked the passed of burglar with the end of her umbrella.  Then she saw the back of the person's head and the figure looked really familiar.

She put the phone back on the hook and slowly got on her knees.  She tried to turn him over but with one hand injured, it was hard.  She tried with all her might and when he was finally turned, she gasps with her hands on her face.  

"Donghae-ssi....eotteokhae?" She ran to the living room and the lights and came back.  She dragged him to the couch and had a hard time doing so.

 

Leeteuk and Taeyeon were up on the hospital roof.  There was like a greenhouse on the roof with different flowers, and plants.  It was a really beautiful view, but with no sun and only darkness, it doesn't look as beautiful as it is when the sun shines.  The lighting helps brink put the pretty view.

Leeteuk was standing there like an idiot not knowing what to do or say.  Every time he opened his mouth to say something, he end up holding back.  Taeyeon turned and looked at him.

"Oppa, mianhae.  I didn't think that this would've happened."

"Kwaenchana, Taeyeon-ah.  To be honest, I'm over it already.  But what shocked me the most was your behavior and not contacting your father.  Have you any idea how worried sick he is. The least you could do is give him at least a phone call or send him a letter."

"Oppa, did you know that when Sica called me about the situation concerning Mir oppa, she said the doctor was Park Jung Soo.  I never knew it was you.  I've heard a lot of nurses talk about you whenever they come in my restaurant."

"Mwo? What are you talking about?" 

"They would go on and on about how Dr. Park Jung Soo is such a hottie.  And even though they know he's a player, they can't stop liking him and all.  You're still the same as ever.  Always playing around with different girls."

"Well, you know me.  I can never pass up a pretty girls' offer on a drink or to a free meal.  But. what's this with you and your restaurant?"

Taeyeon let out a small chuckle, "Ani, it's Mir Oppa's family business and they made me manager there.  But, how is Yoona?  Is she still in South Carolina?"

"Ani, I brought her back.  I couldn't spend the day here in South Korea alone with out her. You know that." he smiled as he looked at her.

Taeyeon giggled. "Ah, that is true.  You two were always so inseparable.  Even when she learned you were going to enlist, she called me and told me you were leaving her."

"Psh, yeah right.  Like she would do that."' Leeteuk looked at Taeyeon thinking she was playing around but couldn't get a sigh of her lying. "jinja?  She really did call you and say that?"  When she nodded he continued. "WAH, I never knew she adored me like that. But, to be honest, when I was in the military, the only voice I wanted to hear was hers.  I wanted to see and hear her alligator laugh.  I think my fellow army members were sick of me talking on and on about her.  Yesung told me he's glad he was discharged early because he couldn't help but feel sorry about me and my stories of Yoona."

"How is she?  She's a senior now, right?"

"Yup..her last year in high school.  She's doing great and speaking of Yesung, I sent him to Yoongie's school meeting.  Some problems with the school. She going to Seoul High School."

"Tell her I want to see her and maybe hang out with her.  I hope Yuri, Seohyun and Min Ho are ok, too."  she smiled as she looked at the plants surrounding them.

Then silence fell upon them for a whole great 5 minutes.  Leeteuk's beeper went off breaking the silence.

"Well, gotta go save lives." 

"I'll see you around then.  Oppa, it was really great seeing you again."

"You, too."  He left, but before closing the door, he turned to take one more look at Taeyeon and smiled, then was gone.

 

He opened his eyes as he tried to regain consciousness.  His head was throbbing real bad and he tried to move but stopped when he saw a sleeping beauty next to him.  

Yoona was sitting on the floor.  She was in the position Donghae was when he nursed her through the night the other day,  Her head was resting on her arms as they were resting beside Donghae's.  Her head, turned towards him and her beautiful face, with the light shone from the window, shone like an angel. 

He tried to stand up but his head prevented him and he fell back on the couch, which had awaken Yoona. 

She lift her head and looked at him.  "Oh, you're up?  Let me check your temperature,"  She put her backhand on his forehead and removed it. " It seems the fever went down.  The hit had knocked you out and you ended up having a really high fever."

"Wait, that was YOU?!!" Donghae tried to sit up, but Yoona stopped him and held him on the couch.

Yoona quickly got up and began uttering a lot of words that didn't even make sense.  "well, I-I-I.....you were----I didn't----the umbrella,,,and I was scared.  I didn't realize---you were the one...YOU were the one who broke in to my house!"

This time, Donghae shot up, "Yah...I came and saw the gates open and when I got in, the lights were out and and the door was wide open.  I thought something might've happened to you so I rushed in.  I thought you were hurt so when I heard the door close, I thought it was the person who broke in.  Shouldn't you apologize to me then, for knocking me out?"

"Naega wae?  Why should I?  YOU were the one who entered someone else's house and knocked over the kettle, scaring me to death.  I thought I was going to die from fear.  You were lucky I used the umbrella and not the baseball bat."  she said as she pouted.

"An umbrella?  Are you serious now?  Why not just use a fireplace poker and come at me with it like you did back at my place?  I swear every time, you always end up in a lot of bad situations.  I just wish I wasn't there but too bad I feel like bad luck is now following me because of you."

"ME?! I'M BAD LUCK?  Look here, my life was perfectly fine until I met you at the airport.  Ever since I got in contact with you, bad things had been happening to me."  she said poking his chest when he got up.

"Me? You're like a walking time bomb waiting to go off whenever I'm near you.  It's like it can detect that I'm with you and then go off just like that" he said as he snapped his fingers. 

"Well, I wish it would go off right now! You need to get exploded up right now for accusing me." 

"Oh, I'm sure it's bound to happen.  Who knows, it'll probably happen a few seconds from now." Donghae said as started poking her.

"Yah..." she slapped off his hand. "What are you doing...geumanae!!"

"I'm looking for the off button before you end up hurting me.  I'm not well yet.  You need to be shut off." He kept poking her on the head, the arms, shoulders and her face.

Yoona's hands started flying around like a ninja trying to stop him. "Geumanae-yo....aaahhh" They were both laughing and playing when Yoona's ninja skills sent Donghae back and onto the couch.

"OW...aah" he said in agony. "Ah, jinja....you seriously..." Donghae was holding his nose.

"What's wrong?" she said as she sat down next to him. "Are you alright?  Did I hurt you?"

"No.." Donghae looked at her and faked a smile.  "I'm fine." he chuckled.

"Yah..what do you mean 'fine.'? You're bleeding!!" she jumped and ran to get a box of Kleenex.  "Here you go."

Donghae took a few Kleenex and wiped his nose. "Oh God...you always end up beating me up."

"ah, I'm really sorry.  It's all your fault.  I told you to stop but you kept poking me."

"Yah, are you speaking to me informally.  You've been speaking informally to me for quite a while now."

Yoona smiled slyly and stood up. "Follow me.  I'll show you the bathroom so you can wash up."

He stood up and followed her upstairs.  It was strange.  He felt strange.  As if they knew each other for a long time.  They was they talk and play with each other. This was new. Though it was wrong but he liked it.  They were friends, they made it clear that that they were friends last night at his place.  But still, he's slept over, twice, and he felt comfortable.  Though she was dangerous but he felt he could take it.  He didn't care whether he could get hurt, but as long as he was happy.  He hasn't felt that for a long time but now, this girl, whose supposed to be his student....he was having these feelings for her and she doesn't even know.

"Here you go. You can use this room.  Wash up then come downstairs.  I'll make us some breakfast.  I feel really bad for causing all this to happen."

"It ok..just don't put rat poison in the food.' He joked as he was holding the Kleenex to his bleeding nose.

 

He came down a few minutes later.  The house was filled with the smell of food.  Yoona was in the kitchen setting the table.  She was actually feeling   like they were dating.  Though she was happy, but she was able to hide so well,  She liked how there was a lot of skinship earlier when they were playing but felt bad that she punched him in the nose. 

"Ah...why am I always such a klutz."

"Donghae stood but the kitchen door looking at her.  She was still wearing the sweats he gave her last night and she looked good in it.  He saw that her hand was still wrapped in the bandage.  'Maybe because her hand was injured that it prevented her from hitting me hard enough to land me in the hospital and in coma.' he thought.

She turned around to see him standing and was startled. "Ah, you scared me.  Al least say something. I was so ready to grab the umbrella."

"What? The umbrella.  Sure.  Go ahead, I'll make sure you have a hard time once we go back to school."  they both laughed and went on to eat their breakfast.

After eating, they cleaned up.  Donghae offered to do the dished because of her hand.  Yoona was on the other hand didn't know why Leeteuk didn't at least text or call her.  He texted last night saying he was going to be home late and he never text back. She thought maybe he was busy.  

As Donghae was getting ready to leave, Yoona apologized again. "I'm very sorry for hitting you on the head last night and punching you this morning.  I truly am sorry.  And thank your for returning my school uniform.  I feel bad that I'm still in your sweats.  I promise I[ll wash them and send them over."

It's ok.  I'm fine and don't worry about the clothes. You can return them anytime. Then I'll take my leave.  Thanks for breakfast." 

"I'll walk you out."  And they both walked to the door. 

Donghae reached for the doorknob and turned it while Yoona fixed her shoes.  As he pulled the door back to open it, he froze at what he saw.  Yoona finished putting on her shoe and when she turned, her heart almost stopped when she saw Yesung standing outside the door inspecting both her and Donghae.

 

 

 

What did you guys think of this chapter?  Please comment. I don't like silent readers.