Break Down

The Only Light I See

 

 

 

Yuri woke up, hearing a bark from her puppy. She rubbed her eyes sleepily then rubbed Brownie's head. It's been a week since Tiffany left, and she didn't have enough sleep since then. 

She needed to see her girlfriend. She couldn't bear it anymore. Days without the eyesmiling girl's appearance were terrible. Being apart from her was too much for Yuri. 



"you miss your mommy, huh?" Yuri asked, earning a bark from the puppy


"let's visit your mommy, Brownie.." Yuri smiled and Brownie barked again while moving his tail cutely

 

 



 

 

 

 

Jessica and Yoona was finally back to Korea. They rushed to their house right after they landed, because they were excited to see their baby. 



"Kyungsannieeeeee......" Jessica took the baby boy from her mother's arms


"i miss you so much, cute boy.." Yoona kissed both of Kyungsan's cheeks, earning a laugh from the baby


"he's looks cuter, right, Yoongie?"


"right, baby.." Yoona nodded and smiled 




"so, how's your honeymoon?" Mrs.Jung changed the topic


"it was great, umma. I'm so happy.." Jessica said with a huge smile


"good to hear that, darling.." Mrs.Jung smiled as well


"how about Kyungsan? Was he doing well when i'm gone?"


"he was fine, no need to worry.." 


"good.." 




"ah! Kyungsannie, i bought you toys and clothes.." Jessica turned her attention to her baby


"yeah, i'm sure you'll like it. Let's play.." Yoona took Kyungsan to the bag filled with Kyungsan's new stuffs, leaving Jessica only with Mrs.Jung




"and this is for you, umma.." Jessica gave a present to her mother


"thank you, dear.."


"this is for appa, please give it to him later.."


"okay.." Mrs.Jung nodded




"so, are you ready for this, Jess?" Mrs.Jung asked while watching at Kyungsan and Yoona


"what do you mean, umma?" Jessica asked in confusion


"raising Kyungsan. Are you sure you're ready?" 


"i'm ready. Moreover, Yoona could also treat Kyungsan like her own son.." Jessica said, turned her attention back to Kyungsan and Yoona


"i can see that. I'm so glad, Yoona can accept him.." Mrs.Jung smiled faintly


"you don't have to worry, umma. I can do this, just give me a support for that.." 


"i'll always do, darling.." Mrs.Jung gave a gentle squeeze on her daughter's hand

 

 

 


 

 

 

"how long that you need, Tiffany? It's been a week.."


"what do you mean, Kris?"


"you still doubt with your feeling?"


"i don't doubt with my feeling..” Tiffany denied

 

“don’t deny it..”

 

“i’m just searching an answer, why i’m not ready for marriage..”

 

“what’s the different? That also means, you doubt..” Kris said stubbornly

 

“i don’t!!” Tiffany snapped




Kris sighed, "what about we try this?"


"try what?" 


"this.."



With that, Kris stepped forward and closed the gap between them. And Tiffany's eyes widen with the sudden action. She wanted to push him away, but then she remembered Sunny's words. 


"if you kiss him, and you feel butterflies fly inside your stomach, like when you're with Yuri, that means you feel the same way.."




Tiffany smiled between the kiss. It wasn't because she enjoyed the kiss, but because she felt nothing with the kiss. She could only see Yuri's face in her mind. There weren't butterflies inside her stomach. The kiss was totally different when she did with Yuri. And kissing Yuri was better, she could get a great feeling whenever she did it with her girlfriend. 

Meanwhile, Kris thought the opposite. He thought that Tiffany smiled because she felt the love which he transferred to her through the kiss.



Both of them broke the kiss, when they heard a bark from a dog. They were startled, especially Tiffany who saw Yuri stood a meter away from her. She could see dissapointment and hurt in Yuri's eyes.




"Yuri.."


"let's go, Brownie. We got a wrong place.." with that, Yuri took Brownie and started to walk away with tears 




Tiffany wanted to chase her girlfriend but Kris held her hand and prevented her to go. She struggled and ran as fast as she could to chase the tanned girl. 

Yuri hid behind a wall when she heard Tiffany's voice that calling her name came closer. She watched Tiffany ran, passing her hiding place. Then when Tiffany had been far, she ran and ran away aimlessly.



Tiffany went to their house and found nothing. She called all of Yuri's friends but they didn't know where the tanned girl was. Tiffany cursed herself for being stupid once again. Fear was engulfing her. She was afraid that Yuri might leave her. And she didn't want it to happen. She loves Yuri, and she knew it for sure. No doubt.

 


Tiffany became much worried. Sun had changed into moon, and It was past midnight, there still was no sign from her girlfriend. She was sleepy and her eyelids became heavier. But when she was about to sleep, the door swung open, revealing her girlfriend who collapsed after she stepped into the house. 

Tiffany rushed towards the unconscious girl. Yuri was drenched. No wonder, it was rain heavily earlier. Her body was shaking and Tiffany with all her strenght, carried Yuri to their bed. Changing her clothes, dried her hair, and hugging her tight under the thick blanket to keep her warm and to stop her from shaking.



 


"i'm sorry, Yuri. I'm so sorry. It's just a misunderstanding. I'll explain to you later after you wake up.." with that, Tiffany closed her eyes, and slowly drifted into sleep