01 || Teaser

Of Betrayal and Lies

She’s the most popular idol in Korea nowadays. She’s nominees for various awards and she has been sweeping the stage off for over years. She’s gains a lot of attention and popularity. She’s swept off all the possible awards she could ever win. She has changed, from an ordinary high-school girl, to a young and famous singer.

However, being the best wasn’t as good as most people imagine it to be. She will be extremely happy, when she had to get on the stage simply to receive the awards. But in the other side, she’s extremely exhausted. Being the best, there’s nothing she can’t do and she has to do it all. Sometimes it was tiring but she enjoys her job very much.

She’s standing strong, her painful debut days has brought her to be more mature. She may look bubbly and cheerful outside, but she’s very mature inside. To finally be able to sing once more, to be able to receive a lot of love and respect, she can’t hopes for anymore things. It’s more than enough, to feels that people loves her.

Here she is, despite the exhaustion she’s standing strong to perform on the stage. She’s in Japan, ready to perform in Orchard Hall. She could hear the cheers, unable to wait any longer. She’s happy; her promotions are all going very well. She receives a lot of compliments and also cheers. Even her company was impressed by her current popularity and success.

Fans- she realizes how much they took part in her success. She should be very thankful to them. She loves them very much, for supporting her ever since the beginning, today and tomorrow. The fact that her fan club has been increasing each day has brought her much happiness. If it’s possible, she would like to meet each and every one of them.

Having her fans by her side all the time was more than enough. It’s the reason she was able to stand strong. It’s the reason she has yet to give up, despite the exhaustion that she has to suffer each day. It’s the reason she keeps on singing, to make them happy. Thanks to her fans, she receives the strength and her will of living. Thanks to her fans, she looks forward to each day, having a will to lives.

It’s more than enough, to have a fan. Knowing her fan club has turn thousands or even millions, almost brought her to tears. Each time she performs, she feels like crying. Her eyes would get teary, especially when they cheer for her. It’s too pleasant. She can’t cry in front of her fans, she doesn’t want to extinguish their hopes.

Each time she finished singing, she would come back with tears in her eyes. She would cry while smiling widely. Her manager would do the same; he would encourage her a lot. She always tried her best on each and every of her performances, to satisfy her fans. And now hearing the loud cheers caused her to tear up again.

However, something is missing today. Something doesn’t feel right. Although she has received a lot of encouragement from her friends through text messages and calls, from her parents, and from most of her Korean fans, something still doesn’t feel right. She feels awful, for not being happy right now. Because as an idol, she’s supposed to be happy just by knowing there are more than 2000 fans waiting for her outside.

She was inside her dressing room, 10 minutes before the show starts. She was staring blankly at her reflection on the mirror. She dresses up with black dress, something unusual. Sometimes, she usually wears brighter colors, pink, yellow, or white. But not today. Well, that is not a problem. What has been troubling her was her phone.

She was staring at her phone, for a long time. Ever since they arrived in Japan a week ago due to some extra preparations, she has been staring at her phone. Each time they had a break, Jieun would found herself staring blankly at her phone, hoping it would vibrate or ring soon. Her gloomy face turns excited each times it vibrates but in the end it would revert back to her gloomy-self.

He hasn’t called her yet, that is why she’s anxious. It’s the first time they have been apart for almost a week. Jieun has to stay in Japan for another long week before going back to Korea. She hasn’t seen him for a while; they haven’t made any contact yet. Jieun was anxious, because he had never forgotten to call or text her before.

“Jieun-ah, we’re ready in 10!” Her manager shouted.


EXO was a new debuted group, they consists of 12 people. They debuted a while ago and managed to achieve success in one blow. They are very active, especially in Korea and China. As we all know, they are all consisted of 12 handsome boys without any exclusion. They have been busy nowadays, barely having time to rest or sleep. Even they had trouble adjusting their schedule to be able to go out and eat.

Jieun hadn’t done any promotion in China, they rarely met. They’re busy nowadays, sweeping many awards and also compliments. Their debut was quite a hard time, but not as hard as Jieun. At least, they didn’t receive any curse when performing. Jieun has to bear with all the flying curses when she first debuted.

Kai was one of the EXO members. He’s rather active in Korea, which makes it easier for him and Jieun to meet each other. They often called each other or texted, rather than going out on a date. Paparazzi are quite crazy nowadays; it seems they are dangerous enough to kill people. As EXO has started to gain popularities, Kai was one of the members who got it the most.

He was known to have a cool and arrogant aura that surrounds him. He dances very well with millions of noona hearts wanting to be his girlfriend. Too bad he’s taken, taken by our young and beautiful soloist, IU. They have been in a relationship for quite a long time, even before his debut days. They met during an interview and seem to be interested in each other.

Kai and Jieun show a lot of affection toward each other. Jieun got insecured easily, after her parent’s sudden death. Kai was there for her, to make her feel safe and secure. They show a lot of affection when they’re not in public. They’re smart enough to know that Paparazzi are crazy enough to kill people. Jieun needs to protect her carrer and image, so does Kai.

They texted each other a lot. Jieun was the quiet one while Kai was the cheesy and quite talkative. Jieun never started conversation, she won’t be the calling him unless he called her first. The same apply to the text messages. Jieun will always wait for his texts and calls each day, and he has never once forgotten to call his lovely girlfriend.

However, it is undeniable that he has been too busy lately. Their music shows are all over the place, urging them to abandon their private life and health, to perform their best. Of course, they don’t want to get fired right after having a successful debut. This is what he wants for a life time, to be able to perform on stage.


Jieun was deep in her thoughts when her phone suddenly vibrated and rings loudly. She almost jumps in excitement; a smile curves her lips upward. She looks pretty each time she smiles, Kai always told her to smile. She quickly grabbed her phone and presses the green button.

“Kai!” She exclaimed excitedly.

“Jieun-ah, it’s Jiyeon.” The other party answered.

“Oh, Jiyeon-ah.”

“What’s wrong? Kai hasn’t called you yet?” Jiyeon notices her best friend disappointed tone.

“No. He hasn’t called me eversince I arrived in Japan.” She sighs.

“EXO is very busy nowadays. You should understand him a little more.”

“I know that. I hope he’s not overworking himself.”

She knows the truth behind being famous. Fame was something incredible, everyone wanted the most. Although the truth is, she has fear towards fame. She was scared that she might get obsessed with fame. She fears that her fame might bring her down. She was afraid that her fame is going to changed her. Fame has been the only thing keeping the two apart, because of fame they’re too busy for each other.

It was a long casual talk between best friends that lasted within three minutes. Jieun has to get ready for the performance fast yet Kai hasn’t called yet. She won’t be able to perform her best without his best wishes. He’s her boyfriend after all, someone she loves the most. Since her parents are gone, he’s the only thing she cared about.

“Fighting, Jieun-ah. I will be wishing for the best.” Jiyeon ended their conversation with the best wishes.

“Thank you, Jiyeon-ah.”

Her manager has warned her to hurry up for the third time. Its five minutes before the performance. The cheer was unbelievable, her ears almost got deaf because of it. The Japanese are known to be quiet each time a performance begins, since they will be able to enjoy her performance well that way. Therefore, she has to give her best. But how? He hasn’t even called yet.

In the last three minutes, her phone vibrated again. She jumps and grabbed her phone fast, she didn’t expect much since it’s barely impossible to be Kai. But she was wrong, it was and is Kai. Kai called her, he finally called her.

“Hello?”

“Hello, Jieun-ah. It’s me, Jogin.”

“Oh, Kai. You finally called me.”

“I’m Jongin, stop calling me Kai, Jieun. I hate it when you do that. I’m sorry I haven’t called you these days.”

“You must have been very busy, Kai. I have to go soon.”

“Hey, stop calling me, Kai! Jogin, call me Jogin.” He insisted.

“Kai.”

“IU.”

“No, call me Jieun, Kai.”

“IU, call me Jogin.”

Kai has always hated his real name, Kim Jongin. He was abandoned by his real parents; therefore he decided to throw everything they have given to him, including his name. Kai seems cooler and also refreshing. It’s easy to be said and not boring at all. But it changes when he met Jieun, his real names sounded very sweet when she says it.

“Okay, then. Jogin, how have you been?”

“I’m fine, Jieun. Now go and rock the stage. I will be praying for you.”

“Jongin, don’t ever forgot to text me again.”

“Okay, I will call you when the show is finished. I love you, Jieun.”

“I love you too, Jongin.”

She goes on stage with a huge smile on her face. It’s completed now, everything she needs to be able to perform perfectly on stage. In the end, she manages to mesmerized all the viewers, having the pride of being the youngest ever performer in Orchard Hall. She got it all, fans love, successful promotion, her love life, and compliments.

 

A/N

I’m supposed to update this starting in June 2013. This is the first chapter, the introduction. Please count this as a teaser, and please leaves comment. I will try to update this story again on the 1st of June 2013. I hope you like it. Thank you!