Best Friend's Advice

Away We Happened
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
chapter 5: best friend's advice "Dude, you have a girl's full name and you haven't even looked her up online yet?  Man, you gotta do your homework these days!"  by: jamxchology

"Man! These pictures are great. Thanks for covering up for me Kris" the guy on a black and white striped slick long-sleeve complimented, as he continued to browse through some pictures on his Ipad.

 

"Dude, no problem!" the blondie shrugged, as he patiently waits for their order to come. "On the second thought, it didn't end up being so bad" he said, a cute smirk appearing on the side of his face. 

 

Two days after Kris received the e-mail from Tao about his new task in Los Angeles, Chen was reassigned to take over his job in New York so now they're in a restaurant discussing further details together.  Other than that, they're also spending some quality time that they've lost after they temporarily seperated due to their location issues.

 

Right on cue, his cell phone rang indicating a message. Without another word, he placed his cup down the table and instantly slid off his phone from his pocket, keying his password. 

1 new message: From Hyoyeon 

 

Another grin appeared on his face as he tapped the "view message" section without wasting another second. 

 

"Hey Kris! I'm on my way to my next interview now. Wish me luck (:" 

 

He doesn't know what it was that makes him smile whenever he reads her text messages or hears her voice on the phone, but somehow he feels great knowing what's going on about her from time to time. If it was another person messaging him, he would've slammed his phone and exchanged his number to a new one just to avoid further disturbance but if it's ever a message or a phone call coming from Hyoyeon, he couldn't resist to reply back immediately and smile to himself. 

 

"Did you text me to ask for another good luck? You don't need it, I know you'll do great ;)" he sent.

 

"Okay so, here's what you need for L.A" Chen announced, as he pulled out a wide length envelope from his side bag, presenting it to Kris. 

 

No response... 

 

"Make sure get there early because you have to discuss things with the manager" he continued, staring intently at his busy friend who is amusingly ogling on his phone, totally oblivious of his presence.

 

Still, he didn't get any response. 

 

"Who also has some super power abilities. So make sure you won't get hit by the lightning if he ever gets pissed of at you because you're not even listening" he sarcastically remarked.

 

Still, Kris wasn't reacting.

 

He stared at him, mouth gaped open and wide eyed. Is this for real? he thought. All his life, he has never seen Kris, his mega organized and super focused best friend, so absent-minded like this in their four years of alliance ever before. He can still remember their college days together, he was always busy checking out girls and dating while Kris was too busy studying and taking pictures, not even taking a second glance at anyone that requires a side-track attention. But now, he's so lost in his own little world. The black haired guy almost couldn't believe his eyes.

 

"You do realize that by this moment, he's about to strangle you right?" he forged further, hoping to get at least a small reaction from his best friend, but just like his three other attempts, he was ignored. 

 

"Kris Hiang!" Chen screamed, smacking the phone in the process. "You're not even listening to me!" he vented, letting out his frustration.

 

After hearing his odd nickname being called and recovering from the shock of his best friend's scream, Kris came back from his senses. "Oh, I'm sorry. What's that?" he uttered, finally leaving his gaze away from his hand phone.

 

Chen slammed the envelope he was holding on the table and pointed at it, illustrating that he was talking about it a while ago. 

 

"Look, I was just trying to figure out when Hyoyeon and I would exchange bags" Kris explained, trying to ease up his friend's hard feelings towards him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter