First Phone Conversation

Away We Happened
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

chapter 2: first phone conversation "I knew I didn't steal my bag, you stole it!"  "I obviously didn't steal it if I'm calling you right now...!" by: jamxchology

Kris frustratedly flipped the luggage over just so he could see it's back side, hoping that whoever the owner is have at least placed any of their information somewhere in the luggage slots. He heaved out a sigh of relief when he spotted a white piece of paper with a sloppy writing alongside with it.

 

"Kim Hyoyeon" he muttered as he dialed the owner's number on his phone. 

 

The phone rang for a couple of times, but to his dismay, nobody was picking up so he just decided to take a photo of the luggage in front of him and send a multimedia text alongside with the message:

 

I think I have your bag! Do you have mine? Please call me back... to the same number hoping that she'll be able to see it soon. 

 

Kris decided to just hang around the park for a couple more hours, roaming around from time to time as he contented himself taking pictures from his Samsung Galaxy SIII. He can't take a professional portfolio because of his missing camera of course, but it's better than nothing right? He continued exploring the place until he reached the base of the Belvedere Castle where there was a turtle pond when he received another phone call from his annoying best friend, Chen.

 

"Yeah, I received the photos but what happened to the quality? Did you damage your camera again?" he heard him complain from the other line. 

 

"No. I told you, my camera is on another bag" Kris stated, matter-of-factly.

"The one you can't find?" his friend questioned again and Kris can't help but rake his hair in frustration because of the dumb question.

 

"Yes, the one I can't find. Chen, you're not even listening to me!" he exclaimed with a sarcastic tone. Since his best friend was complaining about the picture quality, he had no choice but to tell him the whole story of the unfaithful incident that happened to him starting from the coffee shop. He's been having a really bad day so far and his friend's interrogation is not making things any better for him either.

 

Just when Chen was about to retort back, Kris' phone rang initiating that there's another person calling him from another line. "Hey, I gotta hang up. This might be her" 

 

"Ouu, she likes you!" the lad jested, making Kris roll his eyes once more. 

 

"Of course not, I have her bag you idiot! You know what, forget it! Bye" he replied before hanging up and quickly switching to the other line.

 

"Hello?" he uttered the first thing on his mind. 

 

"Hi, uhm do you have my bag?" A lady blantly spoke in the other line, making sure to jump into the important topic right away. Her voice was soft and very unique.

 

"I-is this Hyoyeon? Kim Hyoyeon?" Kris asked, just to make sure he's talking to the right person.

 

"Yeah... I got your text. Sorry, I was on the plane" she replied, honestly.

 

"Plane?" Curiousity took over him. "So you're in?" 

 

"L.A." the girl quickly replied, asking him the same question "Where are you?" 

 

"New York..." he responded. "Uh, look, I have your bag. Do you have mine?" 

 

"Uhh, I think so???" the girl replied, the unsure tone in her voice is completely evident. "Why don't you have a name tag? It's really unsafe." 

 

Kris pierced a gaze to nowhere in particular and sighed again. He seems to be doing that a lot lately but he just can't help it, he's not used to change of plans and this turnout of events is totally annoying him. "Just tell me, does it have badge on the back?" 

 

"I'm not really good with short descriptions" Hyoyeon informed. 

 

"It looks like an elongated silver hexagon" Kris described it for her, this time more specific just as she requested.

 

"Well, if you mean like this, then yes..." 

 

After a millisecond, Kris received a mms message revealing a photo of a similar bag with his signature badge that he's been patiently looking for. He let out a short scoff and smiled to himself. "Yeah, that's it. That's my bag." 

 

The two of them continued chatting on the phone, planning and sorting how they're going to ship or mail their luggages back to each other and ended up exchanging addresses. Kris was more relax and comfortable now compared to earlier so his voice sounded more softer than before. 

 

"Geeze, I really didn't know how this happened. I know I had my bag with me before I got on the plane" Kris wondered.

 

"And I know I left my apartment with mine" Hyoyeon contemplated.

 

"And I just went to the bathroom because I've been holding it for hours." Kris stated. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter