Setting Things Right-Part 3

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Already Taken

I was standing in the lobby of S.M building waiting for KyuHyun to arrive. I had already asked my manager about BoA noona's schedule, she was free for the whole day. JooHyunnie and SongQIan would be around the trainee area training, i just had to go find them. At that exact moment KyuHyu arrived in a long trench coat, mask and beanie. When he got to me he pulled down his mask and said:

"Hey ChangMin, you ready?"

"Yep, follow me"

We walked further into the building heading towards the recording rooms. I was told that BoA noona was spending her time there a lot, writing new songs. We stopped outside one of the biggest recording rooms and i knocked quietly on the door. A small little reply "come in". I stuck my head around the corner and saw BoA sitting on the couch with music sheets spread all around her and a pencil behind her ear. She saw me and KyuHyun, smiled and gestured for us to sit down.

"Hey boys, whats up?"

"Noona, this is KyuHyun, he is a new trainee here" i said

"Hello, my name is Cho KyuHyun"

"Ahh, so your the new trainee who has a voice like an angels, well, my name is BoA, nice to meet you"

KyuHyun blushed and bowed politely.

Back to buisness, "Noona, your really good friends with HyeRim right?"

"Yes, shes such a darling, i became friends with her the first day she came to the company. She was so young then! she could hardly talk! but an intelligent child she was and learnt the rules and stuff pretty quickly."

"Well... could you come with us? we need to explain something to you about her..."

"Has something happened? is she alright?"

"Techinically she is alright... for now"

"FOR NOW?!?!?!" 

"Noona, please just come with us and we will explain everything to you"

"Okay then... you guys better explain"

BoA noona put down her pen and stood up ready to follow us out of the room. Once we were outside the door i told KyuHyun to lead her to the 3rd floor dance studio and i will go get JooHyunnie and SongQian. 

As KyuHyun and BoA noona walked the opposite way off to the elevator i went to the staircase to go downstairs to the trainee area to find the girls.

I walked past dance studio 1 and heard "Into the New World" being played. "Bingo" this is SNSD's practise room. I knocked on the door and peeked inside. All the girls were dancing to the song with hard working intense looks on their faces. I immiediately spotted JooHyunnie dancing near the front. Aww, shes so cute! Even though she was the youngest she was one of the tallest. I stood there waiting for their song to finish before i entered. 

Once the song ended all the girls collapsed on the ground and started chatting. I walked in and said hi.

"Hi! Nice work! Your dancing was awsome!"

"Oh, Hello Oppa!" said Taeyeon the leader 

I recieved a series of hellos and welcomings from the rest of the girls.

"Are you guys resting now? cause i need to borrow JooHyunnie for a little bit" i said

"Really? Why? yeah sure, we need a rest" said Sooyoung

"Me? Oppa, is everything okay?" asked Joohyunnie

"Yeah, everythings okay. I just need to talk to you for a little bit"

"oh okay sure. Bye bye Unnies, I'll be back soon!"

All the other girls mumbled some goodbyes, but some of them were givig death glares. I think their names are Hyoyeon, Yoona and Jessica. They were all staring at me like i was some pedo stealing their beloved maknae away.

I lead her out of the dance studio and asked her, "Joohyunnie-ah do you know where SongQian is?"

"SongQian unnie? She's in studio 5. Why do you need her?"

"She needs to come and talk with us aswell"

JooHyunnie gave me a quzzical look but didnt say anything. I went and knocked on the door of studio 5 and peeked around the corner. There was this tall girl with big round eyes and big nice smile stretching in the middle of the dance floor. 

"Unnie!!! NiHao!" JooHyunnie ran inside and hugged SongQian from the back. 

SongQian looked surprised at first, but then once saw who it was smiled and hugged back tightly.

She said in a broken korean, "Hi Hyunnie! What are you doing here?"

"Unnie its not me whos looking for you, its ChangMin oppa"

"Changmin oppa?"

SongQian turned around to see me standing behind them. I bowed politely. 

"Hello, i am Shim ChangMin"

SongQian stood up hastily and also bowed, "Hello, my name is SongQian"

There was an awkward silence between us. Thank god for JooHyunnie who broke the silence.

"Oppa, what did you want to tell us?"

"Right.. umm... both of you are really good friends with HyeRim right?"

Both of them nodded.

"Well.. something has happened. Can both of you come with me?"

"Is HyeRim alright?" asked SongQian worridley.

"What happened?" asked JooHyunnie

"Just come with me, i will explain it"

Both of them didnt question me further and followed me out of the room. We made our way to the elevator and i pressed the button for level 3. Both girl looked at me quizzically, but i just shook my head. I would explain in front of everyone. We made our way to the only dance studio on this level and stepped inside. BoA noona and KyuHyun were inside sitting on the ground chatting quietly. They stopped once we walked in and BoA looked at JooHyunnie and SongQian but didnt say anything. Everyone greeted each other and sat down. It was time to start the story...

"Well, you guys must be wondering why i called you here today, well its about HyeRim. You guys are all very close friends with her and care for her immensly. I can tell that by the way you guys reacted when i said somethng happend to her. Well, something DID happen to her and has hurt her, not only physically, but mentally aswell..."

Everyone was about to interject at the same time when Lee SooMan sunbaenim himself burst through the door. We all stared at him in shock, he looked quite breathless and worried. 

"KyuHyun! ChangMin! I need to talk to you two!"

Then he surveyed the room around him and noticed BoA, Joohyunnie and SongQian. 

he said "then again... you 3 better also come and listen to this, you might be of help"

I started wondering what he was talking about, but didnt say anything and followed him out of the room. Everyone was silent as we walked behind him. He was mumbling to himself as we were walking towards his office on the top floor "I cant believe.... how could they.... only a child!... must expel them..."

We walked straight into his office and he closed the doorbehind him. We sat down on the long couch avaliable and made ourselved comfortable. Lee SooMan sunbaenim went to his desk and bought over a laptop with what seemed like CCTV on the screen. It was of the cafeteria. I looked at the date and saw it was yesterday! it must be about HyeRim! it was caught on CCTV. Lee SooMan didnt say anything and just pressed play, we watched as the kids from HyeRim's class bullied her and dumped all their lunch on her head.

I could hear and see the others bunching their hands into fists in anger and grunting in disaproval. Once HyeRim dragged herself away from the scene Lee SooMan sunbaemin switched the screen and it switched to the corridor. It was the corridor outside the room i found HyeRim in! We watched in horror as the kids chased after her and pushed her to the ground, they started punching her and kicking her, HyeRim was helpless on the ground... But then they suddenly stopped and dragged her into the dance studio and left her there. They ran off congragulating each other. Just then i walked into the screen and into the which HyeRim was in.

I thought that was the end of that but then Lee SooMan sunbaenim wasnt done yet, he changed the screen yet again and it was the lobby. I recognized HyeRim's teacher, a young man, whom i never really liked. He was always cold and angry, he never liked any of his students. I saw the kids running happily towards him, he high fived them and slapped them on the back and gave each of them some money (it looked like) and ran away. 

It all made sense now... The teacher was the real mastermind, he was the one who bribed the kids to hurt HyeRim.

With that Lee SooMan closed the laptop lid and looked at us, measuring our response.

"Well, what do you think?"