Straight Through My Heart

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Already Taken

That day JunYoung and i returned to S.M Building to start working on our debut. Our first step was to go and see Kim SungJae in the recording room to recieve our new song. The building was very quiet, but if you listened closely you can hear the many different songs floating out from their practise rooms. Me and JunYoung made our way to the recording room. On the way we saw Amber and Krystal from f(x).

"OMG, HyeRim! Are you okay! We heard that you were in hospital again!" screamed Krystal when she saw us in the hallway.

"We are sooo worried!" said Amber.

"I'm fine unnies" i smiled at them. "JunYoung took very good care of me"

Both of the girls turned to JunYoung and hugged him.

"Thank You so much for looking after our little HyeRim" said Krystal.

"We owe you dude" said Amber.

JunYoung stood their frozen and his face flaming red. I laughed at his face, it was priceless

When the girls let go of him we bid our goodbyes and they went back to their practise room. Me and JunYoung made our way to the recording room.

*Knock Knock*

"Come in" said a deep huskey voice from inside.

JunYoung was infront and slowly pushed open the door. 

*JunYoung's POV*

I stuck my head around the corner and was welcomed by an old looking ajusshi with grey hair and glasses. He was sitting on the couch in the far corner of the room. He had a few folders of music in front of him. 

"Ahh, JunYoung and HyeRIm, please, please come in!" smiled the ajusshi.

I opened the door wider to let HyeRim and myself in. We walked in, bowed, and took seats on the couch next to him.

"Hello, I am Kin SungJae, Composer and Song Writer." said the ajusshi.

"Hello my name is Kim JunYoung, nice to meet you" i bowed slightly.

"Hello, my name is Cho HyeRim, pleasure to meet you sir" said HyeRim and also bowed slightly.

"Hahaha, so formal you 2! its fine, im not scary at all! Just call me SungJae ajusshi" he laughed.

Both me and HyeRim just smiled at him. 

 

"So, i have your debut song for you here! Its quite an upbeat song, its called "Straight Through My Heart". The album doesnt have to be called the name of the song, you guys can come up with another name, but in my opinion it would be better to call it the name of the song, its up to you guys."

"Umm... i dont really mind, what about you JunYoung?" said HyeRim.

"Er... I think calling it the title would be fine" i said quietly.

"Thats great! I'll show you the song now!" said SungJae ajusshi standing up and walking towards the recording side of the room. He sat down on this big chair and adjusted a few buttons before pressing play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5mTPEl9Hu8   (Link)

Ajusshi passes me and HyeRim each a piece of paper, i looked at it and realised it was the lyrics already highlighted with who to sing which part.

Pink - HyeRim     Blue - JunYoung     Black - Both

STRAIGHT THROUGH MY HEART

 

Ooh Oh Oh
In the heart
Of the night
When it's dark
In the lights
I heard the loudest noise
A gunshot on the floor
Oh-oh Oh-oh


I looked down
And my shirt's turning red
I'm spinning around
Felt her hand in my hand
And her voice 
In my ear
Like I missed you
Want you tonight


Straight through my heart
A single bullet got me
I can't stop the bleeding
Oh-oh
Straight through my heart
You aimed and you shot me
I just can't believe it
Oh-oh
No I can't resist
And I can't be hit
I just can't escape this love

Straight through my heart
Soldier down (my heart)
Soldier down (my heart)

Thought I moved
More than on
Thought I could
Fool her charm
I really wanna go
But I can't leave her alone
Oh-oh Oh-oh

Hear the sound
Of a love so loud
I just can't 
I just can't 
Ignore this feeling
Said he missed me
And he wants me
Wants me tonight


Straight through my heart
A single bullet got me
I can't stop the bleeding
Oh-oh
Straight through my heart (Soldier down)
You aimed and you shot me (Soldier down)
I just can't believe it
Oh-oh
No I can't resist 
And I can't be hit
I just can't escape this love

Straight through my heart
Soldier down (my heart)
Soldier down (my heart)


In the heart
Of the night
When it's dark
In the lights
I heard the loudest voice

A gunshot on the floor-or-or-or
 
Straight through my heart (HEART~)

 

A single bullet got me
I can't stop the bleeding
Oh-oh
Straight through my heart (Soldier down)
You aimed and you shot me (Soldier down)
I just can't believe it
Oh-oh
No I can't resist (I cant resist)
And I can't be hit (I just can't) (no no)

I just can't escape this love
Straight through my heart
Soldier down (my heart)
Soldier down (my heart)

oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

 

Straight through my heart

Soldier down (my heart)
Soldier down (my heart)

My heart my hea-ea-ea-ea-eart

Straight through my heart

Soldier down (my heart)
Soldier down (my heart)

oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

By the end of the song me and HyeRIm were both singing along with it. 
 
"WOW this song is awsome! Its catchy, upbeat and will be a great song to choreograph!" said HyeRim.
 
"Its really good! I Love it! I can't wait!" i said smiling at ajusshi.
 
"Hahaha im glad you both like the song" smiled ajusshi. "At first i thought the lyrics might've been a little depressing for you guys, but i then thought about it and think this is the only suitable style for this song"
 
"Yep, its good you didn't change them ajusshi" smiled HyeRim.
 
We all sat there listening to the song over and over again singing along with it.
 
"Um.. excuse me ajusshi..." i said quietly after the 3rd time round.
 
"Yes?"
 
"I just realised, this song is english, will there be a korean version?"
 
"Oh! i almost forgot! Yes, i did write a korean version! Its the exact same, but translated into korean. I also have a japanese and Chinese version, but Lee SooMan-ssi told me not to show them yet"
 
"Oooh! even Chinese and Japanese? Thats awsome! ajusshi you have worked hard" said HyeRim bowing deeply to ajusshi.
 
"Ah, darling your too kind, its my job!" laughed ajusshi.
 
"Thank You so much ajusshi" i also bowed. 
 
Ajusshi just laughed and shook his head slightly. He went back to his control panel and pressed a few buttons before the korean version of "Straight through my Heart" played out. He handed me and HyeRim the papers with the korean lyrics on it. We listened intently and realised that the lyrics were indeed the exact same, just a few variations. It was as good as the English one. 
 
As the song finished ajusshi turned to me and HyeRim with a piece of paper in his hands. 
 
"I have been told that you two dont have a comcept sorted out yet for this song, or theme. Lee SooMan said that you guys are allowed to figure it out for yourself. If it was me i wouldn't go with anything too glamourous or crazy, something more pure and innocent will do for you two, but thats only my opinion," he smiled, " Lee SooMan-ssi also said that you guys need at least 7 songs. The english and korean version of Straight Through my Heart bring that down to 5. Do you have any ideas for the other songs? I have a large box here full of old songs collected by S.M over the years bought from various artists and written by myself and my fellow composers. You guys are free to come in here anytime to look for some for your album."
 
"Thank You ajusshi. But i sort of wanted to write a few songs myself..." i said quietly.
 
"Oh Boy! I almost forgot! Your the famous Kim JunYoung! OfCourse you can write the songs! Your songs are fabulous! Write as much as you can!"
 
I felt my cheeks heat up and i looked down. 
 
"HyeRim, your also very good at composing, you should also participate. I bet your fans would love that more!" said ajusshi excitedly.
 
"Haha okay, ajusshi i will do my best"
 
"Thats my darling" 
 
Suddenly HyeRim pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket. i saw her give me an apologetic look, my face was really puzzzled. What was she going to do?
 
"Umm ajusshi... actually we already have one song ready to put on the album. Me and JunYoung wrote it together. I was wondering if you could take a look at it before we add it to the list" HyeRim said shyly holding out the paper towards ajusshi. 
 
Now i was really puzzled. Did we write a song together? When did we write a song together? I dont remember agreeing on a song for the album. i stared at ajusshi as he took the paper from HyeRims hands. The paper looked quite old and crumbled. ajusshi gently opened the paper and shook it out. He pushed his glasses higher up his nose to read it. 
 
"Art of Love? That is a lovely title you two, so creative." smiled ajusshi.
 
ART OF LOVE?!?!? the song me and HyeRim wrote in Australia... the last song we performed together before she left me.. I let my gaze fall to my feet and felt HyeRim's stare digging into my face. I could tell that she was sorry and didn't want me to get mad. I wasn't mad, i would have done the same as her, its just that.... that song brought back so many memories... It was a song that i would treaure forever.
 
"You guys wrote this together? Why dont you perform it for me. I have a guitar and keyboard over here. Those are the 2 instuments written on here. Please perform it for me." 
 
I looked up to look at HyeRim, her big clear eyes were teary, which broke my heart. I sighed, "Ofcourse ajusshi, we will perform." I stood up and walked over to the guitar in the corner and picked it up. i walked back to the couch and sat down. I saw HyeRim slowly get up and walk towards the piano a little wobbly on her feet. A crease formed between my eyebrows, what if she falls sick again? I must take care of her.
 
"1, 2, 3" i said and started playing.
 
I sang my heart out. I didnt need to look at the lyrics, i just sang from my heart. All the memories flashed through my mind. The first time i saw her, the excitement i felt when i was paired up with her for music, when i told her my brother's story and also when she left me...
 
The final note hung in the air. I heard ajusshi brake into applause. but my eyes were only for HyeRim. Her eyes also found mine. She broke into a smile when she saw me. I love the way how her smile looks so charming and innocent. I also broke into a true smile. 
 
"That was AWSOME! No wonder its the work of JunYoung and HyeRim! You two need to write more songs! They are so good!" said ajusshi still clapping.
 
Me and HyeRim both laughed. 
 
"So can we add it to te album?" i asked hopeful.
 
I could feel HyeRim's shocked stare on me as looked at ajusshi hopeful.
 
"OFCOURSE! You MUST add this song! It can be the second one on the album!" laughed ajusshi.
 
I smiled and looked over at HyeRim. Her eyes were filled with tears and she mouthed, "Thank You".
 
Suddenly HyeRim's phone started ringing. She scrambled for her phone and started talking. Me and ajusshi waited patiently for her to finish. 
 
When she came back she said, "JunYoung-ah, manager appa wants us to go down to the carpark to go to the salon and get our make up done then follow Super Junior oppas to their Music Core performance."
 
"Really? okay then."
 
"you 2 must go then, come back tommorrow after lunch and we can discuss more about your songs."  said ajusshi.
 
"Thank You ajusshi, for all your help" said HyeRim. She grabbed her coat and was walking to the door when she gave me a quizical look because i wasnt following her. 
 
"You go ahead, i will catch up. I need to talk to ajusshi for a sec" i said.
 
"Umm okay, i will wait outside."
 
Once the door closed behind her i turned to ajussi. He was also looking at me questionally. I dug in my jeans pocket for a pieace of paper. 
 
"I have this song that i would like to add to the album, i wrote it myself." i said bowing my head slightly.
 
Ajusshi took the piece of paper and opened it. I saw him scanning the music and humming the tune and words. 
 
"This song is as good as the other one! You sure are one talented little boy Kim JunYoung!" said ajusshi proudly.
 
i smiled shyly.
 
"What You Mean To Me? That title sounds like it has a story beind it" grinned ajusshi.
 
"Er... sort of..." my face flamed.
 
"Is it her?" ajusshi pointed towards the door.
 
I stared in astonishment struck of words.
 
"Hahaaha! Its okay boy, I wont tell anyone! I will definetely add it too the album. You better not keep her waiting since she means this much to you" shaking the paper. 
 
I blushed deeper and quickly grabbed my jacket making my way to the door. 
 
"By the way JunYoung-ah," i turned around, "Good choice" he winked.
 
"AJUSSHI!"
 
"Hahaha its okay, your secret is safe with me"
 
I quickly walked out of the room leaving ajusshi laughing back in the room. 
 
When i walked out i saw HyeRim standing there with her back faced towards me rocking back and forth on her feet. When she heard the door close she turned around and smiled at me. That heartbreaking smile, something that is committed to my memory forever. 
 
"Come on JunYoung! Manager appa is waiting." 
 
I stood there still a little stunned. She laughed at my reaction and ran over to pull me with her.
 
"What happened? see a ghost?" she laughed.
 
"Nup, a billion times better" i smiled.
 
"What is it?"
 
"Not telling" i stuck my tounge out at her and ran towards the elevator. 
 
"HEY!!! Tell me!!!!! Dont run so fast!!! Wait For me!!!!" I heard her yell behind me.
 
"You will soon find out for yourself angel!!!!" I laughed.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some people where asking about the concept for this duo to help make a name, the duo is aiming for an innocent, young concept, with the qualitly of being young and able to fall in love freely. Hope and dreams are a big part of their concept and also their young age (Maknaes).
 
Hope this chapter will help with you guys coming up with a name for the duo!!! The names given now are already quite good, but i will decide the name after another chapter or so. I'm still clueless about what to call them, PLEASE HELP!!! i would like to hear your ideas.
 
BTW the songs in this story are all songs by other groups/ artists. You can search up the name on the internet to find the real artist. 
 
(I changed the lyrics a little for Straight Through My Heart to fit JunYoung and HyeRim more)
 
Comment your ideas for any songs that you would like to add to their album! I will be sure to take in all your ideas!! The song can be any language and genre!!
 
I dont noe how to add links so if the link doesnt work IM SORRYY!!! Please teach me how to link! you can listen to the song from youtube, the song is Straight Through My Heart by Backstreet Boys (yes i like old songs:D )
 
Enjoy the story!
 
xoxo