Chef JY

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Already Taken

Once again I woke up to see a bright white ceiling. How come I always end up in the hospital? I sighed and pulled myself up into a sitting position. My head swooned for a moment and my sight blurred, but it passed as soon as it came. I looked around and found JunYoung sleeping on the chair next to me. He had a crease between his eyes and a sheen of sweat all over his face. He looked like he was having a nightmare. He suddenly jerked in his sleep and his hand knocked his mobile on to the ground. I got off the bed and picked it up for him. I couldn't help noticing his wallpaper. It was a picture of him, Sharon, Anita and me in Australia. That day we went to Luna Park (an amusement park). We too the photo when we were playing around. We all hugged onto each other and laughed happily in the photo. 

I felt tears brim the edge of my eyes. Sharon and Anita... I miss them so much. 

"I miss them too" a voice said.

i was so entranced in the photo that I didnt realise that JunYoung had woken and was sitting there staring at me. I quickly wiped my tears, "here, I was only picking it up for you" and handed his mobile back.

junyoung looked quite shocked at my reaction, but decided to ignore it. I walked back to my bed and climbed in onto the mattress.

"It seems like you have a knack of landing yourself in hospital" said JunYoung.

"um.... Yeah... What happened?" I asked a little clueless. I couldn't remember much.

"well we were shopping and it was raining, so we were waiting for the rain to stop, then you just fainted. You looked really pale"

"right..."

"I brought you to the hospital and had you checked up by the doctor. He said it wasn't by serious. You just worked too hard after you left the hospital and your body was overworked. You fainted from exhaustion. You really need to take care of yourself. Don't push yourself too hard. Please, everyone is so worried about you" 

"Everyone? Who else knows about this? I just didn't want to fall back in training and give up..."

JunYoung took my hand and held it in his, he squeezed in reassuringly.

"Who said that you would fall back or give up if you take a rest for a few days? All of the rest of us have to catch up to you! You've been training since you were 3! I've only been here for like a few weeks! And about everyone knows about this... Information travels fast within SM... I've gotten calls from everyone... Like literally. "

"Oh God.." I buried my face in my hands

"sorry, at the start I only told KyuHyun hyung and Manager Appa. But then everyone found out...KyuHyun hyung was dragged off to a schedule before and manager Appa is outside making calls. I better text KyuHyun to tell him you are okay. Your allowed to leave today, as soon as you get checked by the nurse."

"That's great! Could you get the nurse for me JunYoung-a?" I asked excited about leaving.

"sure, I'll also tell Appa that your awake." JunYoung stood up and left the room.

A few minutes later the same nurse from last time bustled in and started checking my wires and temperature etc. she smiled at me, "You seem to always end up here!"

i smiled, "Hahaha, I don't exactly do it on purpose"

"of course not darling, it's just you have to take care of your body more! Your still young and recover fast, but you don't want to permemntly hurt yourself"

"I guess, I will try and take care of myself from now on!" I promised her. 

"That's my girl. I don't want to see you here again! Okay?"

"Yes!" 

We both laughed. 

After she finished checking everything. She pulled out the wires and removed the needle drip from my arm. 

"You will be able to leave as soon as your manager finishes signing the hospital forms"

"Okay, thank you so much" I smiled warmly at her.

She scuttled out giving me one last glance before she closed the door behind her. I lay back in my bed and looked at the ceiling, I have to keep myself out of the hospital from now on. I can't say that I'm in pain, I just have to deal with it. I can't let go of the reins so close to debut, to our success. If I let go I will be dragging JunYoung down with me aswell.... I can't do that to him, after all he's been through he deserves success. 

It was another half hour before I was changed and ready to leave to go home. Manager appa didn't say much on the way back, but he looked really worried. I reassured him quite a few times but it didn't work. He was just like a real father... So caring. 

It was almost 10 o'clock when he dropped both me and JunYoung at our dorm. He had to go home, but he gave us each one lasting hug before he left. I realised that everything me and JunYoung bought was already unpacked from the bags and put in place. I stared stunned at the whole dorms neatness.

"umm, my mother and father wanted to check out the dorm today, but since we were at the hospital they wanted to help so they unpacked and cleaned abetting for us" said JunYoung staring at my expression.

"Ahh, I'm so sorry about today. I bet your parents wanted to stay with you, but because of me..." I sighed and looked down at my feet.

"it's fine, I can see them any time. And it was their pleasure to help us clean. For some reason they love cleaning. I have no idea why... Parent will always be parents" he laughed.

i smiled a tiny smile but guilt washe through me. I must make it up to him. I walked through our dorm, this is my new home. 

Me and JunYoung went to our respective rooms and washed to get ready for bed. After I plopped down onto my new bed. It was so soft... 

 

I woke up to the sound of bustling around in the kitchen an pot and pans banging against each other. I jolted up in bed and ran to the kitchen pulling on a robe at the same time. I saw JunYoung also in his pj's frying eggs and making toast. I was so stunned all I could do was stare at him. HE CAN COOK? 

He suddenly turned around sensing my presence. He turned and stared at me. I could see his cheeks slowly turning pink. He then suddenly turned back to  his cooking keeping his head down.

"who knew anyone could make bed hair look so stylish?" He said returned to the sizzling food

i stood stunned for a second then my hand suddenly flew to my hair. I could feel bits and pieces of it sticking up in random directions. OMG this is so embarrassing! I squealed and stuck my tounge out at him and then dived for  my room. I banged the door behind me. I could hear JunYoung laughing. My cheeks flamed red. This is what it's going to be like living in this dorm.

once I was all groomed and presentable I walked outside to the kitchen again. JunYoung was making his last touches on his meal and was setting the table. I walked over and sat down as he set the food infront of me. 

I stared stunned. The meal looked as good as the ones from restraunts. There was scrambled eggs in one corner, bacon, toast, baked beans! It was a feast! 

"We'll staring at it ain't going to make you full, dig in!" Said JunYoung as he sat across from me on the table.

i laughed. I picked up my knife and fork and dug in. Just to say, the meal was SRUMPCIOUS!!!