What is wrong with me?

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Already Taken

Me and JunYoung were the new hot topic in the Kpop industry. Our performance with Super Junior was one of the most viewed live performances on YouTube! People recognized us as the boy and girl from the photo that Leeteuk updated on his twitter. They knew my name was HyeRim, but knew nothing else. There is no information about me on the internet or anything. I didnt enroll in any schools so they didnt know about me. 

Remember when i said that they wouldnt recognize me and JunYoung? Well, we are now one of the most "wanted" kpop artists in Seoul now! Papparrazzi were looking for us everywhere trying to find out more about us. More and more kpop artists from other companies also tried to contact us, but S.M kept us extremly secret.

We travelled with other S.M artists to their schedules but were sneaked in through back doors and within big crowds. We were not once again shown on TV. Lee SooMan ajusshi was scared his secret would be leaked. Me and JunYoung just studied and picked up tips from watching the other artists. We also met many other artists, actors, MCs and comedians. Everyone was excited about getting "let in" on the huge Kpop secret.

It was harder and harder for us to move around freely. There were rumours that we were just some back up dancers that were close to Super Junior, but other people argued that we were too young. 

I finally knew how it felt like to be a kpop artist. 

That morning me and JunYoung were on our way to the S.M building to record our album. Today we also had to give in our final decision for our group name. Appa couldnt come and pick us up because he had a very important meeting, so we decided to take public transport instead. Appa told us to be carefull and not let anyone recognize us. It was nearing the end of the year and it was quite cold, so me and JunYoung wrapped ourselves in scarfs and hats. We even wore face masks. 

We got on the bus and sat near the back. Everyone was staring at us a little weirdly. I was worried that they would recognize us, but no one said anything and just sat there quielty.

"JunYoung-ah, maybe we should take off a few layers, like at least our face mask. Our disguise is drawing too much attension." I whispered to him.

"Hmm i agree, lets take off the mask, my whole face is heating up because of it." agreed JunYoung.

"Hahaha" we both slipped off our masks and took a breath of fresh air. Phew, that mask was suffocating. 

The whole bus ride we sat in silence looking around the streets of Seoul. I've been here almost my whole life, but ive never actually participated in dily life Seoul. I was too preoccupied with training. I sighed, maybe the others were right, ive been too focused on training i've blocked everything else out. I should loosen up. 

JunYoung heard me sigh and turned to me with a questionly look. I smiled and shook my head. He shrugged and turned back to looking out the window. 

Once we got near the S.M building we got off the bus and began walking. There was a large crowd hanging around the entrance when we got there. 

"What are all those people doing over there for?" asked JunYoung with surprise. 

"Hmm, lets go around the back and ask the someone inside," i said pulling JunYoung with me around the building.

The back was reserved for artists and workers only and had to have ID shown before being let inside. There were also quite a lot of people hanging around the back, the guards were trying to block their way. I felt JunYoung grab onto my hand tightly, we didnt want to get lost or separated in this crowd. I was smaller than JunYoung so i went down and crawled through the crowds legs pulling JunYoung with me. Once we got to the front, i tapped a guard on the leg to get his attension. I pulled down my scarf and showed him my face, also showing him my ID from my pocket. I also pointed to JunYoung and JunYoung did the same thing as me. Once the guard recognized us, he quickly motioned for more guards to come from inside the building and guide and and JunYoung to the back door. When the crowd saw me and JunYoung being led into the back door, they started furiously taking photos and screaming out my name, "HyeRim!!!" they also screamed out, "HyeRim's Boyfriend!!". 

I guess that boyfriend rumour didnt die down... aigoo

Once the guard let us into the building he bowed and left. 

Me and JunYoung immidietely pulled off our scarfs and hat and breathed a sigh of relief.

"That was so close! How could they recognize us?" said JunYoung.

"I have no idea! This is crazy" i sighed.

"We seriously need better disguises." JunYoung mumbled.

"hahah, lets go to SungJae ajusshi. The faster we get the album done the more time we get to find a choreographer and begin our dance" i said.

"Yep, lets go." smiled JunYoung and made his way to the elevator.

Once we got to SungJae ajusshi's office we knocked and where let in immiediately. SungJae ajusshi was at the control panel editing some music.

"Hello SungJae ajusshi" both me and JunYoung chanted and bowed.

"Ahh my darling children. We must begin to work! We cannot waste anymore time! We shall first record the english version of Straight Through My Heart. Okay?" said ajusshi.

"Sure!" we both said.

"Have you guys warmed up your voices yet?"

"We will do it right before we sing in the recording room" said JunYoung.

"Okay, very proffesional" smiled ajusshi.

JunYoung blushed.

"HyeRim you are the first one up, why dont you go into the recording room." said ajusshi.

"Yes ajusshi." i bowed and walked into the room.

The room had 2 doors to more efficiently block out more sound. I stepped into the nice carpeted recording room a little nervous. My first recording. I must do well. I walked over to the microphone and put on the headphones. Through the headphones i could hear ajusshi's voice.

"Testing, HyeRim can you hear me?" asked ajusshi.

"Yes, loud and clear," i showed thumbs up towards the him through the window.

"Good, you can begin to warm up now" smiled ajusshi as he started adjusting buttons and other things all over the control panel.

I closed my eyes, held my lips together loosley and blew, this created a bubbly effect with my lips. With this i went up the scale and back down again, each time going higher and higher. This was a warm up that KyuHyun oppa, SeoHyun unnie and ChangMin oppas all used. i still remmeber the first time they taught me, I spat all over them. It was hilarious. But now i dont spit. :)

"Are you ready?" ajusshi's voice came through the headphones.

"Yep" holding thumbs up to him.

"Okay, the music is starting now."

I listened to the starting and came in exactly on time. The start is very soft, but after 2 lines the beat is turned up. I closed my eyes and sang into the microphone with as much feeling as i could muster. I stopped when it was JunYoung's part and stayed quiet. Once i got to the chorus i started singing again. I ran through the whole song singing only my parts and staying quiet on JunYoung's. 

Once I was done. Appa looked at me in amazement and waved for me to come out. I was a little worried, his expression looked shocked. I walked slowly out of the room and scuttled over to ajusshi and JunYoung. 

"HyeRim-ah..." said ajusshi lost of words.

"Did I do something wrong? I can record again if you want" i said a little worried.

"No no no, dont record again!"

That shocked me a little.

"Your recording was perfect! Why would i make you record it again?! It was absoulutely amazing" smiled ajusshi. 

I stared at him in shock, then looked over at JunYoung. He noddeed in agreement. 

"JunYoung my boy, time for you to wow me!" laughed ajusshi and waved JunYoung into the recording room. Before he closed the door behind him he looked at me, i gave him a "hwaiting" pose. He laughed and smiled at me. 

I sat back on the couch and watched ajusshi adjust controls on the panel again. I saw JunYoung warming up. He used the same technique as me. 

Ajusshi played the song with me singing and all JunYoung had to do was add in his parts. Ajusshi played it outloud so the i could hear it aswell. When i listened to it i was a little stunned myself, it actually sounded really good. I smiled at myself. I looked up and saw JunYoung mouth, "Really Good!" ad giving thumbs up at my singing. I laughed.

It was finally time for him to sing his part. 

His voice blew me away! He sounded so angelic, his voice was somehow strong, with a soft edge to it. It reminded me of the other times i heard him sing in Australia. Those were good times. We have some so far now.

JunYoung ended the song beautifully with an adlib added to the last chorus. But it all came down to what ajusshi thought. I stared at ajusshi trying to read his face, but it was blank. Ajusshi waved JunYoung out. JunYoung walked out looking nervous. 

"JunYoung-ah.." said ajusshi.

"Yes?" asked JunYoung nervously.

"I finally know why they call you the "mircale". That was the best recording i have ever heard in my whole career. And that adlib you added onto the chorus near the end was just AMAZING, it fit perfectly. I am proud of you 2" smiled ajusshi.

Both me and JunYoung let out a sigh of relief when he said that. 

"Now i want both of you to go inside and record the chorus together and also add some adlibs, the song is a little plain right now." said ajusshi.

"Yes!" both me and JunYoung excitedly said.

 

The recording carried like through out the rest of the day. We recorded half the songs by lunch, and finished the rest after lunch. The last 2 songs were solos, one for me and one for JunYoung. I recorded mine first. It was called "Im Only Me When I'm With You". 

 


Friday night beneath the stars,
in a field behind your yard,
you and I are paintin' pictures in the sky.
And sometimes we don't say a thing;
just listen to the crickets sing.
Everything I need is right here by my side.
And I know everything about you
I don't wanna live without you.

[Chorus:]
I'm only up when you're not down.
Don't wanna fly if you're still on the ground.
It's like no matter what I do.
Well you drive me crazy half the time;
the other half I'm only trying to let you know that what I feel is true.
And I'm only me when I'm with you.

Just a small town boy and girl
livin' in a crazy world.
Tryin' to figure out what is and isn't true.
And I don't try to hide my tears.
The secrets or my deepest fears.
Through it all nobody gets me like you do.
And you know everything about me.
You say that you can't live without me.

[Chorus]

When I'm with anybody else it's so hard to be myself.
Only you can tell.

[Chorus:]
That I'm only up when you're not down.
Don't wanna fly if you're still on the ground.
It's like no matter what I do.
Well you drive me crazy half the time;
the other half I'm only trying to let you know that what I feel is true.
And I'm only me
Who I wanna be
Well, I'm only me when I'm with you
With you
Uh huh
Yeah
 
This was a song that i picked out from the old song tub. It caught my eye immiedietely. I loved the beat and the lyrics were beautiful. 
 
I came out of the recording room smiling with glee. My voice was a little raspy after all the recording but i was happy. I still didn't know what song JunYoung would be recording. When i asked him he didnt tell me. 
 
I sat down on the couch as ajusshi waved JunYoung into the recording room. I leaned back and closed my eyes. 
 
When the music started playing for JunYoung's song the beat felt so familiar. My eyes snapped open and zoomed in on JunYoung in the recording room. He had his eyes closed listening to the musci through his head phones. Once he started singing i recognized the song immiediately. I felt tears slide down my cheeks. I ran to my bag and pulled out the exact same song JunYoung was singing. It was the song for me... He added it to the album. I was touched.
 
I sat back on the couch and closed my eyes to listen to the song more closely. It was my first time listening to him sing this song for me. 
 
Once the song ended i opened up my eyes and looked at JunYoung. Something felt different. My heart was pumping fast. The more i looked at JunYoung the more i couldnt imagine my life without him. I felt tears slide down my cheeks. JunYoung saw my face and took a tentative step towards me. 
 
"I need to go to the bathroom" i mumbled.
 
I ran out of the room to the closest bathroom and locked myself in a cubicle. I sat there crying. What was wrong with me? I curled up into a ball and hugged my legs close to my chest. I finally noticed the music sheet clutched tightly in my hand. I unfolded it and read the lyrics once again. What was wrong me? 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEY GUYS!!!! I noe da chaps might be getting boring, but i promise it will get better! 
 
Please comment any songs you would like me to add to their album! 
 
Whats wrong with our precious HyeRim? :O
 
Until next time XD
 
xoxo