Can't Live Without You

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Already Taken

*JunYoung's POV*

I slept peacefully that night. I woke up to a soft steady sound of a persons breathing. I opened my eyes and saw the top of HyeRim's head. She was sleeping next to me curled into a small ball. Our hands were entwined on my chest, her small hand enlcosed within mine. I squeezed it lightly. I moved down to come face to face with her, i studied her face carefully and noticed a small worry crease between her eyebrows. I slowly smoothed it out with my finger. She mumbled slightly in her sleep, "....umma...don't go...". Umma? her mother? I guess this little girl in front of me was hiding more than i thought. i sighed. I looked at the clock next to her bed and saw that it was already 7:30. I pulled myself up, but making sure i didnt stir HyeRim. I made sure that she was fully covered with the blanket before i walked out the door.

Hmm, should i make breakfast? I looked down at my clothes.. maybe a shower should be first. 

I was just about to walk into my bathroom before i heard my mobile begin to ring in my room. Not to wake up HyeRim i quickly ran to pick it up. I didnt even look at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"JunYoung-ah!"

"Umm who is this?"

"Its me, Lee SooMan ajusshi."

"Ah! er... Hello! What can i do for you?" i asked nervously.

"Don't get nervous my child, i am just informing you that we have sorted out a choreographer for your new group. Kim SunJae has already told me your decision on the name and i must say, you 2 are very inspirational!"

"Thank you, ajusshi"

"No problem, also, about your contract, i have looked over the rules with your parents, but not you yet. I dont have any time, so i have emailed the contract to you. Just read over it, and if you have any questions dont hesitate to contact me" ajusshi smiled.

"err... yes ajusshi. I shall read over the contract as soon as possible! We shall make our way to S.M after lunch to meet the choreographer. Thank YOu for all your hard work!"

"No no no! Its you guys hard work! I heard your recordings and i am astounded at the quality! Anyway, that is all. I have a meeting now. Goodbye"

"Bye"

 

Once i ended the call i walked over to my desk and opened my computer and mail. I saw Lee SooMan ajusshi's email. But it was almost 8. Maybe i should go shower first. I opened the email and while waiting for the PDF to load i went to shower. 

Once i finished, changed and come back it was past 8 and the PDF had loaded. I read through the official statement of the contract the the guidelines. I then went to the next page and was reading through the list of the rules. I skimmed through the rules, they were all very simple, like, no smoking, no doing drugs, no revealing your personnal contract to anyone etc. But the last rule stopped me... I froze...

Rule 8. NO dating or special relationships between working artists, consequences include contract elimination for both artists involved.

Why would i stop on this question? Why would i react this way to this question? Its not like im dating anyone... or planning to date anyone.... RIGHT? I cannot risk ANYONE *cough cough* to lose their contract after all their hard work... 

*HyeRim's POV* 

Time has flown by since that night. JunYoung and I have never talked about it again and no one but us knows about it. We spent all of our time and energy into our debut. Every morning we would get picked up by manage appa and taken to S.M Building. There we would choreograph our dance and perfect the moves. After about 5 hours of non stop dance we would go and finalize album songs, themes, concepts etc with some people of S.M. After that we would be scheduled to follow one of our fellow S.M artist to their schedules. Me and JunYoung learned loads following them around and learning the ropes for all the TV stations. Everyone was quite familiar with us already.

We have firgured out most of our album and are just waiting for the finalizations. Our concpet is cute, edgy, innocent, and pure. We have also taken our album photos with much success. The photos had a wide range from single shots to duo shots with us together. There are many shots with me and JunYoung wearing simple plain clothing with a toy gun in each of our hands. Theres also one of me holding a heart cushion hugging it close sitting on the ground while JunYoung towers over me. Each photo tells its own story. 

Our scheduled MV release is in 2 days and our debut in another week. Both me and JunYoung are scheduled to have our performance debut on Music Core, that way TaeYeon, Tiffany and SeoHyun unnies can look after us. 

That day me and JunYoung had ended our dance practise and were outside in a cafe having lunch when we got a call from Manager Appa. 

*the phone is on loudspeaker*

"Hello?"

"JunYoung, HyeRim!" yelled appa

"Yes?" we said

"There has been a change of plans for your debut!" he said

"What changes?" i asked.

"Well, instead of debuting from Music Core you guys have been scheduled another Tv program before that date! It is a last minute thing, but Lee SooMan would like you to participate"

"What tv program?" asked JunYoung leaning closer into the phone.

"Strong Heart"

"WHAT!" we both yelled. People in the cafe turned to look at us and we quickly bowed our heads.

"Appa, how can we debut on Strong Heart? Some artists have been dying to go on that show and are sunabenims too us! We cant go on there!"

"No, no, no, wait. Its not what you guys think! This Strong Heart episode is a SMTOWN special. Sort of like the YG special? Only SM artists are allowed on. We would like you to debut on there and let the world know your 'true' self before seeing your performance. Your MV release will still be the same date." explained appa.

"Ahh, so its like another experiment?" asked JunYoung tiredly.

"Yeah, sort of. I'm sorry guys, I know this is really big for you guys and we dont want to play around with it, but its not my decision! I truley am sorry" i could hear the true sincirety in his voice. I sighed.

"Appa, dont worry. This might actually be good for us! We have to think positvely!" I pumped my fist into the air. Then i realised people were staring at me i slowly lowered my fist. 

JunYoung chuckled softly into his scarf. I hit him on the arm in embarrrassment. "Shut up" i mumbled.

"So appa, when is our Strong Heart recording?" asked JunYoung.

"Tommorrow!" said appa.

"What! So soon! Dont we have to prepare?" i asked.

"Not really, just be yourselves" i could tell appa was smiling. "By the way, don't tell ANYONE about your recording, because we want to make it a surprise, no one can know about this, not even your fellow SM artists. We have organized a surprise on the show. Everyone else thinks your debuting on Music Core, lets keep it that way" 

"Okay appa" both me and JunYoung agreed.

I hung up the phone and took another sip on my hot chocolate. It was such a cold day hot chocolate seemed like the only way to stay warm. The warm cosy inside of the cafe was so nice.

Suddenly a young girl around the age of 5 walked up to me and Junyoung holding a small cap and marker pen. 

"umm... excuse me, are you HyeRim? and your boyfriend?" asked the little girl quietly with her head bowed.

"Umm yes i am HyeRim, but he isnt my boyfriend. His name is JunYoung." i smiled at her my face going slightly pink.

"Oh, really?" she said stunned and looked up suddenly at us, "JunYoung? is that your name? If your not boyrfriend and girlfriend are you married?"

That threw me for a moment.... 

"NO! we are not married" my face went even pinker. I looked over at JunYoung and saw blushing red looking down at the table.

"oh... " the little girl looked a bit embarrassed aswell, "could you sign this for me?" she suddenly said sticking out her hat to me with the pen. I looked at her stunned...

"umm okay" i took the hat and signed it on the top, "Would you like JunYoung to sign it for you to?"

"Yes please!" she jumped up and down excitedly. i laughed, she was so cute!

JunYoung looked a little stunned but signed the hat and smiled. When he gave it back to the little girl she suddenly jumped on JunYoung and hugged him around the neck. JunYoung was thrown back into his seat. 

"JunYoung oppa you are so handsome!" she squealed. JunYoung blushed a deep crimison and hugged her back, "... umm.. thank you" 

She hopped off JunYoung and hugged me aswell, "unnie, you are also one of the most beautiful people i have ever seen!" she said. I was shocked, all i could manage was a thank you. I looked over at JunYoung and saw him smile. 

The little girl squealed and let go of me. She grabbed her hat and ran back to her parents. I was still a little shocked but it felt good. 

"That little girl was right you know" said JunYoung suddenly.

"Huh?" i looked at him confused.

"You really are the most beautiful person i have ever seen" said JunYoung quietly.

I blushed deeply and dropped my eyes to my hot chocolate. "thank you" i mumbled.

We spent another 15 mins there before we decided to head back to S.M building. 

It was a 20min walk back to the company building but JunYoung needed to go to the toilet first so i waited outside for him. 

Suddenly these 2 highschool boys still in their uniform walked pass and saw me. I was about to turn away when one of them called out, "Hey! Pretty little girl over there, Look over here!"

I quickly turned to face the other direction pretending not to hear them. I could hear both of them calling out but i tried to ignore them. I couldn't hear them anymore and was about to turn around when i felt someone grab my arm. I spun around and saw that it was the high school guy and his mate. I could smell some alcohol. Geez, how can they drink so much in broad daylight! I tried to shake the guys hand off but he was too strong. The other guy grabbed my chin roughly and turned my head from side to side.

"Yes very pretty and pure this one" he grinned 

I twisted my chin out of his grubby grasp and yelled, "LET GO OF ME!!!" 

No one was around to hear me and the guys just laughed. They cornered my agaisnt the wall and blocked my path. They kept on touching and examining me. I was racking my brain for some sort of idea to get away. I could never beat them in a physical combat. I was still thinking when the ground sudeenly disappeared beneath me. I realised that one of the guys had slung my across his shoulder. 

"AHHHHH!!!!!!" I started screaming and kicking my hands and legs around trying to get free. It was no use. 

I suddenly heard a "BAM" of flesh hitting bone, but couldn't see anything. All i could see was the guys backside. Not a pretty sight. 

I heard people shouting and the person carrying me starting to run, but because of the alcohol he was slow. I heard another "Bam" and the man dropped me. I fell heavily onto the pavement. I quickly looked up and saw JunYoung fighting the other guy. The guy's mate was lying 10m away on the pavement groaning. I stared in shock as JunYoung performed a series of moves kicking the guy to the ground. Within 2 mins he had both high school boys on the ground groaning in pain. I sat there shocked staring. JunYoung suddenly rushed over too me and helped me to my feet. 

"Are you okay?" he asked worried.

I nodded my head, "...how.. did you do that?" i asked.

He chuckled, "Lets just say my parents didn't like the idea of a boy not knowing any self defense"

He suddenly grabbed my elbow, "Does it hurt?"

"Huh?" i looked down at my elbow and saw that it was bleeding heavily. Damn why do i always bleed.

"Umm, im fine. Its okay." I wriggled out of his grasp.

"No" he said sternly grabbing my arm again. He grabbed his scarf and started wounding it around my arm.

"No! It will get dirty an stained" i protested but he ignored me. "Aish"

After he wounded my wound up he grabbed my hand and started running towards the company building. I was running behind him and felt a sense of thankfulnes. If it wasnt for him who knows what would have happened to me. A sharp pang went through my heart. I can't live without him...