What You Mean To Me

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Already Taken

The nurse bustled in for the 5th time that day to check on me. That morning the other members of super junior came and dragged Kyuhyun oppa off to a schedule. He had already missed out on quite a few schedules, and the manager said that if he missed out on any more he would get a deduction in payment. That morning tvxq and SHINee oppas also came to visit me. They contacted the others to tell them I was okay. Snsd unnies and f(x) unnies promised to visit the next day as they were both in Japan at the moment. 

SHINee and TVXQ oppa bought be a bouqet of flowers and also a "Get Better" card. We sat and chat for about an hour before both of their managers pulled them away off to schedules. All of them hugged me tight and wished me a speed recovery. JongHyun, Onew, Key and TaeMin oppa all kissed me aswell. MinHo oppa is a bit more reserved and just hugged me tightly. YunHo oppa pulled me into a tight hug and whispered in my ear, " You get better now my little angel. Don't go off falling down hills again". I winced and laughed lightly. Everyone walked out and ChangMin oppa stayed behind. He sat next to me on the bed, held my hands and looked me in the eye. "I don't believe the falling down hill stuff, you know that don't you."

I looked down at our hands. I nodded lightly as guilt washed through me. When i woke up i promised myself that i wouldn't tell ANYONE what really happened. I told them that i was running and had tripped and rolled down a hill in the park. A lot of my injurires didn't add up to the story, but i couldn't think of anything else. I wouldn't ruin "their" life anymore by dobbing them in. 

"Will you tell me what happened? You know no one here believes your story." ChangMin oppa lifted up my chin and looked me straight in the eye. 

I sighed. "Oppa... if i tell you.. you MUST promise me not to tell anyone, not even KyuHyun oppa!" 

ChangMin oppa paused for a second before nodding gravley. 

I told him everything starting from when i left the concert. At times i could feel his hands tighten around mine as he was trying to control his anger. I spoke in a calm voice trying to make it not as bad as it really was. But it didn't really work. 

When i was done ChangMin pulled me into a tight hug, "Its all my fault, im so sorry.... I promised to take care of you... Its all my fault."

I pulled out of the hug and looked him straight in the eye seriously," NO! oppa, its not your fault... its mine... All my own fault. Its my own problem. I will take care of it myself, you dont have to worry about me anymore." 

He smiled slightly and kissed me on my forehead, "Our little angel is growing up"

Suddenly we heard a light knock on the door. 

"Come in!" i said. 

A mop of black stylish hair popped through the door. I laughed. It was JunYoung. He saw me and ChangMin and froze for a second, "Am i distrubing something? I can come back later..."

"No its okay JunYoung, I was just leaving." smiled ChangMin.

ChangMin oppa got up and kissed me once more on my nose, he grabbed his jacket and walked out the door. On the way ruffling JunYoung's hair playfully. 

We all laughed at JunYoung's shocked reaction. 

When ChangMin oppa closed the door behind him JunYoung came closer and sat down on the seat next to my bed.

"So... if it makes you feel better.." he pulled out a teddy bear keychain from his pocket and placed it infront of me. I picked it up and laughed. It was a small bear holding a love heart with the words, "Get Better" on it. It was so cute! I pulled out my phone from the bedside draw and hooked it on. 

"Thank You! I love it!" I said to JunYoung. He smiled gleefully.

"So... How have you been? I hope you feel better than you look" He joked.

I slapped his arm playfully, "Yes, ive been fine, thank you"

"Hahaha! I think your fine, considering you just bruised me pretty hard" He winced.

I stuck my tongue out at him and smiled. 

"So, have you been to training these days?" I asked

"Yep! I've joined your class. Everyone seems to be quite nice. But...."

I stared at him quizzically. 

"There seems to be a runout going around about us... I think that may be the reason why everyone is so nice to me" 

I stared stunned for a second, so he had heard about the rumour... "I guess that is my fault... I'm sorry.... I've talked to leeteuk oppa about it and he has fixed it. And your such a nice caring guy, they won't only like you for some silly rumour. Have confidence in yourself!"

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it in confidence. He looked at me and smiled. I gasped, had his smile always looked that.... Dazzling? I was shocked. 

We talked more and more into the afternoon and night. (JunYoung went to the canteen to buy some food). Soon he had to leave.

"I have to go, I've got training tomorrow morning..." 

"Okay, I get dismissed in a few days and I'll be back in training within a week"

"Are you sure? You don't want longer time to rest and recover?" asked JunYoung worridley

"Nah, im fine! Healthy as a horse! I dont want to delay training any longer!"

He laughed and patted me on the head. "Okay horsey, get some rest"

"Okay" I lay back down on my bed and JunYoung tucked me in. With all the talking todat i was so tired. I was on the verge of sleep when i felt something being put on my table, and then the door silently closing. I turned around to find a piece of crumbled paper next to my phone. Next to it was a sticky note:

Before you left Australia i wanted to give this to you. But you didn't tell me you were leaving.

I almost lost hope on ever seeing you again. I was so surprised when i saw you dancing that I thought it was dreaming. 

That day after we had dinner with EunHyuk Hyung and LeeTeuk Hyung I went home and found this song.

You gave me the inspiration to write this song, you are the one who gave me hope.

I didn't want to drag you into my life, all the pain and suffereing that i have gone through i didn't want you to suffer. 

I wanted to stay away from you, but i couldn't help myself. You just kept pulling me closer.

I hope that you will enjoy this song as much as i did writing it

for you

Kim JunYoung / Johnny 

xoxo

Was it just me or did the whole world start spinning. I read the letter over and over again making sure it was real, and it wasn't just a dream. I looked at the crumbled paper and picked it up, as if it was some prized object. I opened it slowly and saw the title:

What You Mean To Me

Can't blame you for thinking

That you never really knew me at all

I tried to deny you
But nothing ever made me feel so wrong

I thought I was protecting you
From everything that I go through
But I know that we got lost along the way

Here I am with all my heart
I hope you understand
I know I let you down
But I'm never gonna make
That mistake again
You brought me closer
To who I really am
Come take my hand
I want the world to see
What you mean to me
What you mean to me

Just know that I'm sorry
I never wanted to make you feel so small
Our story is just beginning
But let the truth break down these walls (oh yeah yeah)

And every time I think of you
I think of how you pushed me through
And show me how much better I could be

Here I am with all my heart
I hope you understand
I know I let you down
But I'm never gonna make
That mistake again
You brought me closer
To who I really am
Come take my hand
I want the world to see
What you mean to me (yeah)

You make me feel like I'm myself
Instead of being someone else
I wanna live that every day
You say what no one else was saying
You know exactly how to get to me
You know it's what I need
It's what I need yeah

Here I am with all my heart
I hope you understand (I hope you understand)
I know I let you down
But I'm never gonna make that mistake again (that mistake again)
You brought me closer
To who I really am
So come take my hand
I want the world to see
What you mean to me
What you mean to me

 

I read it over again, playing the tune in my head. The song was so touching. I felt tears slide down my face. I crumbled the sheet to my chest and hugged it tight. I would keep this forever. I lay down and curled under my blanket, the sheet cumbling a bit more under the pressure. I reminded myself to make a copy of it. A smile was permanently plastered on my face that night....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry about the late update!!!! I wrote the chapter but then it didn't update and i had to rewrite it again! TT.TT 

I'm sorry to anyone who was tricked by the 'false' update for chap 20, it was my brother who thought it would be funny to play with my fic! Its okay, i got my revenge :P

Please comment and subscibe if you are enjoying this story! I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions! 

xoxo