Why Are You Nice?

I Wanna Fly Away With You.

Ricky waited for Haewon to return to class, but she never did. The bell rang which meant the school day was over. Ricky let out a deep sigh and got his stuff and walked out of the room. As he was walking home, he spotted Haewon. His eyes widened and he ran to catch up to her.

"Haewon-ah?" She turned around and was surprised to see Ricky. She cleared .

"Thank you." She said and looked around. "You shouldn't be seen with me." 

She turned around but Ricky held onto her wrist tightly, "I don't care what people think if I'm seen with you. Let them hate me if so but what you really need is a friend."

Haewon turned around to look into Ricky's eyes. "Why are you being so nice to me?" She asked him.

Ricky blinked and looked down, "Because no one deserves to be treated the way you're being treated."

Those words, they seemed sincere but Haewon didn't want to believe them. She's been let down too many times. People who said they'd stick by her side always ended up leaving once things got rough.

"I don't believe you. Why are you doing this?" 

Ricky looked back up at her with his eye brows raised. He scoffed, "You don't believe me?"

Haewon shook her head and turned around. "Ah!" Her hands flew to clutch her side. 

"Her ribs." Ricky thought and rushed to her side. "Does it hurt a lot?" He asked and she nodded.

He let out a sigh. He had to, he just had to do it. He placed his hand, "Here?" He applied a bit of pressure making her shriek out in pain. Taking that as a yes, he took the pain away.

Once he removed his hand, Haewon no longer felt any pain. Her eyes widened as she straightened herself up. "It doesn't hurt anymore." She said in a low voice.

Ricky turned away not saying anything. Haewon had no idea what was going on anymore. "Just believe me when I say that I actually want to be your friend. I won't let any one hurt you Gong Haewon."

He turned and walked the opposite direction. Haewon just stood there and stared at his back as he disappeared. "Who are you?" She asked herself and headed home.