This Is What I Am.

I Wanna Fly Away With You.

Haewon looked at him with wide eyes, tears threatening to fall. "What do you mean?! Please tell me!"

Ricky groaned in pain which alarmed Haewon, "We need to get you to the hospital now!" She pulled out her phone to dial for an ambulance but Ricky stopped her.

"You can't." He said.

Haewon looked at him flabbergasted, "But look at you! You're hurt!" 

Ricky laughed, "It's okay, really. I'll heal. It'll take time, but I'll heal."

Haewon began to cry, "Why did you push me out of the way knowing you were going to get hurt?"

Ricky gave her a small smile, "Because, it's my job. It's not like it's my first time doing this."

Haewon shook her head, "Please, just tell me."

Ricky sighed, "I guess I should... 10 years ago, I was one bad kid. I was the same way that all those popular guys are at school. I'm disgusted every time I think back to how I used to be. I had not a single care in the world for anything or anyone. I would disrespect my parents because they were never around. They thought they could buy my love with money and nice things. Deep down, I hated my life. But I acted the way I did to cover the pain all up.

I had a girlfriend at the time, I actually fell for her but everyone knew me as a player so they didn't think I was serious. My guy friends would always tease me so I would get mad. I wanted to prove to them that I wasn't hung up or in love with her, so I made out with another girl right where she could see me. I broke her, I really did. After school, I felt terrible. Inside, I was beating myself up for it. As I was walking home- AH!" 

He was cut off by a throbbing pain in his ribs. His eyes pooled with tears at the amount of pain he was experiencing. "Ricky!" Haewon yelled.

He let out a scream and a pair of wings shot out from his back. Haewon jumped back and landed on the ground in surprise. Her eyes were as wide as ever and she couldn't believe what she was seeing. As she examined the wings, one of them seemed to be broken. 

"What are you?" She asked.

Ricky writhed in pain, "I'm an angel."

Haewon felt her heart drop. She looked back up at him with tears in her eyes, "You're dead?" She asked.

He slowly nodded his head. "How did you die?"

He looked down at the ground, he was clearly hurt. "As I was walking home, I saw a little girl playing on the sidewalk. Her mother was sitting at the bench, waiting for the bus. The ball the little girl had, rolled away onto the middle of the street. She was small, of course she didn't know any better. She ran after it and I ran after her. There was a car coming at full speed."

Ricky shut his eyes and tears slid down his cheeks, "I pushed her out of the way. It was all blank from there. I was hit and that was it for me. I felt, at peace. I really felt no pain because I died almost instantly. I opened my eyes and I could see havoc around me. Then, I looked down only to see my lifeless body covered in blood. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe that I was dead.

I turned around and saw the mother holding the little girl in her arms. They were both crying heavily. The little girl was looking at my dead body and she would just cry ever harder. I died because I saved that little girl. I told myself that from that day on, I would protect her and that's exactly what I did. That little girl's name was Gong Haewon."