6

Vehemence (HIATUS)

 

Narrator

 

Minyoung glared at Ailee as the other girl glided on the ice gracefully.

“Someone’s a bit bitter.” One of her classmates grinned at her. Minyoung rolled her eyes at them, but still not letting go of the metal railing she was holding to.

“Come on, Youngie. I’ll help you.” Ailee skated to her, Minyoung smiled and took both of her hands.

 

“This is fun.” Minyoung grinned, her cheeks a little flushed from the skating. Ailee and her were sitting on the metal bleachers across the rink.

Most of their classmates had already left for home.

“It is, but you need more practice.” Ailee glared at her playfully. Minyoung grinned and sipped on her canned coffee.

“Yes.” She nodded mockingly and crossed her legs. Suddenly Ailee’s phone started to ring.

“Who?” Minyoung looked at her.

“It’s my mom, I think she’s in Seoul. I’ll have to go ahead.” Ailee looked at her apologetically.

“If you want we can go together~”

“It’s fine. You go have some time with auntie. I’ll just stay and practice some more.”

Ailee beamed at her and gathered her things.

“Be careful, don’t hit your head.”

 

Yunho was surprised himself as he found himself walking around Daehan University. He had graduated from the same university years ago. He liked walking around the campus at night, it was so quiet and at the same time melancholic.

It was one of the many things that reminded him of he was before. It reminded him that he was once a part of the human world. A cold breeze hit him gently, he couldn’t feel the cold but he just rubbed his palms together.

Then he noticed that the ice rink’s covered gym was open. He turned to walk towards the place.

 

Minyoung landed on her for the third time. She mentally cursed herself for not attending skating lessons as a kid. She hoisted herself up, then she slipped again. Before her back could hit the ice again, someone pulled her up fluidly.

She blinked and looked around.

“Are you okay?” A male voice asked. Minyoung looked up.

“Oh! You’re that guy from the bookshop.”

Yunho nodded at her.

“I’m fine, thanks for helping me.” Minyoung straightened up.

“Are you a student here?” Yunho asked politely. Minyoung nodded.

“How about you?”

“I was, I already graduated.”

“Ah, then are you here to look around?”

Yunho blinked, no one has talked to him like that, so accommodating and warm.

“I couldn’t sleep, I decided to look around. But why are you…skating at night?”

Minyoung chuckled.

“I have to, its sports week next week.”

Yunho actually smiled.

“And I at skating.”

 

Minyoung sighed and placed the skates on the table. Yunho was standing beside her.

“But, can I ask what your name is?” She turned to him.

“Yunho. Jung Yunho.” Yunho offered his hand.

“I’m Kim Minyoung.” She nodded and shook his hand firmly. If she found his palm cold, Minyoung didn’t show it.

“Will you be going home now?” Yunho asked her as they made their way out of the gym.

“Yes. How about you?” Minyoung looked at him.

“I think. I don’t want to look like a lunatic roaming around at night.”

Minyoung grinned.

“Then, I’ll be going ahead, Yunho-ssi.”

Yunho nodded at her and watched as she jogged to her car.

“Interesting girl.” He murmured as he walked to his automobile.

 

“Unnie!” Minyoung grinned as she stepped down from her dorm. Saeyoon was leaning on her red Porsche Boxster.

“I’m here to pick you up, should we go out and party?” Saeyoon chuckled.

“I prefer to eat out, though.” Minyoung murmured as she gave her a hug.

 

“So, how have you been, Youngie?” Saeyoon asked as she started the car.

“School’s okay. If that’s what you’re asking about.”

Saeyoon smiled.

“Any boys going after you?”

Minyoung shrugged and looked at the window.

“Ani, let me rephrase. Any guy who caught your eye?”

Minyoung blinked. And looked at her.

“There is?” Saeyoon looked at her briefly.

“I met this person, a few times. He seems…really mysterious.”

“Mysterious?”

“He kind of..emits this…dark aura. But..he’s kind.”

“You like him?” Saeyoon grinned.

“Ani, he’s….what I would call a beautiful stranger.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++