4

Vehemence (HIATUS)

 

Narrator

 

Minyoung arrived the dorm, twenty minutes later. She shrugged off her backpack as she entered the building and headed for the stairs.

Then she walked to her room, which was on the fifth floor of the building.

 

Yunho slipped out of the shadows as soon as Minyoung was in the building.

He had followed her on her way to her dormitory. He just wanted to make sure she was safe and she got home undisturbed.

He shook her head as he walked on the streets. It has been a while since he worried for a human.

 

Around ten in the evening, Yunho finally arrived in front of their secluded villa.

Kettle-Hole-House-01-1-Kind-Design.jpg

He saw Jaejoong pulling over the curb.

“Oh, you went out.” Jaejoong muttered to him as he heaed for the door.

Yunho nodded.

“Where were you?” Jae asked as they walked in the house.

Junsu was in the living room with a glass of red liquid.

Jaejoong slightly flinched at the scent and headed to the kitchen.

“I was walking around the city.” Yunho replied.

“Did you meet anyone interesting?” Junsu looked at him.

Yunho shook his head, Jaejoong was back in the room with his own glass of blood.

“When was your last drink?” Yunho asked him carefully.

“Two days ago. I think….I’m better now.” Jaejoong murmured.

“He’s right hyung, the other day we visited her sister, and there were a lot of people, Jaejoong hyung was in perfect control.”

Yunho nodded and clapped the other man’s shoulder.

“That’s good. I’ll be heading up.”

 

Minyoung looked at her desk calendar.

Tomorrow was a Saturday and she had arranged to visit her favorite bookstore at Gangnam.

She stood up and took a quick shower, then her phone started to ring.

“Ailee?” She murmured.

“Tomorrow, I’ll come with you.”

“Arasso..but why?”

“I just found out I needed that book for the thesis. I think its better if I have some reference.”

“Then I’ll pick you up at nine?” Minyoung asked.

“Sure.”

 

Minyoung’s Audi pulled over in front of the bookstore she had planning to go to.

Ailee and her hopped out of the car together.

“After this let’s grab some ice cream.” Ailee grinned at her.

“Your treat?” Minyoung smiled.

Ailee rolled her eyes.

 

“I still don’t get why we have to come with you.” Jaejoong muttered as him and Yunho pushed the doors opened. Changmin grinned at them and his eyes lit as he saw the rows and rows of books.

“You’re perfectly able to protect yourself, if that’s your excuse Min.” Yunho said.

Changmin didn’t reply instead he walked towards the bookshelves.

“Was he always such a…nerd?” Jaejoong asked.

Yunho could only nod.

“I’ll look around.” Jaejoong said as he walked away and headed for the magazines area.

 

 

“Really? What did sunbae say?” Minyoung asked.

“He said it would be a waste if I reject him.” Ailee grunted.

Minyoug laughed at her friend’s reaction.

“But…you came home quite late the other day, did you arrive home safely?” Ailee asked.

“Well, I met with some trouble but…someone helped me.”

“Who? A guy?”

Minyoung nodded as she traced the books’ titles.

Ailee squealed. Minyoung winced and pulled away from her friend in embarrassment. Some customers were eyeing them quizzically.

“A knight in shining armor!”

“Too cliché.” Minyoung murmured as she bent down and picked up a book.

“It’s romantic!” Ailee defended.

 

Jaejoong looked up, he heard a very familiar voice.

“But…you came home quite late the other day, did you arrive home safely”

“Well, I met with some trouble but…someone helped me.” 

“Who? A guy?”

Then he winced as the other voice squealed.

 “A knight in shining armor!”

“Too cliché.”

“It’s romantic!”

He turned back and he dropped the book he was holding. He took a sharp breath.

It was his sister stepping down from the second floor of the store.

He stepped back, in a matter of seconds, Changmin was behind him and began to tug on his coat.

“Hyung..”

“It’s my sister..she cant see me.” Jaejoong looked at his friend and walked out of the store in vampire speed.

 

Ailee headed for the counter to pay while Minyoung decided to check out the magazine section.

She was about to bend down when he noticed the man standing beside her.

“Oh, it’s Patek Philippe ahjussi.” She muttered.

Yunho blinked and looked at her. Minyoung mentally cursed herself for saying it out loud.

“I’m sorry.” She turned away.

“It’s you. From the other day.” Yunho said.

Minyoung looked at him and gave him a nod.

“Did you get home safely?” Even Yunho was shocked that he was actually speaking to her.

“Yes, thank you for your concern.” Minyoung looked at him squarely.

Yunho nodded.

“Minyong-ah! Let’s go!” Ailee came to her, then she stopped and blinked at her friend and the stranger.

“Arasso.” Minyoung nodded and gave Yunho a polite bow before leaving.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++