So It Was You

The Phone Mishap

Ha Na's POV

All of our heads turned to see Lu Han's girlfriend rushing towards him to give the baby-faced boy a warm hug. After letting go, she sat on his lap and started kissing him passionately. Kai, Kris, and I started fake coughing to clear up this awkward situation. I mean, you just barged in here and know showing a lot of affection. Now let me guess, you're probably thinking "Don't you and Kai kiss like that?" Well the answer is yes, but we don't just barge into someone's house with people here to kiss right infront of them. It makes the others feel weird.

"Oppa, are you okay?" she asked after breaking from the kiss. He nodded, but with his eyes looking at mine. I could tell that we were both thinking that she should be asking me if I'm alright. I didn't say anything though, since I didn't want to make the atmosphere more awkward than it already is.

Ms.Shin already came back from hanging up my wet clothes, and was startled to see a girl on Lu Han's lap.

"Who's this?" she asked confused.

"I'm his girlfriend, Iseul."

"Wait. But isn't that girl your gi-" Ms.Shin started to speak with her finger pointed at me.

"Ha Na isn't my girlfriend," interrupted Lu Han.

Kai faked coughed and said, "I'm actually her boyfriend."

Ms.Shin had the look of deep thought on her face until she said, "Ohhhhh. It kind of makes since now."

We all laughed at her comment.  She chuckled at herself too before getting back to cooking.

"Oppa, we should get back to the party. The hosts aren't even there," Iseul said with aegyo.

"She's right," said Kris. "A party isn't a party without the hosts."

Everyone at the table stood up except for Kai and me.

"I'll take care of her and help Ms.Shin with the cooking," said Kai with his arm around my shoulder.

"Okay. If you want, we can bring a wheelchair here if you want to explore the resort for a bit," suggested Kris.

"Aniya. I think I'll just stay here and get some rest," I said.

Kris looked hesistant, but walked out the door to return to the party. Kai and I stood up and waited at the door to watch them fade away. Two minutes into their walking is when I noticed something fall out of Iseul's pocket. I ran over to pick it up so I could return it to her. But they've sadly walked too far ahead, and my ankle was killing me. I turned around to see Kai rush towards me and scoop me up to avoid my ankle pain from worsening. I placed the object that Iseul dropped into my pants pocket as Kai carried me back to the house.

"What was that for?" he asked when he set me on the couch.

"Oh, I thought I saw something. That's all," I replied. I didn't want to tell him what I picked up because he would worry or freak out.

"Well okay. But don't do that again," he scolded and hugged me. I let out a small smile from the feeling of his warmth.

"Kai, can you help me bring these trays of food outside to the picnic table?" said Ms.Shin from the kitchen.

Kai stood up, taking the warmth away from me. "I'll be back in a sec, okay?"

I nodded, and watched him walk to the kitchen.

"Dear, why don't you go rest in that room. It's much more comfortable than the couch,"  said Ms. Shin who pointed to the room next to the bathroom.

I stood up and limped my way over to the room since Kai was already outside carrying the food. I opened the door to the room to see it probably once belonged to Ms.Shin's daughter. I laid myself on the soft, pink bed, and looked around at the room. There were old photos and books at the desk, stuffed animals on the shelves, and a photo album on the small table near the bed. I know I should'nt be looking through people's things, but the curiosity was killing me. I grabbed the pink and purple album, and opened it to the first page.

The picutures on the first page was a young Ms.Shin with a newborn baby girl in her arms. The description on the side read, "Shin Ahyoung. Born December 10th, 1990."

I looked through the pages some more, and noticed a man holding the baby in one of the pictures. 

"Must be her dad," I said to myself outloud.

As I kept turing the pages, Ahyoung went from newborn to toddler to a small child. I smiled at the thought of having my own kids some day. I flipped to the next page to see 6-year old Ahyoung sitting with two little boys on each side of her. The boy on her right looked the same age as the young girl while the other boy looked a little younger.  The description read, "Ahyoung meeting Xi Fan and Lu Han for the first time at the Orchid Garden."

"OMO! THAT'S KRIS AND BABY-FACE!" I exclaimed. I quickly turned to the next page to see if I could fine more pictures of them. The picture on the left page read, "Ahyoung visits the Xi's house on Valentine's Day" while the right side read, "Kris gives Ahyoung a Valentine kiss." I took a closer look at the picture to see a young, shy boy kissing the pretty, little girl on the forehead.

"How cute! I didn't know Kris was such a romantic child!" I squealed. 

As I flipped through more pages, some of the descriptions read, "Ahyoung's, Kris's, and Lu Han's first Christmas together," " Ahyoung and Kris move up to 1st grade," "Ahyoung, Kris, and Lu Han visit Jeju Island during summer break of 1999," " Ahyoung visits Lu Han for his 6th grade promotion," "Ahyoung's 12th birthday after being caked by the boys," "Ahyoung's and Kris's first day of high school," "Ahyoung and Kris graduate high school," and the last picture saying, "Ahyoung leaves for China. Age 20."

I closed the book with the thought of  "This girl literally grew up with them." Too bad it didn't show what happened after she left  for China.

I placed the book back on the table when Kai came in the room.

"The other gardeners are here for the picnic, so let's go eat," he said with a bright smile. He picked me up and took me outside where a long table was filled with delecious foods and 30 hungry gardeners were waiting for us. Kai set me down next to a Ms.Shin  while taking a seat on the other side.

Everyone started placing delicious summer foods on their plates. Kai placed some Jangeogui on my plate, and handed me a bowl of Naengmyeon. Ms.Shin also placed some more food on my plate before getting some for herself. I thanked them both, and ate the delicious meal. After everyone finished, Ms.Shin went back to the house to bring back trays of bingsu.  There was a chocolate one, fruit one, and green tea one. I gladly took the green tea bingsu, and set it on the table to look at its sweet perfection.

tumblr_mb6n67GfJX1rqx7a0o1_400.png

My bingsu staring was over when a spoon made in a dent in the cold treat. 

"Say 'ahh'," said Kai.

"Ahhhh." 

He fed me the bingsu and patted my head likea child. I glared at him before he fed me another scoop.

"Do you like it?" asked Ms.Shin who just finished serving everybody, and took at seat next to me. 

"It's the best!" I exclaimed and gave a thumbs up. She let out a laugh before eating some of her own.

I turned back to Kai to fed him some ice cream. 

"Say 'ahhhhh' " I told him.

"Ahhhh," he said cutely.

"Aigooo, so cute!" I exclaimed and pinched his cheeks. He smiled and did aegyo, but ended up laughing at his failed attempt.

 

tumblr_mb7a94ITT31r04unpo1_500.gif

I smiled at how cute he was as he gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"You're so beautiful when you smile," he whispered in my ear. I blushed and gave him a kiss on the cheek before resting my head on his shoulder.

-------------------------------------------

I woke up, and stretched my arms. After the little dinner party, I decided to take a nap. Now, I wake up to the girly, pink room.  I got out of the bed, and fixed the blankets and sheets then headed to the living room.

"Aigoo, look who's awake," said Kris.

"Did you have a good sleep?" asked Kai.

I nodded my head and looked around the room. Ms.Shin was watching a drama on tv, Kris and Kai were playing a card game, and Lu Han had fallen asleep on the couch, but someone was missing.

"Where's Iseul?" I asked with a yawn.

"She's outside," said Kris without looking up from his cards.

"Oh," I said and grabbed a sweatshirt before heading out the door.

I spotted Iseul standing on the bridge by the resort's golf course, and ran up to her.

 

5695871-beautiful-fall-autumn-scenery-la

"What do you want?" she asked sternly.

"So it was you," I said and pulled out a bottle containing poison. It was the same bottle she dropped earlier.