Unexpected Problem

The Phone Mishap

Ha Na's POV

I woke up to find my head resting peacefully on Lu Han's shoulders. 

 "Lu Lu, illeona," I whispered and gently poked his right cheek.

His head lightly shook and his eyes slowly opened to meet mine.

"Oh, good morning Ha Na!" he exclaimed while flashing his angelic smile.

"Lu Han, how long have we've been asleep?" I asked him. It was about 11 am when I feel asleep, so it could've not been that long. I watched Lu Han look at his watch and say, "It's 11:15, so only 15 minutes have passed."

I nodded and stood up to stretch my arms. Lu Han did the same then starting packing up our little picnic. We walked back to Ms.Shin's house to find Kris pacing back and forth. 

"Where have you two been?" he asked.

"Just doing whatever," Lu Han replied before setting the picnic basket in the kitchen.

Kris ignored his brother and set his eyes on me. "Ha Na, we need to go now."

"Wae? Did something happen?"

"Your mother will explain when you go home. Just hurry and grabbed your stuff," he said and motioned me to get my clothes from the pool party.

------------------------------------------------------

I was now standing at the door of my apartment with worry. What did Kris mean when he said that my mother will explain? Did something terrible happen to my dad or maybe Iseul sent a death threat? I tried to forget about the last thought before opening the door.

"HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAA!" shouted Xiumin who gave me his warm bear hug.

He let go, smiled, and said, "You came home earlier than expected. Was it because you ditched your cousin and wanted to make up for it?"

"Mianhe," I mumbled with my eyes looking at my mom.

"Umma, what's wrong? My friend Kris told me that you had to tell me something."

I watched my mom hesistate as she walked up to hug me.

"Ha Na, your father thought it was best to work with him in China with the Xi Coorporations. He says there is a job opening there and wants you to learn about business."

"I-In C-China?! Why can't I work for the company in Korea? Umma, I don't want to sound mean to Appa, but I can't live in China! What about my friends and school? And what about you? I can't leave you here all by yourself."

"Ha Na, please don't worry about me," my mom said in her calming voice. "I know you don't want to leave, but I agree with your father on this one. The job pays good money, and you can learn about how companies work."

"But Umma, I don't care about money! I want to stay here with you and all my friends, and I just got back from China! Please let me stay." I was practically begging now.

My mother let out a loud sigh, "Talk to your Appa about this on Saturday. He's going to Jeju Island, so you can meet him there, okay?"

I nodded my head. My mom gave a weak smile and said, "I think I should rest a bit. " She made her way to her room and gently closed the door.

"Ha Na might move to China?" Xiumin asked in a little kid voice.

"Maybe," I said softly.

*Ring!* *Ring!*

My phone rang, but I didn't know who was calling.

"Hello?" 

"Hey Ha Na, it's Lu Han."

"Oh hey Lu Han! How did you get my number?"

"Kai gave it to me. Anyway, do you, Kai, Eun Hee, and Mi Cha have plans this Saturday?"

"No, why?"

"Our company is hosting a fashion show there and I could invite a few guests. Plus, I heard your Appa is going to be there."

"My Appa, right. Hold on I'll ask Kai and the girls about it. Call you, 'kay?"

"Okay, talk to you later!"

I hung up and placed my phone on the kitchen table.

"Was that the kid that saved you?" asked Xiumin.

I nodded. 

"Oh," he mumbled. "Anyways I'm leaving in two days, so why don't we explore Korea! Let's go eat some naeng myun and visit Lotte World!!!"

"I don't know..."

"PWEASE??" pouted Xiumin and wrapped his arms around me like a koala. "PWEASE????"

"Okay, okay. So where do you want to go first?"

"Let's go to the COEX Mall!" he shouted and dragged me out the door.

________________________________________________________________

Please Subscribe & Comment!

tumblr_mf038jk68K1ryoglu.png