Oh Sehun's love life problem

Oh Sehun and the Cooking Club

Sometimes Sehun was a little bit of a dreamer... He would usually daze off and just dream away. The problem was that his eyebrows had the habit of getting together like a -loving couple so he usually looked like he was angry or too serious. He was the master of the resting face.

He was a senior and since the semester began he had dreamed of a high school romance. He wanted a love that would make his heart beat loudly. But becoming the boyfriend of a handsome boy with whom he shared a desk, did not happen. Being asked on a date by the means of secret notes on his locker, did not happen. Losing his umbrella and being saved by a dashing young man, did not happen. Being sweeped off his feet by a cute boy in the hallway when he stumbled, did not happen. Getting notes from a handsome classmate while he was sick at home... did not happen. Kai always sat next to him, forever poking a careless Kyungsoo. On the other side Chanyeol would be sleeping and drooling over his notebook or Baekhyun would sit next to him, doodling on every free space he found. There was no free sit for a handsome boy around him. Oh, and Kyungsoo always had an extra umbrella. And receiving a love letter was impossible since the only things he received were pranks from Chanyeol, SNSD’s CDs from Baekhyun, Kyungsoo’s cute birthday or random handmade cards (which were pretty nice) or even some magazines from Kai. And getting rescued when he got sick was impossible since his friends would create a moving human patrol and drag him to the infirmary as Chanyeol made siren noises and Kyungsoo scolded him for coming to school like that.

He had lost all hopes. 

And it wasn't just his friends. It was him.

That day there were two boys in his classroom, running and jumping all over the place, playing like savages, until an elbow harshly met Sehun’s arm.

“Sorry,” said one of the boys. “You okay?” 

Sehun’s head snapped to the side, staring directly at the two boys with his perpetual annoyed look.

Their faces were struck with horror.

“I’m fine,” said Sehun with his serious (annoyed looking) face.

“W-we are really sorry!!!” said one.   

“My friend here really hurt you and-“ A hand was going towards Sehun. Sehun didn’t like being touched.

“I said I’m fine.” The words came out of Sehun's mouth, harsher than he intended.

“W-we’re really sorry,” they said bowing too much. They left as soon as possible, stumbling with one another.

“That guy is scary,” one whispered as he left.

“Yah! You always get me into trouble,” said the other as if Sehun couldn’t hear them. Sehun wanted to let his palm meet his face. Boys were so stupid.

That apparent intimidating look he had was another reason for his lack of romance.

“Guys at this school are so immature,” said Baekhyun coming out of nowhere.

“Exactly, if you are going to get scared then don’t bump into others in the first place,” added Chanyeol.

Sehun wanted to let his palm meet his face once again. “Why do you say it as if I was thinking it?”

“Don’t hide it Sehun,” said Baekhyun poking his cheek.

“That’s what you were thinking!” said Chanyeol pinching the other cheek.

Sehun shoved his hand away. “I did not!” 

“You were glaring at them,” said Baekhyun.

“I have told you a million times that this is the way I normally look!” exclaimed Sehun.

Chanyeol sighed hard. “That’s Oh Sehun’s life… a boy with a stern, serious look that makes people think he is angry", he said using his deep voice to sound like a audio book narrator.

“I don’t look angry,” protested Sehun.

“And you say that while crossing your legs, shouting, furrowing your eyebrows, snapping your tongue…” said Chanyeol.

“…glaring, pursing your lips together, flailing your nostrils…” added Baekhyun.

“… and staring in a way that seems like you are looking into peoples souls. No, that does not look angry,” finished the other.

"I don’t do that… always,” said Sehun mortified. “I won’t lend you my math homework, I swear!” 

Baekhyun shook his head. “Sehun, you’ll never get a boyfriend like that!”

“You refuse blind dates,” said Chanyeol.

“You have high expectations,” added Baekhyun.

“You think life is a drama.”

“You are not popular.”

“I’m popular,” whined Sehun. 

“Not among the right crowd if you get me,” said Chanyeol. "Fangirls passing you notes in class does not count."

“Boys are scared of you,” Baekhyun nodded and placed his hand on Sehun’s shoulder."You look like someone who is coming out of the Slytherin common room."

“We cannot all be sweetie pies like you!” exclaimed Sehun. “And I don’t have high expectations either! Love should be special and boys here are immature! And I took a Harry Potter personality quiz! I have been sorted into Hufflepuff.”

Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other and fist bumped.  

“What?” asked Sehun. 

“We just proved our point,” said Chanyeol laughing.

Baekhyun placed his hand on his ear. “What was it you said about boys? That you think they are immature?”

Sehun realized he just said what they said he thought which he said he didn’t but he did… something like that. You get it...

“Oh my! For someone who’s never had a serious boyfriend in 18 years of his life you sure are picky,” said Kai slouching on the desk next to Sehun’s. Kyungsoo calmly took his seat.

“Ah, Kyungsoo-ah! Don’t you look ultra-cute today!” exclaimed Baekhyun clasping his hands together as Chanyeol chuckled. 

Kyungsoo opened his eyes widely: “Ah… no.”

Kai glared at Baekhyun. “It’s D.O. for you,” he corrected.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun eyed each other, smirking. Sehun never knew what was going on, he likes it that way. Is safer. But seriously, sometimes he thought Chanyeol and Baekhyun had mental communication powers.

“What do you want Jongin?” asked Sehun. “My math homework too?”

Kai groaned. “Why are you being a meany today? Are you on your men’s period?”

“After knowing you since kindergarten I have lost all interest in being sympathetical to you. So what is it?”

“Cranky, cranky…” Kai sighed.”Maybe I should do you a favor and cheer you up! You’ve been so love sick lately and having a boyfriend means going out right?”

“Yeah…” said Sehun.

“I don’t have a boyfriend right now…”

“Surprisingly.”

“Yeah, whatever,” said Kai waving him off. “I thought about going out!”

Sehun stared. “Then go.”

“I mean with someone… I was thinking that maybe you would... How about it?” 

“How about what?” 

“Wanna go out with me?”

“Where? To the sweets store again?”

“Oh yes! Let’s go!” interjected Chanyeol, overexcited.

“Can I go too?” asked Baekhyun.

“Oh they got those new candies with tangy creamy sweetness,” said Kyungsoo happily.

“Or we can go to the mall and find some guys and you know…” said Chanyeol wagging his eyebrows.

“Be nasty,” finished Baekhyun.

“I won’t even ask what nasty is…” said Sehun. "I'm going to the restroom."

"Can I go?" asked Kai arching an eyebrow suggestively.

"After last time? No." said Sehun.

Once Sehun left, Kyungsoo looked at Kai. "What happened last time?"

"I might have tried to his neck... Anyway, why doesn't he like me? I'm like... a god!"

Kyungsoo giggled. "If you say so."

Kai stared at the cutsey-dutsey Kyungsoo and pocked his belly continuously while pouting. "Don't laugh at me."

"Ah," complained Kyungsoo. "Sorry... But seriously, stop that."

Kai smiled. He always smiled around Kyungsoo. I mean D.O.

"Oh by the way," he said turning to the smiling duo from hell. "Well played there. You just ruined another chance I had."

"Sorry we don't like you two as cannon," said Chanyeol.

"Yeah we do not ship Sekai," said Baekhyun.

"What? What the hell is a Sekai?" asked a completly confused Kai. 

"Fanboy stuff," they both said.

"If you don't get it..." said Baekhyun.

"Then you are not one of us," complete Chanyeol.

"Teehee," finished Baekhyun.