Oh Sehun is gay!

Oh Sehun and the Cooking Club

 

Sehun found out he was gay when he went to kindergarten. He probably knew it since he was born but in his early years he was more interested in the next Pororo episode than his love life.

He learned about his ual orientation when a girl presented her parents at school. They were both men (which flustered the teacher and the whole school). She explained to the class that they were gay. Sehun had never heard of gay people before. He knew about Japanese people, American people, Korean people but nope, not gay people. Sehun was curious so he wanted to learn more about this fantastical gay land.

He was a determined little boy too and so, with his permanent thoughtful look and furrowed eyebrows he walked to the girl and asked: “What’s a gay person?”

“It’s when a boy likes other boys,” she said.

He was four and at that time he had assumed that boys were genetically attracted to other boys since they were usually stuck together, just like girls did. Why else would they group up to tease the girls? Not that he enjoyed it. He was a tinny gentleman and didn’t bother the girls like everyone else. But with the boys... he just thought they all liked each other. He wasn’t sure yet what the girls were for... but the boy part he knew it perfectly.

It was a shock for him, at such a young age, to find out he wasn’t right. There was even an alienating term for what he thought was the norm!

Gay. That was the word.

However, this didn’t bring him down. He found it all very interesting.

He studied the whole boys-like-girls thing in their natural habitat. With a notebook in hand and a pencil, he doodle his observations.   

The first thing he noticed was marriage. They were mostly made up of a female specimen and a male specimen. He never recognized marriage as a matter where one party had to like the other. Sehun believed that marriage was just another adult thing with no meaning like flossing, ironing and eating veggies. Then, when he watched Pororo, he realized the ugly truth: Pororo liked Petty, the female penguin! What about Crong?! They lived together! It was a global conspiracy! Everyone was in it, even Pororo!

One day he was observing the boys' interactioninteractions to continue his study. The boys played with each other but they still liked to bother girls. Maybe pulling their hair was the boys’ caveman way to show love. “Bugga bugga love me female counterpart!” Or something like that.

But then he noticed a particular boy. His name was Kim Jongin. He was subject number five of his study. There was something peculiar about him. He didn’t laugh at girls as much as everyone else and he liked to wrestle on the ground with the others boys too much. He was always rolling around on the dirt, forcefully rubbing himself against them as they wrestled, getting down and dirty…

He decided to approach him and ask: “Are you gay?”

“What’s that?” he asked, putting his juice box over the table and crunching his nose.

“It's when a boy likes a boy,” explained Sehun.

He thought about it. “I don’t know.”

It was all very interesting. Sehun doodled it down on his notebook. “Do you like girls?”

“No,” he responded.

“Then what do you like?”

He looked over at Sehun. “Ummm… you seem likable… And I like Strawberry Shortcake. Does that count as a girl?”

“Probably not. But I’m a boy. And you say I seem likable, is that correct?” Sehun felt so fancy at the moment.

“Yeah. Then…  I guess I like boys.” Jongin slurp on his juice box.

“Would you consider yourself as gay?”

“I guess so,” said Jongin thoughtfully. “Are you gay?”

At that moment Sehun realized why this was so interesting. Sehun was undeniably, absolutely and eternally gay.

“Yes,” he said with purpose. “Yes I’m gay!”

“Okay,” said Jongin. “Wanna play tag?”

From then on Kim Jongin became Oh Sehun’s best friend!

 

That same day, Sehun went home screaming. It was not something shocking to his parents. Many things made Sehun scream, like how his shadow refused to stop following him.

His mom was in the kitchen when the little boy ran in declaring: "Mom! Dad! Guess what? I’m gay!”

She stared at him for what seemed like an eternity.

“Honey!” screamed Mrs. Oh. “Sehun-ah learned a new word!”

His dad ran down stairs. "Tell me the word is not along the lines of peasant again..."

 

"Not really." She carelessly kept flipping through the kitchen book.

 

It was a shocking when they realized being gay was a long term status. At first they thought this was like that time Sehun said he would become Batman. But they eventually got used to his gayness.