Oh Sehun and the Ulterior Motives

Oh Sehun and the Cooking Club

Lu Han sighed hard as he walked by the corridors of the school to get to the parking lot. Ignoring Sehun’s stupid handsome/pretty face was harder than he imagined, especially after pulling him by the hem of his shirt and staring right into the stupid face. He felt like a teen with savage hormones.

He stepped outside and… oh great it was raining…

Better yet he had no umbrella!

He seriously needed a break…

And since he is an unlucky dude he had none!

“Need a ride?”

“What?!” he asked horrified. Oh dear, there was Oh Sehun opening his red umbrella and putting it over his head like a glorious protector of the universe.

“To your car?” said Sehun.

Lu Han looked from him, to the falling sky and then to his car. Being the new teacher meant you had the last spot of the parking lot. “It’s just a little water. How bad can it be?” said Lu Han and ran out on the rain. If he ever mentioned that he felt like a silly middle school girl with a crush, actually now he felt like an embarrassed middle school girl with a crush since dear Lu Han slipped on a puddle and fell flat on his face.

“Teacher! Are you okay?” asked Sehun running to a wet Lu Han.

No, Lu Han wanted to say. He was wet and thrown on the floor and he felt stupid. But instead he said: “I’m fine.”

“Oh my God, you are bleeding!” said Sehun pulling a napkin out of his pocket. “Here take this.”

Lu Han touched his nose and felt the hot and heavy blood run out. “No… that’s okay.”

Sehun pursed his lips and threw his napkin at Lu Han’s face. He caught it with an awestruck look.

Oops, let’s just say that I accidently dropped the napkin on your face since I was awestruck by the lack of consideration from your part,” said Sehun.

Lu Han chuckled and used the napkin. “That was impressively well remembered… Thanks.” He sighed heavily.

“Thanks for remembering or thanks for the napkin?” asked Sehun with a tinny smirk.

“Ah… I don’t know. Both?”

“Okay.”

“This is kind of embarrassing.”

Sehun crouched next to him making sure he was covering him even when he was already soaked all over. “What’s embarrassing?”

“Me lying on the wet ground… nose bleeding… being helped by a student…”

“I’ve seen worse,” said Sehun. “So you will just stay there?”

“Yeah… just hanging here… on the floor… making my pants wet… okay, that sounded weird,” said Lu Han and stood up. “Well see you tomorrow Sehun. As you can see there is no need to take me to my car since I am as wet as I can be.”

“Are you… avoiding me?” asked Sehun.

“Wha-wha-why-I-I-I-I-I-I-I--why would you think that?”

Sehun shrugged. “I don’t know. You tell me.”

Lu Han narrowed his eyes and straighten his shoulders. “Is that like… reverse psychology?”

“What? No,” said Sehun.

That no was as convincing as flying pink penguins being mounted by unicorns.

“You totally were doing that!” exclaimed Lu Han with an accusing finger pointing at him.

Sehun raised his hands in an apologetic gesture. “No, I swear.”

“Yes you were.”

“No, no. I don’t even know what reverse psychology is. I’m too dumb to do that and-” Sehun was shut by Lu Han’s finger over his lips.

“I know… you are a very honest and cute kid.”

“I am?”

Lu Han grinned widely with a corner of his mouth going higher than the other. He placed his hand over the boys head and ruffled his hair. “Well, I gotta go… Thanks Sehun.”

“You’re welcome…”

Lu Han jogged to his car and Sehun forlornly watched him drive away. When he was gone he couldn’t help chewing his lower lip, or closing his fists tightly or suddenly letting a squeal of excitement escape or even jumping up and down like a bunny.

After this, he wasn’t about to give up on the cooking club or on Lu Han. He was a fighter. Mwuahahahaha. The world seemed bright.

But from the bushes two figures lurked with their cellphone cameras.

“I will make an edit of this,” said Baekhyun.

“I’ll make the gifs,” said Chanyeol.

“What should we call this?” asked Baekhyun.

“Hunhan,” said Chanyeol.

“Nooooooooooooooo,” whined Baekhyun. “Then Sehun tops! Lu Han is older he tops! Let’s call it Luhun.”

“That doesn’t even sound good. Who would say I ship Luhun?”

“Like who says I ship hunhan, huh?” Baekhyun arched an eyebrow.

“YOU KNOW I CAN HEAR YOU CLEARLY!!!!!!!!!!!” screamed Sehun.

“Oops, time to retreat,” said Baekhyun.

“It has been a pleasure working with you,” said Chanyeol and they shook hands before running as if the devil himself was after them.

“So… this would take care of the problem,” said Sehun all business-like.

‘It’s an idea,” said Suho.

“And…” said Kai adjusting the ridiculous glasses he put on. It makes me look professional, he said.

“Do you think this is possible?”

“Sure,” said Sehun.

Suho closed his eyes and with a punctuating sigh he placed the application paper over his desk. “Then the plan is having two teacher councilors instead of one.”

“That’s correct,” said Kai.

Suho tilted his head to the side. “I said previously that you needed a new councilor and you created a plan to have two… The problem was that Lu Han was inexperienced so you guys were clever enough to still end up having Lu Han as the councilor.”

Kai smirked and Sehun smiled satisfied.

Suho bent forward on his desk. “Do you have ulterior motives for this?”

“No,” said Kai very convincingly since he obviously had none but Sehun wasn’t that sure.

 Suho looked at Sehun. “I’ll think about it.”

“So… um… you are considering the application?” asked Lu Han popping his head from the door.

“Yeah,” said Suho.

“Okay…” said Lu Han and left.

He popped his head back again. “Are you considering?”

“Yes Lu Han…”

“Alright,” he said. He left.

Lu Han came back again. “So you are-”

“Lu Han!” screamed Suho.

“Yes?” asked Lu Han innocently.

Heads started to pop from cubicles and offices to stare at Suho.

“What is it?!”

“What is what? What?” said Lu Han confused.

“What’s the meaning of this?!” screamed Suho. “Why did it turn out this way?! Why?! Because I’m a math teacher and you talked to them about ?! I gave them chocolates and told them to call me hyung! But no! Nobody ever asked me anything! Now it’s always you! Teacher Lu this, teacher Lu that! Everyone keeps talking about you! Because you are cute and handsome! Students like you so much!” Suho sniffed and rubbed his nose. Then he said rather gloomily and softly. “I want students of club members to approach me… no one does… am I scary?”

Lu Han wanted to smile a big, big smile but he tried hard to stop himself. He even bit his lip. So this was his ulterior motive for rejecting the cooking club. Lu Han walked to Suho stopped right next to him and extended his arms.

“What are you doing? Are you-” asked Suho but was shut up with a hug. Lu Han hugged him tightly and squeezed him like a teddy bear, swinging him around.

“Poor Suho,” he said rubbing his hair. “Students love your math skills and handsome looks you just… give really scary tests.”

“Poor Suho,” said Jongdae running in to join on the hug. Then Minseok came in cooing Suho like a baby. Then Yixing hugged them tightly in a bear hug. Finally Kris came, hesitated but hugged tightly and patted everyone.

“Okay guys…” said Suho. “That’s enough.”

They were doing baby noises and snuggling him.

“Yah! Get to work!” Everyone ran to their places and Suho huffed. “And don’t forget the weekly bonding reunions on Sundays! Yixing don’t forget the feeling stick this time!”