Oh Sehun and the first club meeting

Oh Sehun and the Cooking Club

 

Members of the Cooking Club, you have an assembly after class in the old chemistry classroom,” said a voice through the intercom.

“Cooking Club…?” said Sehun.

“Cooking Club as our cooking club?” said Kai.

Sehun glared at Kai. “Do you know any other cooking club?”

“How would I? Does it look like I like chopping here and cutting there? Pulling and pushing stuff all over the kitchen? Putting stuffing into things? Getting my hands dirty…” he stopped in mid-sentence to ponder. “Mmm… maybe I’ll like cooking…”

Sehun could just roll his eyes for eternity.

When they entered the room Lu Han greeted them with stretched arms, a whisk on one hand and a bowl on the other. Suho stood by his side with a cute blue apron.

“Welcome!” exclaimed Lu Han. “The cooking club has officially been opened!” He placed his tools over the counter, took off his yellow apron and walked to the boys to welcome then in. “We decided on the person who would be my partner as the teacher councilor! SUHO!!!!” exclaimed Lu Han moving his fingers and faking crowd noises.

“Hi,” said Suho.

“So,” said Lu Han putting his hands on his hips. “Here we are! The cooking club!”

“Yay!” said Chanyeol excitedly and clapping dumbly. “So… what do we do now?”         

“Oh right!” said Lu Han. “We will make vanilla ice cream! Yummy!”

“That sounds fun,” said Kyungsoo.

“Yes it will be fun…” said Suho with a bright smile that made his cheek bones stand out. Ah, Sehun thought he looked cute and judging by the look in Kyungsoo’s smile he thought that too. Judging Kai’s face he thought Suho looked like the loved child of Smeagle and a Gremlin but with a broken nose.

“So let us begin!” exclaimed Lu Han and Sehun thought that the teacher may have confused the job of a teacher councilor with a football announcer. “I got aprons for everyone!”

“The importance of cooking is measures. Always measure what you are cooking,” said Suho as he showed them the ingredients. “Remember you need to calculate everything, got it?” he asked. They all nodded. “Good, now we will need, precisely, two cups for measurement. Two cups. Two. Remember measurement. Measurement is your best friend. You will also need one, I repeat one cup of whipping cream and one cup MINUS two tablespoons of sugar, do not forget to take the two tablespoons out, ok? Two tablespoons… out. We will need two tablespoons of peach preserves-”

Chanyeol raised his hand. “Um excuse me could it-”

“NO! Two table spoons exactly! You want to ruin the ice cream? What was I saying…. Ah I remember! We will need two tablespoons of peach preserves and one vanilla bean that must be split and scrapped. Do you understand? Split and scraped, split, scraped…” He looked sternly at the five wide eyed pair of eyes. “Good,” he smiled. “Measurements.”

“Cooking is about love,” declared Lu Han quite inspired. “You must mix the ingredients like a family and put them together like brothers. Then you blend them like newlyweds!” Lu Han began to combine all the ingredients as he hummed a song and then placed them on a large saucepan with medium heat. “We should put a candy thermometer inside the pan,” said Lu Han doing as he said. “You must stir occasionally and… do you guys know what makes food so delicious?”

“Love?” offered Baekhyun.

“No! Passion!” said Lu Han. “You must serenade your food like you would serenade a lover!” He began to move the pan and hum to it. “Make love to it…”

Kai nodded. “I like this thing. Why didn’t I think of it? Oh wait, I did.”

Lu Han sighed. “Let’s see you guys try it. Sehun, may you come and serenade this for me?”

“Me?”

“Yes you.”

“O-okay…” Sehun went to the pan and watched it. Lu Han stood there waiting.

“So?” asked Lu Han.

“Yes?”

“Serenade it!”

Sehun started to hum very softly.

“Louder! Your lover wouldn’t hear you like that!”

Sehun hummed louder.

Lu Han patted his back. “Good job, Sehun, good job.”

“You got to bring the mixture at exactly 170 degrees after stirring well, understood?” asked Suho peering into their souls with his careful stare. “Since this is over we can remove it from the heat and we should let it cool for a while,” said Suho putting the pan and the mixture to get cold. “You must remove the hull of the vanilla bean afterwards. Then you may put the mixture into a closed container and it would be ready for eating after freezing in the refrigerator. So tomorrow we will see the results.”

As he talked Chanyeol was already removing the hull.

“NOOOOO! THAT’S STILL HOT!!!!!”

“Sorry?” said Chanyeol.

“Put it down!” Suho held his chest. “Oh my God! Oh God,” he breathed in and out.

“Are you okay Suho hyung?” asked Kyungsoo rushing to help him.

“Fine, I’m fine,” said Suho regaining composure. He cleared his throat. “So you may all begin to do your own ice cream. We will divide in groups of two, one group for each counter.”

“Since we are five I guess that one will have a teacher as partner,” pondered Kyungsoo.

“You are right Kyungsoo and-”

“I go with Kyungsoo,” said Kai possessively putting his arms aound him.

“Um, okay, then…” said Suho. “I guess-”

“Don’t worry Suho,” said Lu Han putting a hand on his shoulder. “I’ll get Sehun with me.”

“Why Sehun?” asked Suho.

“What?”

“I said: why Sehun?”

“Why Sehun?” repeated Lu Han.

“Yeah.”

“Well… what were we talking about again?”

 “Ah, well…”

“Okay,” said Lu Han clasping his hands together. “Let’s do it.”

Sehun stared googoo eyed at Lu Han as he whipped. How he moved the whip cream… Whipping it over and over in circular motions and- OOH! He liked his finger…

“I think we need more cream… Can you get some Sehun? Is on the top shelf,” said Lu Han. Sehun quickly ran to get it and returned. “Can you get me some?”

Sehun proceeded to lift the top of the whip cream can but actually couldn’t. “I can’t…”

“What? Why?” he said looking at Sehun with wide cute eyes. He was so, so cute.

“I don’t know…”

“Let me help you,” said Lu Han and their hands were now brushing as they both tried to open the whip cream. Sehun wanted to die and be brought back again in a pleasant serenading hum from Lu Han. But the weirdness of their struggle almost, ALMOST distracted Sehun from Lu Han’s cute face. Things got worse when Lu Han was half behind him pulling the stupid thing and so their position seemed rather suggestive, especially when they groaned with the effort.

“Damn thing open up!” said Lu Han and then the thing opened and they both fell backwards with whip cream flying all over. When Sehun recovered he realized that he was laying on something.

“Ah… could you…?” asked Lu Han under him.

“Oh my God! Sorry!” exclaimed Sehun and stood up as quickly as possible. He offered his hand and they were both on their feet.

“So we… ah, are always on the floor…” said Lu Han.

“Yes we are…” said Sehun and extended his hand to clean the whip cream on Lu Han’s face.

“Thanks,” he said smiling.

Someone cleared his throat. When they looked around the other members of the club were staring.

“Okay!” said Lu Han. “No more slaking. Back to work!”

 

“Should we tell them that we glued the whipe cream lid?” asked Baekhyun from their counter.

“Nah,” said Chanyeol.

“Teehee, thought so.”

Kai took with his bare hands some nuts Kyungsoo brought. "What are these for?" he asked.

“Those are for dec-” Kyungsoo looked at Kai’s hand gripping a handful of nuts. “No, Kai! Did you wash your hands?” he asked alarmed.

“I'll wash them later,” he said eating a few.

“Could you stop that!” He took the nuts with a napkin. “Now the health of the nuts is compromised because of you." He placed them in the trash bin.

"Boy, I knew you were a sanitary freak but do you, like, wash your hands ten times a day?"

"No..."

"Umhumm..."

"I'm not a sanitary freak..."

Kai showed him a nut he kept. "Would you eat this nut which I just touched with my fingers?"

"I-Yeah I might. Yeah... I’m not a sanitary freak…"

"Okay, open your mouth."

“Wait, I-”

Kai walked to him and placed the nut in his hand. Kyungsoo looked at it terrified. "Ah! No! Ew," He abruptly threw it away and ran to wash his hands and elbows.

“That wasn’t a fair game Kai! Now go play with Chanyeol and Baekhyun, while I do the rest!”

“Are you angry?”

“No,” said Kyungsoo.

“Because lately…”

“Go!”

“Okay,” said Kai and left feeling rather strange.

He went to Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s counter and plopped himself there. “This is not working. Even Kyungsoo seems angry at me…” said Kai. “This was supposed to be our time together. Sehun and I. To bond if you know what I mean,” said Kai wagging his eyebrows.

“Thankfully, I do not know what you mean,” said Baekhyun. “But if you think about it... this situation is worse than before. Now Sehun spends more quality time with Lu Han and gets more irritated with you.”

“Even Suho hyung has more time to spread his lingering fingers over Kyungsoo’s shoulders,” said Chanyeol.

“You know Kyungsoo looks rather hot when he is… WAIT! You are right!” he said and looked at how lovey dovey cute Lu Han and Sehun seemed and how Suho looked over Kyungsoo’s shoulder. Kai’s hand flew to his face. “What have I done!?!?!”

...

Next day when they checked the ice cream...

“Kyungsoo,” said Suho. “Your ice cream looks perfect.”

Kai stepped uncomfortably between them, even rubbing himself against the two boys as he pushed them away from eachother. “Yep,” he said between loud breaths. “We did a great job. Right D.O.?”

Kyungsoo smiled warmly. “We did.”

Chanyeol stuck a fork on his ice cream but the tooth bent.

“Oh look, is ready,” mocked Kai.

Baekhyun stuck his tongue out and grimmaced.

“Well ours look good,” said Sehun.

“Let’s try it,” said Luhan.

They both took a spoon and dipped in to taste the creamy looking ice cream.

“Mmm it’s…” said Lu Han but then the flavor hit. “I got to go to the bathroom.” He ran out.

Sehun stuck his tongue out and covered his mouth. “Me too."