16th Pull, you pushing and pulling you

Push and Pull

“Noona, you –.” You hugged him and put your head on his chest. His heart was beating into you ears, and you tried to match your heart to his. He had been so embarrassed by your confession that you had answered the rest of the questions. He didn’t know how to take it. Were you being serious? Was it just something you said? Held you in your embrace, but he wasn’t sure if he was supposed to.

“Everything, Jaejoong. Everything I said was true. I love you. I love you so much. I’ve loved you since we were just kids. It broke my heart to see you cry over your dad, and your mother with Yoochun. It destroyed me to watch as you loved Yooeun. For eleven years I watched and tried to support your love for someone else. I loved you enough to let you go. Yooeun told me that I needed to try. I needed to try and let you see my love. When you quit, I begged everyday for you to save me from Hosyuk. I was freaking ecstatic to see you in that studio. When I modeled with you, I was sure my heart would burst. When you suggested we fake date, I wanted to tear you apart for hurting me again. Jaejoong, I love you.”

Tears fell down your face. Jaejoong put his finger under them and wiped them aside. “Then we need to date seriously from now on.” You bit your lip and held him closer, never wanting to let him go.

Pull

You made sure Jaejoong’s twenty-fourth birthday was the best he had ever had. You spent the day spoiling him like crazy. It was something you were an expert at. There was a lot of playing around. Not in the way adults played, but like when you were kids. Youngwoong ran around as you and Jaejoong laughed the day away. You were both happy to take the Monday off. The joy you had together was cherished by you completely.

“-------ie? What do you want for your birthday?” You had been waiting for you chance to ask him. You had always planned on asking him if the two of you ever dated. It was finally time to ask.

“When I was half my age, just turning twelve, you said you would make me a cake for my birthday, but a few days before, your father died and you never made me another birthday cake again. Then you fell in love with Yooeun, and a whole bunch of other things happened. With the twice the amount of time passed, will you make me that cake?” He nodded his head, knowing why you wanted him to fulfill one last request.

Pull

“Jaejoong, I thought we told our parents that we were spending my birthday at our apartment. Why are back here?” Jaejoong was leading you to the park. You didn’t know why you let him drag you there. How he had convinced you to ride a train at night. Some unknown force had pulled you along. It was probably your unwavering trust for him that allowed you to go.

He led you past the bench, where you had first seen him and confused him for a girl. Jaejoong held your hand as he ducked into the play house. The house you thought would fit three of you on top of each other was so small that you had to duck lowly. The window you had been sure would seat five would probably barely fit you and Jaejoong. Jaejoong let you sit in the seat you had claimed when you were two. He sat next to you and pulled out a matchbox. Striking the match, he lit an invisible candle. A tall candle stood on opposite sides of a chocolate cake sprinkled with cookies. You could smell it then, the aroma of his cookies. When you had first met him, you told him ‘to learn how to cook’ and that you would mother him. He had grown into a fine cook and you had moved past mothering.

“Happy Birthday --------.” He leaned close to you and looked you in your eyes. His stare was intense. His face got closer and closer, you were sure there was something on you. Then his lips met yours and instinctively you closed your eyes. It was pure bliss. Just connecting like that. He pulled back and took a deep breath. Your cheeks had grown hot in the cool winter air. “Let’s eat the cake quickly. Your favorite ice cream is in the middle.”

Jaejoong cut each of you a slice. You took your first bite and wish instantaneously that you had eaten it twelve years earlier. While you ate cake, Jaejoong told you a story in third person. It was about a girl and her only love”

************************************

It's finished. Some of you are probably thinking, why did she put quotes at the end? Nobody was talking. Ah, my dear reader, in the very first chapter, before the first thing I wrote I put quotes. Go back and check, I swear it is there! I want you to picture Jaejoong telling you your love story. How you met, your pain, your happiness. It was suppoessed to show how well Jaejoong understood you. He had been paying attention to you and he was able to put two and two together. So this entire fanfic was of Jaejoong telling you in third person, a story about a girl and her only love.