13th, Pull, you confirming

Push and Pull

You were hiding out in Jaejoong’s room, trying to kill time. Even though you were both in the photograph, it was only you that got damaged by it. The rest of Korea didn’t even know who Jaejoong was. You’re apartment was being flooded with phone calls and someone always banging on your door. Jaejoong’s room was surprisingly peaceful. You were sitting on the floor, trying to distract yourself with nothing to do. Hair fell on your face and you tried to blow it away. Your lips parted in a strange shape. You saw a flash, as if it was lightning from the rain outside. You looked around and saw Jaejoong with his phone. He was taking random pictures of you!

“Yah! Kim Jaejoong!” You ran over to him and tried to wrestle the phone out of his hands. He protected the phone with his life. You were lying across his back and hugged him from behind. You rolled over him and you both laughed. He habitually covered his mouth again. He was going to play paparazzi with you. You ruffled his hair, trying to annoy him. He smiled at you softly.

“Jung ------- caught acting stupid. Next with reporter Jaejoong.” H laughed again. “Noona, let’s go into the kitchen, I have a present for you.” You nodded and followed him, hoping for cookies even though you couldn’t smell them. On his kitchen table you saw an aquarium. It wasn’t filled with water or fish though; it was filled with shredded paper. You stared at it, not quite sure what it was there for. Then you saw the paper move. It was starting to fly around. You took a step closer, amazed. Inside was a small rodent. “It’s a male gerbil.” You looked a Jaejoong briefly before looking directly into the aquarium.

“Why isn’t it in a cage?”

“So you can see it better.”

“Does it have a name?”

“You can decide it.”

“Does it bite?”

“Nope.” You put your hand inside and the gerbil came to your hand and sniffed it. His whiskers tickled your hand. He started to claw at your hand, trying to climb his way out. “You can hold him, it’s fine.” You scooped the gerbil up, not entirely sure how to hold hi. Once in your hands, he ran up your arm to your shoulder. He scurried from one side to the other, smelling your hair. Jaejoong chuckled. “He left you a few presents.” Jaejoong gently brushed off the deposits while you looked at him disgusted. You could hear the gerbil chatter in your ear, which he quickly nibbled.

“Ah! I thought you said he doesn’t bite!” You swatted at the gerbil, which quickly climbed onto your head. He chattered more, looking around the room. Jaejoong pulled the gerbil off of your head.

“He wasn’t biting you, he was greeting you. He was saying, ‘hello new owner.’” Jaejoong put the gerbil inside of the aquarium. You watched the gerbil run around in circles, wanting to get out again. “He’s yours now. I got him for you.” You smiled and hugged Jaejoong tightly. He made you extremely happy.

Pull

Jaejoong was beside you wearing sunglasses. It was still early in the morning and the sun hadn’t raised much, but the reporters still staked out your apartment waiting for a good scoop. To deal with the constant flashing of cameras you both wore shades. It also helped to hide your expressions, but most of the time with Jaejoong, you were smiling. “How is Youngwoong doing? Is he giving you any troubles?” The gerbil had been one of the most adorable things you had ever seen, right after Jaejoong. Jaejoong put his hands in front of his face mimicking the way Youngwoong ate.

You laughed and shook your head. “He has been the best. Thank you for giving him to me, he really lifts my mood. Though, he does have a tendency to run on his little wheel at night. The squeaking drives me crazy.” A reporter ran up to you. She was young and energetic, like how you were when you first started just a year earlier.

“Jung --------- ah, what would you say is the relationship between you and Kim Jaejoong?” You pushed her aside; she was blocking your path.

“Get out of my way; we need to get to work.” You and Jaejoong walked away briskly, leaving the reporters to watch your confident strides.

Pull

“Noona? I’ve been thinking…” You looked at him playfully worried. Youngwoong was running around your apartment in his gerbil ball. You were watching as he ran into tables and chairs. “Do you want to get rid of the reporters?” You looked at him like was stupid, like you wanted the reporters to follow you around twenty-four/ seven. “I know a way to get the reporters off you r back.” You nodded, wanting him to go on. “You could just tell them we are dating.” Had he just said to lie about your relationship? You didn’t want to ever think of that. It hurt you when he said that, like he didn’t care what your relationship together was. He saw the hurt in your eyes. “You don’t have to lie though, if you don’t want to.” You perked up.

“Then, are you willing to go out for real? Actual dating and all that? Would you be willing to give that a chance?” You wanted him to say no, that a relationship needed love. You didn’t want to submit to your request like that. You wanted him to care for you naturally, not in a forced manner.

Jaejoong thought for a moment, letting his tongue flash you. What would be the downfall of dating you? Nothing would really change between the two of you. “I’ll always stay by your side Noona. If you want, we can date for real. I’m sure those reporters will be happy to hear this.”

Pull

‘Dating between Jung -------- and Kim Jaejoong CONFIRMED! Walking out of their apartment, together, they both confirmed the rumors of their dating. Jung ------- is a political commentator and Kim Jaejoong is a photographers’ assistant. Finally, after weeks of asking, Jung -------- told the reason why she and Kim Jaejoong modeled. “Jaejoong-ah and I have been friends for many years, when he was required to find models on the second he found me and I agreed to help him. The photographer liked us so we went into make up and got shot. It’s not like I have a side job modeling, neither does Jaejoong.” Jaejoong was asked questions too, about why the models that were originally supposed to be used for the shoot never appeared, but he shyly did not comment. The relationship between the two is strong and it shows.’

But it felt like a lie.