2nd Push, mothering you

Push and Pull

“Umma, Umma! I want to go to the park!” You were sitting at the table, trying to eat the pieces of cut banana in front of you. Your mother sighed and looked out the window and sighed again.

“Sorry -------, but it is raining outside.” You pouted

“But I said I would play with Jaejoong!”

“I don’t think you want to play with Jaejoong anymore.”

“Why?”

She sighed again. “Jaejoong is a boy, and boys don’t like to play house with girls.”

You started banging your tiny hands on the table. You still didn’t believe that Jaejoong was a boy, but it didn’t really bother you. You had finally found someone in the neighborhood that would play house with you. “I don’t care if he is a boy, I like playing house with him!” Your mother sighed once again.

“I’ll call his mother to see if you can have a play date. Maybe he will play with you and Yunho in some games.” She got on the phone and called the house. Five minutes later the doorbell rang and you saw him there. Your mother invited him and his mother into the house. You and Yunho quickly ran to Jaejoong and dragged him away to your game room.

You put your hand on his shoulder. “Sorry about before, I know you’re a boy now, so call me noona, kay?” He nodded his head while Yunho shook his.

“You don’t even know if you are older than him!” You looked at your oppa, thinking he was right.

You turned back to Jaejoong. “When is your birthday?” You commanded.

Jaejoong looked up to think then held up his fingers. “January 26th, I am two.” You took a step back disappointed.

“Rats, I am just,” you counted on your fingers, but lost count. Yunho answered for you.

“Two weeks younger. I am your Hyung by a year and ------- is your dongsaeng by two weeks, ok Jaejoong?” Jae nodded.

You kept pouting to Jaejoong. “I don’t want another oppa! Don’t want, don’t want!” You started throwing a tantrum. Jaejoong looked scared.

Yunho got mad at you, “Yah, Umma said we need to respect our elders, so respect Jaejoong!” You made a pout at Yunho.

“I don’t think she meant for me to ask everyone their birthday before speaking! Fine, I don’t want to play with Jaejoong anymore!” And you turned your back to both of them.

Jaejoong was taken aback. He hesitated before poking you on the back. “I don’t mind calling you noona. It’s alright, Noona, let’s play.”

You turned back and gave Jae a glomp. “Then let’s play house!” Yunho groaned. “Relax oppa, you can use a coloring book and pretend to work!” You looked Jaejoong over. “You can’t be the mommy… so you get to be the baby again!” Yunho took his animal coloring book and crayons.

“I will be in my office.” He sat at the play table. You gave him a stern look.

“Yah, that is not the office table, it is my kitchen table!” You and Yunho were about to fight, but Jae pulled on your dress.

“My Appa sometimes works at our kitchen table. It’s okay, I don’t want Yunho to be left out.” You smiled at Jae and ruffled his hair.

“When did I get such a wonderful son?” You proceeded to feed him imaginary cakes and milk. Your real mother walked in just as you were ‘cleaning’ off Jae face from his ‘messy’ eating. She smiled and put down the tray of cookies and juice she had.

“It is nice to see you all playing, but why don’t you take a break and stay energized.” The three of you raced over and gobbled down the treats. You in particular liked the cookies, but you kept missing your mouth and crumbs were starting to migrate down your front. Jaejoong looked at you and took a napkin to your mouth.

“Noona, be careful.” You looked away and blushed. ‘I’m supposed to baby you.’

A/N- I feel so stupid for this chapter. It was because of my ignorance that I made this mistake. Apparently you only call someone Dongsaeng, Hyung, Unnie, Noona, or Oppa if there is a difference of a year. In this case their birthdays are about two weeks apart so that is clearly wrong. They're two, let them abuse this little misunderstanding. Besides, I can imagine real children going through this