10th Push, rejoicing you

Push and Pull

During their three week honey moon Jae stayed at your house. He was welcomed in as if he was part of the family. You could feel him wishing he really was. He would only become lively when Yooeun came to visit. He would wait; wait for her to come to him, even though you were right beside him. She did come, but she would quickly leave to talk with Yunho. She felt that it was something she had to do to repay him for his kindness.

Jaejoong felt that this was rejection. He felt that he wasn’t loveable. He couldn’t be loved. He understood how his mother felt, being alone. Not being strong. He understood why she chose to be with Yoochun. He accepted her with him. He had no choice. His depression was eating him away.

When he heard his mother and step-father had arrived home he was smiling. He was smiling at you and Yunho. At your mother and father. He smiled at everyone in the neighborhood as he raced home to see his real family. “Umma, Yoochun!” He hugged his mother. Hugged her like a little child, not the teenager he really was. You knew; whenever someone cared for him, he would always act like a child.

Push

“Jaejoong, honey, Yoochun and I have something to tell you.” Soonyi was standing next tot Yoochun, his hands around her shoulders. “Would you like a new baby brother or sister?” Jaejoong made a face.

“I’m not a kid Umma; you can just tell me you want another kid.” Soonyi shook her head.

“That isn’t what we’re trying to tell you. I am saying, you will have a new brother or sister! I am pregnant!”

Push

Yunho and Changmin were still part of the cooking club, but they came less often because they were going to high school the following year. They needed to study. Yooeun insisted that the two of them study in the Library while Jaejoong and she made them study snacks. Changmin’s snacks were more like an entire meal, but Jae had fun making them. Yooeun was very meticulous with the snacks she made for Yunho.

The fun continued on like this. Things just being… very normal.

Push

You leaned over the crib in the nursery. He looked nothing like Jaejoong. He was so chubby and he had a dolphin-duck . You couldn’t see the resemblance at all. But you admitted, he was still an adorable baby. You were really frightened, when on December 15th, Soonyi and Yoochun were rushing to the hospital and Jaejoong was dropped off at your house.

“What’s his name?” You asked. Jaejoong poked his cheek.

“Kim Junsu.”

Push

The school was in a serious mode. Finals were the next week. You and Jaejoong would do fine; you had helped each other study over the year to make sure the other really understood what had been taught. You called it the study buddy system. You were still worried about failing. Not that you would fail, but that Yooeun would. She was a little, pabo~ish when it came to school.

You and Jaejoong were alone in the club kitchen. Yooeun had begged Yunho to help her study. Yunho treated her as much as a little sister as he does you. He gladly helped her. Every moment you had with Jaejoong was perfect. He had agreed to make you cookies just because you were bored. You were smiling and laughing together. You had discovered that he stuck his tongue out when cooking. He had never noticed and blushed deeply.

You heard the door rattle as it quickly opened and shut, letting in a Yooeun that was also blushing. “Yooeun, what’s up?” Jaejoong called to her. She looked over to him and blushed more. That caused Jaejoong’s entire face to turn red. You wanted to laugh at their blush off, but you didn’t like their interaction. You felt jealous.

Yooeun sat down next to across the cabinet from Jaejoong. She took slow deep breaths to calm down. “I was working out a problem, but there was a part I didn’t understand, so I asked Yunho to explain it to me. But we had both looked at the same time and our lips brushed!” Jaejoong’s face crinkled. He was jealous of Yunho. He didn’t want her to ever be touched by anyone other than himself. “-------, I really like your brother, is that ok?”