chapter 32

the good wife

 

 ten long days passed without any amelioration . joohyun in her new routine would stay beside changmin's bed and talk to him ( since he had been moved to a permanent room ) his sleeping figure was so calm , the handsome face that not so long ago held so many expressions : anger ,happiness , sadness ,jealousy ,love .. (thinking about it _love_ would be her favourite ) was now barely vivid .she swept a tear that fell despite her ,she decided to be strong and tears were for the the weakest ones ..opening her bag and retrieving a book ,she sat on the closest arm chair to his bed .sighing she looked around the room ,it was a plain hospital room : too much white and no color -she thought - her gaze fell on her husband's body again ;it tore her heart to think that without all those machines hanging to his body he'll die (god she couldn't imagine it ) " how are you today oppa ? it's so sunny outside "she began with a cheerful tone "I brought a book with me , one of my favourite authors' Kyung-Sook Shin'* " she held the book high as if he could see it " it's a family story oppa ,it's called 'please look after mom '*" and then she started to read , page after another  -she read somewhere that a person in a coma had a great chance to hear you speak to him and that helps a lot to bring him back - so she read to him .and hour passed but her sense of time isn't accurate this days ,it felt like minutes being near changmin .
 " hyong-chol's letter always started with 'dearest mother' as if he were following a text book on how to write letters .he asked after the family and said he was doing well ,he also wrote that he .." she was interrupted in the middle of her lecture with a knock on the door " come in " a nurse came in " I'm sorry Mrs shim but it's the doctor's visit time " joohyun looked at her husband then at the nurse " alright " she stood and headed for the door ,she glanced one last time at changmin before getting out .
 
she went to the waiting room with her in-laws ,chanyeol and jessica weren't there .chanyeol went to the company to organize work and jessica was probably very tired ( her medication side effect ) " hyunie my dear did you eat before coming here"since her pregnancy news ,changmin's parents worried about her so much -they didn't need to worry about me ,they have enough to worry about -
" neh oemoni ,I'm alright " the old woman nodded " yeobo ,do you think chanyeol is doing well at the company ?"
" I think he'll be fine ,don't worry when changmin wakes up everything will be back to normal " the hope in his voice reassured joo hyun ,changmin's father has faith just like her " I hope so yeobo " joohyun's phone rang signaling that she got a message 
 
**msg from yunho :
 
joohyun-ah I'm going to be a little late today ,work is hell :'(  **
 
smiling she wrote her replay 
 
** msg to yunho :
 
it's okay oppa ,work hard ;) she was about to put her phone back into her bag but it rang again 
 
** msg from yunho :
 
thank you hyunie ,you keep giving me strength ! :D  ,in the last days ,yunho has been a great companion .he was there to listen to her when she needed and he would cheer her up every time she was upset about the situation or the desperation took over her ( he even bought for her goguma  , he remembered her favourite food which touched her deeply) she'll always be grateful to him . " joohyun-ah dear did you take the vitamins I gave you ?" joohyun smiled and nodded "neh ,thank you " the old woman held her by the shoulder and with her other hand caressed her cheek " no thank you ,you have in you womb a peace of my son and I'm thankful for that , the baby is our light in this dark time " she withdrew and blinked her watery eyes ,joohyun lost words all she could do is hold her hand and squeeze it gently . 
 
chanyeol entered the hospital ,he was a little tired but he wanted to see his brother during his lunch time. on his way he noticed a man talking to a nurse ,he recognized the nurse as his brother's , he got closer " is everything alright ?" the two turned to him " Mr shim you came in time ,this man was looking for a  member of your familly " said the nurse. chanyeol focused on the man "yes ,how can I help you ? "the man gave him a serious look and  held his hand " officer choi siwon ,seoul police department " chanyeol didn't expect to see the police so soon ,they shook hands " nice to meet you ,is there something wrong ?" 
"the accident report is ready and there is some things you have to know " chanyeol frowned and nodded " alright ,come with to the waiting room where the rest of my family is " ,after the introductions and all , siwon sat with the shim's to gave them his report " my team searched on your son's car ,it's a routine in any car accident but something was wrong with the brakes , they weren't working and it seems that they were broken before the accident " chanyeol frowned " my brother's car is new and I know he checks it often " siwon nodded " that gave us one suggestion left ,they  were sabotaged " joohyun gaped ,eyes wide the same look of horror mirrored in the face of the shim's " what ?! do you mean that someone caused this accident to my husband ? " 
"I'm sorry ma'am " 
" how come ? who would hate my son this much ?" asked Mr shim 
" nothing is for sure ,we started an investigation to determine what really happened ,the images on the cctv shows an ordinary car accident but this element makes it clear that it wasn't " joohyun felt the hot tears on her cheeks _don't cry joohyun-ah _ " what's next ?" demanded chanyeol " we have to take each of you statement , you have to think about what if shim changmin had enemies? did he do something wrong in the past maybe ? when you feel the need to talk here is my personal number call me ,please " siwon stood bowed and left the room ,he collided with yunho on his way out .yunho didn't know the man ,his instincts told him that something was wrong and he confirmed it when he saw joohyun crying " what happened ? is something wrong  ? " chanyeol sighed and rubbed his temple "the police report about the accident came out " yunho froze ,he thought about the police of course but he didn't know that it'll be so soon " and what did it say ?" " that someone sabotaged changmin's car " yunho recollected himself ,he mustn't show any strange reaction the people he hired were professional and assured him that no one will suspect him " "did they found any potential suspects ?"chanyeol shook his head " no ,not yet " yunho was relieved ,he turned his attention on joo hyun ,she was shaking from crying ,she just started to get better and now this came in the picture ,suddenly a nurse bursted in the room  " there is something wrong with changmin !" all the family focused on her " what's wrong ?"  Mrs shim asked with a shaky voice " I think it his heart , I already called the doctors " all the family rushed out to changmin's room in panic , joohyun in particular didn't know if she was ready to face the fact that maybe 
 
        changmin wasn't that strong ... 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
   *shin kyung-sook : was born in january 12th ,1963 .she is a south korean writer ,she is the frist korean and first woman to win the Asian literary prize in 2012 for her book 'please look after mom '.
 
  * 'please look after mom ' : it's the story of a mother who goes missing one afternoon amid the crowds of the Seoul Station subway and the family's search for their mother, told from the shifting points of view of each of the family members .( one of my favourite korean books ).
 
 
                                                                                                                
 
   hi readers !!! how are you doing ???!!! I'm super hyper tired .it so hectic in my life this days .do you know any remedy for tiredness ? I took vitamins but it didn't help :/ anyway hope you'll like this chapter <3 take care of your health and be happy :D
 
 with all my love houtafifistories <3