chapter 11

the good wife

 

what have I done ? joohyun was very upset because she made changmin sad ,bringing his past wasn't a good idea ,sighing she put her face in her hands and stamped her left foot on the ground
" gwaenchanha ? " she knew the voice ,raising her head slowly ,the face of yunho smiling at her eased a little of her sadness " yes " 
" are you sick ?" he got closer and put his hands on her shoulders " tell me please " she shook her head " ani ,I am okey ,really " he sighed and gave her a warm smile "but what are you doing here ?" dropping his hands, he was thinking about a good exuse  " I ...I.mm" 
"did you come to visit someone " 
"yes ,that's right " " family ?" 
"chingu " she smiled back at him " I am sorry for your lost " he felt a little guilty for lying " thank you ,why are you here?" 
"my parents" she pointed at the graves next to her ,he lowered his gaze " what a stupid question ,I am really sorry " 
" no don't be ,it is alright " 
"changmin isn't with you ? " her smile fadded " he was ,I think I made him upset " 
"why is that ?" she couldn't tell him ,at least not now " it is a long story ,which remaind me that I have to go find him " he didn't want her to leave ,not now " I think it will be better to leave him alone ,I mean if he is sad he would want to be alone "she thought about it then nodded "I think you are right ,I 'll talk to him later "
"do you want to have lunch with me joohyun-ah ? "she wasn't hungry ,her head was too absorbed with changmin to think about food " I am not really hungry " 
"but I am your friend ,and hate to eat alone " he had a point " alright ,I'll come with you ,but I can't be late " she was worried about changmin  ,but wanted to leave him alone .
 
changmin went to back to ahjuma's kim house ,he wanted to rest a little in joohyun's room ,why he had to be so cold : it was always like this ,everytime he wanted to open to her ,he gets afraid ,afraid that she may hate him . now he decided to tell her a little about himself maybe she won't hate ,maybe she'll understand him and help him move on .when she'll comeback he'll  talk to her .
 
 
"I have never been in a goguma restaurant ,it is ...mmm.. original !" joohyun giggled " you asked me to bring you at my favourite place ,here it is " her smile was contagious ,he started to laugh too "I'll call you goguma from now on ,my unique goguma " joohyun pouted " but I love my name " yunho bit his lip to stop his laugh " why are you sad my little cute goguma " he laughed ,he couldn't hide it " especially with you chubby cheeks ,my goguma !"she laughed too " aigoo ,that's funny !" 
" is there any other food you like ? or maybe a food you hate ? " anyone in the same room as them will think that they are a couple ,they were so comfortable around each other " apart from goguma ,I really like topokki ,I hate fried food " yunho nodded " I hate fried food too ,something in common " and winked at her " you didn't tell me what kind of work you do yunho ?" 
" well ,I own an advertising company ,I thought you knew since I'll be working with changmin ,he didn't tell you ?" of course he didn't ,he barely speak to me _thought joohyun - " ani ,I think he forgot ,how long have you known changmin ? "  she needed to change the subject and it was an occasion to know more about changmin " I were sixteen years old ,he was fourteen back then , the Shim's were business partner with my parents " 
" how was he back then ? "yunho got a little irritated ,he didn't want to talk about changmin but he wanted to be joohyun's friend " he didn't talk much ,rebellious ,he used to have such a bad behaviour that his parents had a hard time controlling him " joohyun heart ache for changmin ,seeing her face expression yunho didn't want to bring all the past's stories " but who could blame him ? he was just addopted in a new house even if the shim's familly were good to him ,it was hard as I heard his real familly has molested him and abandoned him at really young age " joohyun frowened " what did his familly do to him ?" if she knew his past ;maybe she could understand him " Mrs shim told me that before he was abandoned ,he was beaten and injured so badly he ended in the hospital in a critical condition " joohyun drank her juice in one glup hopping it will earse the pain ,she didn't know this side of changmin and it hurts ,really hurts " how old  was he ? " 
"I think he was eight or nine years old " joohyun gasped in shock " I am sorry joohyun ,I thought you knew it .let's not speak about it anymore " she just nodded ,she lost her voice " the SHim's treated him well after that ,his parents and his younger brother chanyeol welcomed him in their little family " 
"I know that they love him " her voice was weak " do you want to go joohyun-ah ?" 
"yes ,I think I am too tired to stay ,I am sorry you didn't finish your food "
"ani ,I am okay I am so happy that we got along togther easly joohyun-ah ,I hope that our friendship is a good thing for you " she smiled ,it is true that yunho is a good man ,he was so kind to her " I really love your company yunho "he grinned widely  ,when they went out of the restaurant yunho stopped in front of his car" I wanted to ask you something joohyun-ah " 
"go ahead please "
"can you call me oppa ,I mean I am older then you right ?" joohyun was hesitant at first ,she never called anyone oppa ,it will be her first " arraso ,oppa ,yunho oppa "   
"but why it sounded ...strange ?" joohyun giggled " because ,I never called someone 'oppa ' you are the first one !" yunho felt something he never felt befor ,a need to hug joohyun and kiss her ,show her his love " you are great joohyun ,I am so happy to be with you " joohyun just smiled she didn't understand what he meant "thank you " he oppened the car door for her " no ,thank you joohyun-ah " .
 
 
changmin was getting nervous ,joohyun was late that mean she is really mad at him ,there is so many things he wants to say to her : it was easy so far to lie to jessica ,to  act as a perfect boyfriend to her .but when it comes to joohyun ,he couldn't find the right words he wanted to tell her : he wanted to say how much he was sorry ,how much he loves her and want her by his side , how badly he wants to be her perfect husband ,tell her that he didn't care a about the contract 
 
and the most important his decision 
                         to leave jessica ...