chapter 24

the good wife

 

changmin couldn't believe that joohyun had dragged him into this ,going to the amusement park was her idea ,they have been playing for an hour now and he started to feel hungry very hungry .especially with the smell that was coming from the food merchants 
" oppa ! let's go to  the horror house ,please " and now she looked so cute with her bright smile and pink chubby cheeks ,how could he say no ? " arasso ,but won't it be too scary for you my hyunie ?"
" I am with you so I'll be okay !" she is definitely the cutest wife ever. 
 
inside the house was very dark , as they walked joo hyun tightened her grip around changmin's arm ,her breath was getting faster too : she was scared ." it's okay wife I'm with you " smirking changmin took the hand on his arm and loosened her fingers slowly " where are you going ?" her voice was shaking " I am here babe beside you don't worry" , as they walked further in the house
they heard a loud groaning and joo hyun jumped "changmin ..oppa ! where are you ?" silence - no answer- " o-p-p-a "she stuttered ,changmin tried his best not to laugh out loud . he got closer to her on tiptoes  ,when he was behind her he wrapped his arms around her waist and held her up ,she screamed and squirmed ,changmin laughed " aigoo ! it's so funny ".
 
"oh joohyunie I already said that I was sorry "joohyun pouted and walked without turning to look at him ,even with his long legs he couldn't caught up with her " I just wanted to be funny ,come on "she stopped and turned around with a serious expression " mihanyo " he said again and hugged her ," alright I forgive you  " he was about to let her go when she started tickling him hard ,knowing that changmin really hated that " ah ,hahaha hyunie ..no it's not fair I ..hahaha" she was giggling too " babe hahaha everyone is looking at us ..plea haha" she stopped to gaze around her ,changmin took the opportunity to tickle her back " time to revenge wife !" she struggled a little and freed herself ,without a blink she ran laughing at changmin " I win !" she stuck her tongue out at him ,running faster as he was about to catch her too "I'll catch you wify !"
 
they were out of breath when they sat on a bench a little far from the crowd " what do you want to do next ?" asked changmin while drinking from his juice bottle " mmm maybe we should eat first ,we didn't have lunch yet "speaking of food ,changmin's was going to faint from hunger " YES! I want to eat fish cakes" 
"okay ,then will go buy books !" he smiled at her and nodded ,everything to make his wife happy .
 
at the library ,joohyun looked fascinated as if she has never been in one before " there is so much books " they walked between the shelves ,from time to time she would pick a book and put it in the shoping basket that changmin was holding. 
" seo joohyun ? is it you ? " she looked around to came face to face with a familiar woman "UNNIE !  taeyeon unnie " her highschool friend kim taeyeon ,she didn't change ,still the baby faced beauty she always knew ,changmin stood confused looking from his wife to the other woman 
" how have you been seohyunie ,it's been such a long time " seohyunie ?! changmin was more confused " neh ,I thought you went to europe after graduation unnie " 
" I was supposed to,but my mother got sick and I had to take care of her " 
"is she alright ? "taeyeon waved a hand infront of her " thank god ,she is so much more better "
changmin cleared his throat to get attention " oh ,unnie this my husband shim changmin ,oppa this my old friend kim taeyeon" they shook hands " nice to meet you changmin-sshi ,I never thought that seohyun will be married so young "
joohyun bent her head sadly " things have changed "changmin noticed  her sad tone " yes ,things have changed " changmin thought for a moment that joohyun regretted getting married with him _no she wouldn't ,would she ?_
  taeyeon  turned her head left and right ,she was looking for someone " are you looking for something unnie ?" 
"someone actually "she smiled when she found what she was looking for " kris come here "kris came holding two bags " where were you ? "
"I paid for the books sweetheart " changmin didn't know what kris was doing here and what was he doing with joohyun's friend ,but it was a weird coincidence " kris this is my friend seo joohyun and her husband shim changmin ,this jung kris my friend " kris looked from joohyun to changmin " we met again , how are you doing joohyun-sshi ? " 
"fine ,thank you "taeyeon frowned " you know each other ? "
"yes ,long story " answered kris ,he gave changmin a cold look " how are you hyung ? " changmin knew why kris was acting like this ,probably because of his fight with yunho " good ,you ?" 
" fine " he gazed at taeyeon and said " taeyeonie it's time to go or we'll be late for our exposition "
"yes you're right ,it was nice to see you again seohyun hope we'll meet again" the couple went their way leaving changmin and joohyun doing their shopping .
" why was she calling you seohyun ? " joohyun picked a book and opened the front page " when I was in highschool my friends used to call me seohyun ,it's an abbreviation for my first name and last name " changmin made an 'o' with his mouth and nodded " I think it fits you well ,seohyun " she smiled still concentrated with the book  " what did you mean earlier when you said things have changed ?"joohyun closed the book and put it back on the shelf " my parents death " her voice low and sad again ,changmin wanted to smack himself for asking such a question "I am sorry I thought you regreted getting married with me" joohyun shook her head "no ,of course no I love you " changmin smiled ,he was happy to know that he wasn't the only that thought this marriage was great " I love you too hyunie ".they went to pay for the books at the front of the shop ,changmin was having trouble holding the basket full of the books "do you really need all this books ,they are kind of heavy you know " joohyun put another book that she just picked from a pile next to her in the basket "yah ! are you doing it on purpose " joohyun smiled innocently "anyo ,I think it's a good cooking book " changmin raised an eyebrow " really ? are you going to cook for me delicious food ?" 
"yes,you glutton !" 
"glutton ?!" changmin laughed hard ,his head falling back ,joohyun joind him giggling -she thought she offended him ,but it seems he was okay with being a glutton - 
 
outside the shop ,a man in a black tinted van was taking pictures of the happy couple , he shifted the camera and zoomed on the man .he smirked and snapped more pictures of him ,when they walked outside of the shop holding hands he took more pictures but was interrupted by his phone 
" how is it going ?" asked the interlocutor
"fine ,the target didn't notice anything ,my team is putting cameras in his house right now "
"good very good ,continue like that " he hung up , lit his cigarette and took a folder  with the name of  'shim changmin'...