chapter 2

the good wife

 

never in her life joohyun thought she'll live like this ,she was once a bright girl with big dreams and hopes , beautiful ,young and fresh but when she lost her parents a year ago ,she knew she can't stand for herslef  alone she was too weak so when they told her she'll get married with shim changmin she accepted the deal like it was a fact that can't be changed ,it's true that she didn't love him .but at least liked him a little ,despite his harsh beahviour towards her ,she knew deep inside her; he was a caring man and the proof of that is the sacrifices that he made for his parents and familly.
 
"joohyun , are you listening to me ?" she turned her gaze from the car window to him " not really " she said simply ,he sighed the the ninth time that night "I was asking you about my father " 
"what about him ? "
"when mother called you ,she didn't give any details ? " 
" no ,she just said that he is in a critical condition" he frowned ,and she knew he was very worry,
she gave him a reassuring smile " don't worry changmin-ah,he'll be fine I know he is strong " he nodded in response.
 
they reached the hospital ,in time to find Mrs shim speaking with the doctor . "tell me doctor ,is he okey ?" 
"he is fine for now ,the danger passed but still he needs some rest "
"can we see him ?" " not until he wakes up "the doctor left and Mrs shim turned to changmin and seohyun " you are here ,let's sit in the rest room " changmin nodded and followed her with joohyun behind him ." is appa alright now ?" changmin couldn't hide his concern for his father ,he was worry to death but it didn't appear on him he was still the calm and  self controlled shim changmin " the doctor said he'll be fine ,where were you I called you for an hour or so and your phone was turned off ?" joohyun was a little anxious ,it is always like this whatever one of changmin's familly member asked them suspicious questions she feels anxious and guilty ,how could she lie to persons who took care of her in the hardest moments of her life ? it was hard indeed ." I was still in the office omma " answered changmin calmly ,he sure knows how to lie ,not like his innocent wife  " in the middle of the night ?" his mother rised her eyebrow  suspiciously ,joohyun paniked and was about to help her husband by saying something coherent but changmin cut her " I was reviewing the budget of a new movie with my staff" oof! changmin can handle any hard situation -thought joohyun- she admired him for that .
"arraso , you work hard son you don't even have time for you wife ,it's been a year since you two got married we need a grandson you father and me "
changmin smirked ,he does want a child but not from the woman who is sitting next to him " we're still young mother ,besides you still have chanyeol ,speaking  of .did you call him ? " he always wished to be a carefree like his younger brother chanyeol but it's hard since he is the oldest .He got more attention from his parents "I didn't call him ,he'll get worry and try to comeback "
" don't disturb him ,since father is alright " 
 
after a while Mrs shim got bored and the tv that was hanging in the wall , like a weird coincidence a cf featuring jessica was being broadcast ,joohyun eyes winded and looked at changmin who was reading a magazin ,legs crossed in the seat next to her . he glanced at the tv but didn't make any expression he just focused on reading " aigoo, girls these days doesn't have any sense of respect " in the cf ,jessica was holding a suju bottle wearing a black mini dress ,dancing to loud music, of course changmin's mother made this remark because she hated jessica ,she always did .changmin put the magazin on the coffee table and stood up " I am going to have some coffee  " clearly irritated by his mother .she just shrugged  ,she did it on  purpose actually " joohyun-ah ,are you alright you are very quite tonight did something happened between you and changmin ?"  she asked ,seeing that joohyun wasn't feeling good.
"ani eomoni ,I'm okey ,just worried " she smiled reassuring her.
in the corridors ,changmin was calling his lover sooyeon .
" hi princess " he could feel her smiling at the end of the line "hi,how is your father ?" 
"thank god ,he is okey ,I was affraid that something might happened to him " 
"I am happy he is alright ,I was very worry too ,I couldn't even sleep  " he sighed " I wish you are here with me sooyeon-ah ,I already miss you " 
"I miss you too baby " 
" you know I just saw the suju cf ,I shouldn't let you sign that advertisement contract "
"are you jealous shim changmin ? you can't do anything " she laughed " yes I can ,I am your boss did you forget " 
"I know ,the best boss ever ,I love you so much you know that " he smiled ,he turned around and saw joohyun standing infront of him " I have to go sooyeon-ah ,I love you too ,have a sweet dreams " and hung up his phone ,joohyun winced a little at the word 'I love you' she wished to be like jessica ,having a man who is as faithful as changmin " were you listning to my conversation joohyun-ah ?" she bent her haid down " ani ,I was just looking for you ,I mean you mother is looking for you " 
"okey let's go back ".