chapter 23

the good wife

 

call
 
don't call
 
call
 
don't call
 
   her mind was torn between guilt and fear , fear that she'll anger changmin further more ,she loves him so much that it hurts her to see him in pain and guilt because yunho didn't desrve to be beaten by changmin ...after deep reflection she decided not to call him ,
she chose changmin ..her only familly because familly never let you down and of course because she loves him more then anything .but that didn't mean she'll let this incident pass she 'll talk to changmin about it .
 
changmin opened the door of his house praying that joohyun has calmed down ,he didn't want to see her upset .he put his car keys in the bowl on the kitchen bar and drank a glass of water .
 
"oppa " joohyun soft voice told him that she wasn't upset anymore ,he smiled at her and went closer to her " joohyunie" he took a strand of her hair in his hand and inhaled her scent deeply
 ,she closed her eyes " o-p-pa promise me ..."her voice shook as he grabbed her by the waist and pinned her to his hard body " it depends " he caressed the length of her bare arm " please ,don't ever harm anybody you have to change ,promise me " he contemplated it for moments " with one condition " he brushed his lips to hers " w-h-a-t is it ? " he kissed her softly " don't " another kiss " ever " kiss" talk to yunho "she nodded out of breath " I promise you " he stepped back sighing " then I promise you too " she smiled " I can't believe I forgave you so easily " he shrugged "well I am too handsome to be ignored " she laughed and tapped him on the shoulder " so arrogant" he took the arm that was on his shoulder gently and the smile on his face fell " are you sore ? " his voice was deep ,almost hungry joohyun stared at him not knowing what to say ,she was okay now .it hurts a little but not that much " I want you .now " he said again more urgent.
all she could do was nod and then there was only their two bodies loving each other moving in sync ,in and out between moans and sighs until came thier first release that was followed by many others .Two hours later, they lay sweaty and exhausted amid the tangled sheets on the bed. The late noon sun forced its way through the closed slats of the blinds, throwing thin golden almost orange lines the floor. A gentle breeze on her bare flesh, raised tiny goose bumps to her sensitive skin .she laid on his chest ,his arm crossed over her shoulder ,protecting her ,possessing her " if we continue like this ,you won't be able to walk for days babe""argh oppa ! " she raised her hands to cover her face ,he chuckeled  " why so shy ? " she sighed moving her hands and looked at him " I think I need some time " he hold her closer " aigoo ,you are so innocent joohyunie! how come you are so innocent ? did you ever have a boyfriend before ?"
" no never "
" really ? did you love someone ,or had a crush on a boy before?" she shook her head " no ,you are my first love actually "" no way ! every girl at your age must have been in love before ,especially a girl as beautiful as you " she was very flattered by his complement " I told you the truth "  
"so was you first kiss with me ?" 
"yes " he jumped and shifted them so he was on top of her ,gazing at her with wonder " oh god ,I think I love you more could it even be possible " she giggled " I love you too minie " he kissed her deeply " minie ?! " he gave her a puzzled look " yes ,I find cute " she grabbed his two earlobes and lowered him for a kiss " yes cute " she nodded in satisfaction ,he chuckled.
 
chanyeol couldn't hide his concern over jessica ,seeing her sleeping body made her look weak .she looked pale ,she shifted  and opened her eyes slowly .she smiled "how do you feel ? " she yawned " exhausted" he raised an eyebrow " you slept for two hours and you are still tired " her eyes got wide " two hours ? why are you still here ?" 
" is this how you thank me ?" he pouted and  she throwed a pillow on him " stop playing around and give me something to eat  " he got up and pulled his mobile " what do you want to eat ? " 
" pasta will be fine " he nodded and  ordered pasta from a italian restaurent he knew ." thank you chanyeol-ah " he sat beside her on the bed " you're welcome ,are you sick ? you look so pale " she sighed and she laid back on the bed with another yawn " I don't know what is wrong with me " he frowned " what do you mean ? " 
" I went to see the doctor because I had nausea and stomach ache ,I thought it was indigestion but the doctor said she'll be more sure if I did some tests " he nodded " did she gave you any medicines?" 
"no ,just painkillers"
" and when the results are going to be out ? " 
" I told her to call me if they came ,can I have a glass of water I want to take a pill " he got up and took a bottle of water from the mini fridge of her room " here " 
she gulped the pill and water "thanks " he sat back " how is your family ? it's been so long since I last saw them"
she grinned " they are doing fine ,krystal is graduating this year " 
" really ? she grow up ,is she as pretty as you ? "jessica raised an eyebrow
" what ? it's not like you aren't pretty !"
"it's not that ,but the fact you acknowledge it  is a first " 
"a first in million ,all korea think you are pretty ,one of them is my brother "she grimaced at the punch in her heart " it sounds the best from you " they exchanged a complicit smile for moments ,chanyeol cleared his throat " so "
" so " echoed back jessica ,it was weirdly awkward " I am sorry for earlier " they said in union ,they laughed " fogiven " jessica was the first 
" you too " he attempted to hold her hand and she let him ,but the moment was ruined by a knock on the door ,probably the delivery " I'll go get it " as chanyeol went to open the door ,jessica's phone rang .she looked at the screen ,it was the clinic 
"yeoboseo ?" 
"Ms jung " 
" it's her " 
"doctor kim wants to talk to you " 
"okay " 
" hello jessica ,I hope I am not interrupting your work "
"no ,it's okay I can talk " 
"the results are out ,and I revised them " the doctor gave her a long sigh
" what is it ?" jessica had an anxious feeling suddnely 
" I am sorry to announce you this on the phone but  ..." she went silent and sighed again " they are bad ,much more then I thought"
" tell me please " 
" I am sorry jessica but you have an advanced stomach cancer "  jessica went numb  "a-r-e you sure ?"  
"unfortunately yes ,you have to come back to the country as soon as possible to start the treatment ,are you okay ?" 
"no ,I feel bad really bad " the desperation was clear in her voice
" be strong jessica ,I have to go now call me as soon as you arrive "
" alright" as soon as she hung on ,she collapsed on the floor .she was shaking strongly she could feel nausea getting back ,she won't last long before throwing out the little food left in her belly . "what is it ? sooyeon-ah is there something wrong "chanyeol was back looking at worriedly, she just gave him a blank look. He put the paper bags of food on the table and kneeled beside her taking her still shaking hand in his " talk to me please " a tear escaped her eye  
 
"I am going to die "