Resting

Chocolate + Potato = ?

 

(A/N: sorry once again I haven't been updating much... I'll try my best!)
 
"Let's go to that picnic now!" Himchan said and ran off to god knows where.
 
"Where is everything located in this place." Kaeun had the '=_=' face on.
 
"I'll show you." Zelo grabbed Kaeun's hand boldly.
 
She looked at him flabbergasted, "Yeah sure you can. But," she held  their laced hands up, "No holding hands." And she let go.
 
Zelo pouted and thought, *She said no hands... So does that mean that I can hold her wrist?* he brightened up and made a grab for her wrist.
 
Kaeun glared at him and hissed, "No wrists at that matter too! Just don't hold me, I'll follow you." 
 
"Fine." He grumbled and beckoned her to follow.
 
"This is our kitchen. Eomma! We're going out for a picnic! Can eomma make sandwiches for us?" Zelo said and led her into a room where stoves, cutlery, pots and pans were located.
 
A fridge was located at the far corner of the room with more cupboards made out of wood. Overall, the place looked really homey.
 
There were also a few of the boy's things scattered in some usual places like on the kitchen counter, where Youngjae's sweater was thrown. It was definitely  Youngjae's because it had the big word 'YOUNGJAE' written in Hangul.
 
"Oh right now? Be sure to be back before dinner! I'll pack some sandwiches and other food for you guys. Jongup-ah, go get the picnic basket. You boys never tell me before hand when you want to go somewhere!" Omonim was holding a bowl with green cabbages mixed with five different coloured vegetables.
 
"Eodiya eomma?" Jongup poked his head in the kitchen, "On top of the fridge Jongup-ah." 
 
Zelo smiled at the interaction and tapped Kaeun's shoulder, "Kaja, I'll show you the rest of the house." 
 
And he proceeded to pull Kaeun by the hand. *No matter what I say it doesn't really matter because it doesn't go through that thick skull of his.* Kaeun glared and flicked his forehead.
 
But that didnt stop Zelo from holding her hand and feeling light-headed even at the small contact, *It feels nice.*
 
"This is our living room, this is where we play board games during boring times because unfortunately, we spoiled out old play station, so we had to love with board games!" Zelo faked cried.
 
"Babo." Kaeun giggled.
 
"Sometimes this is our thinking corner, and we have family gatherings here,during Christmas or the new year." He said and pulled her to the next room.
 
"This is our store room, which we don't really put anything except our six bicycles and our appa's. eomma doesn't bike so she usually just sit behind our appa." Zelo said and beamed, "Guess which one is mine?"
 
*How nice... They have family gatherings and all that. I usually just play by my self or spend the endless amount of money my parents gave me. But dang, I think I should work soon.* She rolled her eyes at the mention of work.
 
Kaeun looked through all the bike and spotted a striking bright blue bike at the end of the store, "That one?" She pointed at it.
 
"Uwa, my Kaeunnie is so clever." Zelo laughed and ruffled her hair.
 
"Yah! Do you know how long does it take to maintain this hair especially when I always have the most hideous bed hair?!" Kaeun smacked his hand and pulled at his ear.
 
"Serves you right for messing with THE hair!" Kaeun laughed and proceeded to flick her hair over her shoulder and strutted in front of him.
 
Zelo laughed along and once again grabbed her hand, "I'll show you upstairs."
 
But before they could step a foot up the stairs Daehyun shouted.
 
"Yah! Maknae! Kaeun! We're going out now! Eomma finished packing and we're going to the park now!" He shouted.
 
Daehyun cleared his throat while the others looked at him while shaking their heads.
 
"We should just let Daehyun Hyung shout for eomma next time." Jongup smirked while shaking his head.
 
"We're coming!" Zelo shouted back turned to Kaeun, "I'll show you later, now we have a picnic to go to!"
 
----
 
"I can't believe the whole lot of you like to sing 'the wheels on the bus goes round and round'! I just cannot believe it! And you guys sang it the whole way here! Won't your throats and vocal chords hurt right now?! Aish chincha, my ears hurt!" Kaeun complained and stomped all the way into the park.
 
"Now you know that, don't tell anybody. It's an embarrassing trait that we have in the family whenever we're in the car." Yongguk whispered.
 
"Oh I'll definitely tell every one so be warned." She rolled her eyes and started looking for a place to sit.
 
She looked around and compared the shade with different trees to see which tree gives the biggest shade. I mean, there IS 7 people here.
 
"We should just sit here, it seems like the most shady. Pass me the picnic towel Himchan." Kaeun nodded at the picnic towel.
 
They spread out the picnic towel and Mama Chan and Kaeun started laying out the food while the other chickens decided to play 'tag'.
 
"YOUR IT HAHAHAHA CATCH ME WHILE YOU CAN HYUNG!" Zelo laughed loudly and started running to the opposite side of the park.
 
Other citizens in the park stared at them weirdly while some laughed at the cute scene.
 
"YAH! JUNHONG YOU COME BACK HERE NOW!" Yongguk started charging after the maknae.
 
"RUN!" The others laughed and split up.
 
"Are they always like this?" Kaeun smiled at the cute sight. *I wish I have gatherings like this. All my life, it's been so lonely. How could I just realise it now?* 
 
"Yup. The poor me, I'm the only sane one whose living with a bunch of hooligans." Himchan faked cried and put plates of sandwiches on the towel.
 
But just as he said that Jongup came to slap him on the arm and said, "TAGYOURIT!" Really fast and started running away like a laughing hyena.
 
Himchan slowly put down the plate he was holding started to slowly stand up. You could literally see him in flames while his eyes had fire in them, " why you..." He slowly said.
 
"WHY YOU HOW COULD YOU TAG ME WHILE I WAS PREPARING THE PICNIC! YOU COME BACK HERE!" And off Himchan flew... To play tag.
 
"Mmmhmm, yup, the only sane one." Kaeun muttered and shook her head.
 
She took out drinks and started laying out cups. "This would be a fun picnic." 
 
She peered once more in the picnic basket and was surprised that there was a bunch of small towels at a hidden compartment of the picnic basket.
 
"Could have omonim put these in here?" Kaeun wondered and tilted her head.
 
She took them out and a piece of paper fell out of one of the towels saying, 'Kaeun-ah! Don't be surprised if you see this! They will start playing 'tag' soon!' 
 
"Aigoo, these chickens." She smiled a genuine smile for once in years and stared at them running and laughing.