Chapter 48

Rappelez Vous Quand...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a quite a while Coco talked to the lady, Xu Jinglei made her way to go outside of the living room. Meeting face to face with Amber and Kris, she looked very gloomy after speaking with their little girl. Of course, Kris and Amber caught her expression even though she made a fake smile for them both signaling she was alright. The married couple thought there was something going wrong with her and then, Kris offered her to accompany the lady to her house.

“Thanks for having me, I should go home now.” The lady bowed her head to the couple and almost made her way to the main door but, Kris stopped her

“Wait, I’ll accompany you.” Kris said with Amber looked up at his face and narrowed her eyes. Jealous? Of course, he was her husband after all even though she was still mad at him this time around. Kris and Xu Jinglei went to the outside of the house, he even opened his car for her to get in while Amber only looked at them two in front of the opened main door. But Amber acted like she didn’t care and only heaved her exasperation sigh. She closed the door after she saw Kris driving his car far away from the house.

Amber entered the house again and rethought about how Xu Jinglei made her expression after talking to her little child named Coco. She wondered what Coco just said to her until the lady looked gloomy like that. She opened the living room door and found her daughter watching her favorite cartoon on television. She decided to sit right next to her and watched the series together with Coco, although she was still curious.

“Coco..” Amber slowly asked her little daughter while Kris accompanied Xu Jinglei to her Hotel, she was curious and she couldn’t hold it in her heart. The little girl looked up at her Mother and gave Amber a questioning look. “What did you say to Mrs. Xu?”

 

~~~~0~~~~~0~~~~

Kris didn’t go straight to Xu Jinglei’s hotel, but he stopped at coffee bar to talk to this woman for a while. He was kind of curious about what his daughter just said to Xu Jinglei until this woman didn’t even want to talk to Kris and gave him silent treatment during in the car.

“This latte is pretty good, I think.” Kris tried to start the conversation between them both. He just wanted to know what happened to her right now

“But it’s not as good as Amber’s made, right?” All of a sudden, the mistress asked this question for the young man in front of her with her bitter smile she said to him

Kris was a bit surprised right there after hearing what she just said to him. He didn’t mean to bring Amber in this conversation but suddenly, Xu Jinglei was the one who brought Amber’s name between them both. “Amber?” He scoffed. “She can’t even turn on a stove.”  

“That’s why she needs you.” Xu Jinglei answered him as she looked down to distraction, she tried to hide her tears from Kris. She knew she was wrong, she was a married woman, her husband was out there and Kris came to her life, making her feel like she was a young woman who was falling in love again.

Kris looked at the woman with curiosity inside of him, he tried to ask her straightforwardly, “What just happened? What did my daughter say to you?”

“She doesn’t like me.” Xu Jinglei headed up to see Kris again

Kris was shocked hearing what she said to him, it was no way his little daughter said something rude to someone else. “Look, she will—“

“No, she won’t.” The woman shook her head as she cut off Kris’s words for her. “She will never like me. She clearly said to me that the only woman who could be near you was only her Mother…. Amber… Not me…”

“But she didn’t say clearly that she didn’t like you, right?” Kris showed off his concern towards this mistress

Xu Jinglei scoffed as she wiped her tears from her cheeks. “I’m not stupid, Kris. She meant it although she didn’t say it but I know it. She praised Amber in front of me, telling me that Amber’s beautiful and she’s still fresh compared to me. What do you think it was for? She wanted to get rid of me from you.”

“We’ve been—“

“Just stop this. I don’t wanna continue this with you, I’ll try—“ Xu Jinglei said in pause with her trembling voice and shaky lips while Kris silently listened to her words. “I’ll try to come back to my husband… And you just come back to your family..”

Kris bit his bottom lip, his hand made its way to hold her hand, “Hey..”

“We aren’t meant to be, okay?” Xu Jinglei looked at Kris very deeply into his eyes, this young man actually still loved his own wife but this was her fault for suddenly coming into his peaceful life and seducing him. “I know what Amber’s feeling right now because my husband betrays me, he’s cheating on me with another woman. Do you realize you’re cheating on her? You should apologize… No…” She shook her head. “I mean we should apologize..”

 

==

He was still thinking of what Xu Jinglei said to him, he was cheating on Amber, he was stupid. How dared him to hurt her more than before? He cursed at himself, he told himself how stupid he was and he thought he didn’t deserve Amber at all.

He was entering his house after parking his car in the garage, there was no Amber in the house. He thought maybe Amber was in Coco’s bedroom accompanying their daughter until she fell asleep. So, Kris went to Coco’s room, seeing his daughter sleeping soundly on her cozy bed. He made a move to lay down beside his little girl, looking at her sleeping face. She looked in peace, somehow, Amber’s face appeared from her face all of a sudden, he must be crazy right now.

“Amber…” He caressed his little girl’s face and it made him cry when he remembered how bad he hurt his wife. “I’m so sorry..” He cried very hard, he buried his face beside Coco’s figure as he hugged her until he fell asleep next to his daughter.

When morning came, as usual Amber would come to the house. Taking care of her daughter, making meals and accompanying her to the school. When she was opening Coco’s door as she wanted to wake her up, she saw Kris sleeping right next the little girl. The very unusual scene of Kris, she thought but she scratched it on her mind and just soon woke her daughter up.

Amber skipped Kris and then, she went to beside Coco’s sleeping figure. She got her face close to her daughter’s and whispered her in the ear, “Baby, wake up.”

She shook her body as she still woke her up but the little girl only struggled and didn’t want to wake up at all, she even rolled to her side and came to Kris even closer. It successfully made her eyes roll seeing her daughter’s deeds just as similar as Kris’s.

“Coco, wake up. It’s time to go to school.” Amber raised her voice

Coco glanced at Amber for a little time and then, she went to her dreamland again. “I wanna sleep more.”

“No, you can’t. School starts soon, c’mon, wake up.” Amber didn’t stop waking her up

“Why do you wake me up but you don’t wake Daddy up?” Coco was still closing her eyes and snuggling to Kris’s chest

Amber heaved an exasperation sigh and rolled her eyes for the second time right now, she shook her head and then, forcefully, she called Kris’s name. “Kris.” She made firm and frigid voice calling him. “Wake up, give some example to our daughter.”

“Ask me kindly, you’re in front of our daughter.” Kris still closed his eyes

“If you want me to wake up, kiss me first.” Coco added

“Argh, these two.” Amber said it lowly but seeing those stupid faces with those goofy smiles, she couldn’t help but kissed Coco’s lips very sweetly in the morning. “Wake up now.”

“Kiss Daddy too, Mom.” Coco asked Amber to kiss Kris and it successfully made Kris open his eyes widely without Amber waking him up after Coco said it to Amber

“Look, your Daddy has woken up.” Amber told their daughter

“Dad, you want Mommy to give you morning kiss too, right?” Coco asked Kris who just opened his eyes widely

Kris was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter