Chapter 41

Rappelez Vous Quand...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Stinging thud on Amber’s head was really painful. It was all because of her phrase that she asked to Victoria before. The older girl just hit her, although she was carrying a baby right now with her right hand but her left hand could slap Amber very hardly.

“AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!” Amber’s hand was on her head, her forehead creased indicating it was very painful as her scream almost woke Victoria’s one and only son

“Can you stop being idiot?” Victoria’s rhetoric question was flown out from , she shook her head didn’t believe about what Amber thought recently. She was moron, as moron as her own husband, Kris. There was this thought flashing on her mind ‘Do they realize that they have a daughter right now?’

“Jie Jie!!!”

“YAAA!!! Don’t ‘Jie Jie’ me! Do you even think about your daughter? If you didn’t have a child, just go then! You don’t need him and neither does he.” Victoria started her nag this noon to Amber, it was actually almost tenth time since Amber was married to Kris, but she never heard about the divorcement and this was the first time that crucial word came out from Amber. “But you have an innocent daughter and you have to know your Princess Coco Jojo Wu needs you both. You have to be strong, Am. Think about your daughter.”

“But, Vic..” Amber’s voice sounded stuttering, her eyes looked at the bundle in Victoria’s arms. He was still fragile, he was pure and he didn’t understand anything except for the love from his parents. He was similar to Coco although she was five years older but still, Coco was only a little child who didn’t understand much about her parents. All she knew was only Kris and Amber loved her so much and nothing else. “I don’t think I can take more than this…. But I’m gonna try.”

“Just calm your mind first, just breathe, remember our yoga class then, you can talk to him.”

Amber nodded constantly as she answered her. “Okay.”

 

==

 

“…Honey…” Amber tried to be soft and kind when she was talking to Kris on the phone. She tried to level down her anger because EXO reached China today and she knew about this from television instead of Kris, he didn’t even inform her before about his schedule. Usually, they would talk about their schedules in order that they could arrange their ‘family-time’ together but now, no. It was only Amber who initiated to speak about her schedule and nothing from Kris. “Did you and your friends reach China safely?”

 

Kris’s eyes widened, his mouth gaped but his hand reached it so that it could cover his agape mouth. He felt guilty because he didn’t inform Amber and his daughter before that he would have a performance in China with EXO, and he just remembered that he promised Coco to tell a love story between him and her mother. “H-hey, Amber.. You’re still awake?” Mentally, he cursed himself, telling himself as the idiot one. ‘Still awake you said, Kris! Of course, you !’

“Yeah, I’m waiting for you to come home even I make dinner for you, Wu Yi Fan, but… It seems you’re in China now… Haha… I’m so stupid, right?”

He knew actually Amber insulted him indirectly, he knew her very well. Once she was calling him by his full name in Chinese, it indicated she was angry this time. Even Kris could tell by the way Amber chuckled, it sounded like mocking him instead of a reprimand for herself.

“Am, I.. uh.. I’m gonna go for some practice with my members. Please, just go to sleep, I don’t want you to get tired. Just take a rest.” Apologetically, Kris begged his own wife.

In three seconds, he couldn’t hear Amber’s voice so, he bit his lips waiting for her response but then, there was a sound of sobbing from his phone unexpectedly. He knew that sound came from Amber, ‘Is she crying?’ he could feel a sharp knife stabbed right into his heart when he knew about that. “Am… Babe… Are you okay?” Again, Kris gave her a stupid question and once again, he cursed his own self

“Of course, I’m fine.” Amber answered him very fast, he could tell she hid everything right now. Even though he couldn’t see her figure, but he knew she was in despair because of him

“How’s Coco doing?” He switched the topic because it wouldn’t help if he kept focusing on them both

“She’s doing great. She got A+ for Mathematics and English. You know because she’s genius.” Amber giggled and she sounded a little brighter than before when Kris asked about their daughter

“Yes, she’s just like you..” Kris smiled, looking down at his feet as he played his feet with confetti on the ground. Silently, he sighed, trying to gather questions again to calm his wife but an interruption came from his manager, “Hey, KREASE! Let’s GO! We gotta move, man! Move!”

His head directed to EXO’s manager, his hand covered his phone’s speaker then, he told his manager. “Yes, one sec! One sec, I promise!”

“Amber, I gotta go now. I’ll catch you later, okay?” He sounded in a rush, although deep in his heart, he didn’t want end this conversation with her

“Y-y-yeah…” She sounded stammering again this time. “Good luck for your performance, send my greeting to the boys too.”

“Okay.” The guilty feeling started to fill him again, it was very difficult for him to hang up his phone. “See you later.”

“See you later, Kris.” She was sad very badly this time, it hurt her a lot.

“I’ll hang up now..” Kris got his phone far away from his ear, he knew Amber wouldn’t hang up her phone this time but he didn’t want to listen to her voice again because it would distract him from focusing on the practice

“DON’T!” Although he had tried to get it away, but her voice still could be heard by him. “Please, don’t hang up the phone… I miss you..” Amber was begging him pathetically. He didn’t answer but he just get his phone closer to his ear again. “So much..”

“KREEEAASSSEEE!!” EXO’s manager yelled at him again, it was already more than one second that Kris promised him and the organizer had already set the time for EXO to do their practice

“I’m so sorry, I gotta go, bye, I love you.” He hurriedly hung up the phone, then, he turned it off so that, Amber didn’t call him again while he was doing his practice with EXO’s members. He still felt guilty by the way, but show must go on.

 

 

“I love you too..” Although she knew Kris had already hung up his phone but she still replied him as she kept crying silently. “I love you too, Kris… Did you catch that…?” She just placed her phone on the dining table, covering her whole face with her palms as she erased her own tears that kept coming from her eyes. “…Who am I to you…?”

 

 

 

“Mom, Mommy..” Coco’s voice broke Amber from her despair. Her soothing and stuttering voice never failed to amuse this mother even though her daughter sounded sleepy

“Coco..” Fortunately, her tears had been vanished when Coco came to see her. Amber approached her little girl as she was on her knee so that she could see her face clearly. “What’s wrong?”
“Mom, are you crying?” Suddenly, she asked that to Amber. She really forgot that her daughter was very smart to read the situation especially, her feeling. It was all because of the strong bond between mother and daughter that they made up until now

“Huh? No. It’s because I just cooked and then, the oil splashed to my hand. See this? It really hurts me~” Amber showed the back of her hand and she also made an aegyo face in front of her daughter. Although it wasn’t because of that, but she wouldn’t tell any bad thing about Kris to Coco.

“Really?? Let me see it.” Coco’s face showed a serious expression and it was very cute and refreshing for Amber’s eyes in this cold night. “Are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter