Believe me

Mr. Popular and Me

''I can't believe she did that.'' You heard. You turned around to see who the girls in your class were talking about and you say them looking at you. You shrugged and walked to your locker. ''What a , why is she coming to school?'' You heard, you looked around. A girl pointed at you, but her arm went down when you looked at her. ''Are they talking about me?'' You softly said while taking your books out of your locker.

Your fingers almost came between the locker. You looked at Hannah with your mouth wide open. ''Why did you do that?'' You asked and you looked at your fingers. You and Hannah were pretty good friends, you were even working on a project for school together. You knew that she never tried to hurt anyone. ''Why did you do that?'' She asked and she looked at you. You had never seen her face like that before. ''What..?'' You slowly asked. Maybe you were now going to discover why people were calling you a . ''Don't act like you're ing innocent. He knows it already.'' 

You were sitting alone on the staircase, thinking about why everyone was acting like that towards you but you still hadn't figure it out. You heard footsteps from the star underneath you. You stood up to see who it was and saw that it was Daehyun. ''Dae!'' You yelled and you saw him looking up. He changed his direction and went down instead of up. You lifted your eyebrows. Did he just avoided you? You walked down and called him again. He kept walking. You said his name again and you grabbed his wrist. He pushed your hand off him. ''Don't touch me, .''

It took a while till you realised what he called you. ''Why are you calling me ?'' You asked. You really didn't know what was going on and why everyone was acting like that. ''Because you are a .'' He said with a blank face. ''Why-'' He cut you off. ''Get lost.'' He said and he walked away. ''Daehyun!'' You yelled. You saw that people in classrooms were watching you and Daehyun. ''What?!'' You could hear that he was pissed off. ''Please, tell me why you are acting like this.'' You said. 

Daehyun took his phone out of his pocket and after a second you heard your phone. You took your phone out of your pocket and saw that he had sent you a text message. You looked up and saw him walking away. You sighed and opened the message. It was an audio note. You took a deep breath and pressed Play.

''Why I'm dating Daehyun? Hmm. You know that I got kicked out of my last school right? That's why I'm dating him. And by the way he's a prick who only cares about his looks and money. He's stupid. He looks like a prick and he is like a prick when you get to know him. I hate him!'' You pressed the stop button, you didn't want to hear more of it.

You went to the cafe since they were still there everyday after school. You saw Daehyun sitting with the others. You took a deep breath and walked towards them. ''There she is.'' Yongguk said and he pointed at you. Daehyun turned around and stood up. You looked around you and saw that there were a lot of customers today. You sighed, they probably came to see how you would explain it to Daehyun. 

''Daehyun, you have to believe me, okay?'' You said and you looked around another time. People were all looking at the two of you, some were even filming with their phones. You sighed. ''I have never said that, I swear!'' You said. But Daehyun just pushed the chair next to him down. ''I really like you, that's why I'm dating you. Not because I don't want to get kicked out again?!'' You said. You could feel that you were tearing up. It had been a while since you cried and you hated it. You wiped the first tears away and looked at Daehyun. He looked like he didn't care, but you were hoping that a part in him was still caring.

''I really haven't said that. It isn't me. I've never said that. Daehyun, you have to believe me.'' You said. He just started laughing and shook his head. ''There is no prove that it isn't you.'' He said and his hand went through his hair. ''There is also no prove that it is me.'' You said while sobbing. ''It is your voice, isn't it?'' He yelled and he raised an eyebrow. He pointed at you, it reminded you of how it used to be. You were silent for a second. ''Yes it is my voice, bu-'' Daehyun cut you off. ''You just proved it yourself.'' He yelled and he walked towards you. ''It's over.'' He said. Then he bumped into you and walked out of the door really calm. Leaving you there, crying, while all the people were looking and filming. The last thing you still remember was the sound of Daehyun slamming the door.