New Start

Mr. Popular and Me

You had tried to talk to Daehyun a couple of times, but he just ignored you. You were fine with the idea that you weren't a couple anymore but you hated it that he still thought that your feelings for him had never existed. You tried calling him again. You called him everyday after school, but ofcourse he didn't picked up. People even called you a stalker because you called him everyday, but you just wanted to explain everything. It had been a minute and he hadn't pick up yet. You were about to hang up but someone picked up the phone. 

''Hello?'' It was the voice of a girl. A voice you had never heard before. ''You're talking to Park Haneul, is Jung Daehyun there?'' You asked. The girl was quiet for a minute. ''I don't know who this is. But I guess he was the person with this number before?'' You nodded even though she couldn't see that. ''Yes, this nummer used to be his.'' You said. ''I got this number a couple of days ago. Sorry, that I couldn't help you.'' The girl said. ''It's okay.'' You said and you let out a sigh. You hung up.

''Aish!'' You threw you phone on your bed before you threw yourself next to it. You pushed your face in your pillow and started screaming. ''Why did he changed his number? What a jerk.'' You yelled and you started kicking the air with your feet. You stopped kicking when you got tired. You stood up. ''Okay, almost two months have passed. Park Haneul, get your together and stop caring about him!'' You nodded and smiled at yourself in the mirror. ''You can do this.''

 

You walked in the school and took a deap breath. People were still pointing at you and giving you mean names. ''I don't care.'' You told yourself. You smiled and walked to your locker. You opened it and took the stuff you needed. You walked to your class and bowed when you saw your homeroom teacher. ''Haneul, you're sitting in the front from today. Daehyun had asked me if you could get an other seat.'' You wanted scold him, but somehow you just couldn't. You sat down on your new seat and looked at the back. Hannah was sitting at your desk.

While looking around you noticed Himchan looking at you. You looked at him with a smile but he looked away. You sighed. ''He probably doesn't want to be friends with me aymore because he was friends with Daehyun first.'' You turned around because the teacher came in. ''I'm fine by myself..'' You said and you put on a smile.

You were sitting alone in the canteen eating your lunch when you heard the girls on the table next to yours talking. ''Did you hear already?'' The girls started screaming that they were curious and that they wanted to know. ''Daehyun started dating Hannah..'' One of the girls said. You almost spitted out your rice. Was it true? ''Hannah is so lucky, she likes him a lot and he finally notices.'' Another girl said. You picked up your plate and moved to another table. You knew that the girls were looking at you.

 

You had told yourself to not care about him anymore, but it really hurt when you heard that he was dating Hannah. You really didn't want to go to school, but you didn't want people to think that you were scared to face Daehyun and his new girlfriend. Like all the days after you and Daehyun had broke up, you took a deep breath before entering the school. It was just a normal day of school but still you felt kind of nervous.

All your classes had ended. You walked towards the door when you bumped into someone. You almost fell but you had put your hands against the wall for support. You looked up and saw Hannah and Daehyun. Daehyun looked really pissed, probably because he saw you. His pissed glance turned in to a arrogant one, exactly how he used to look at you when you met him.

Hannah linked arms with Daehyun and looked at him. ''Let's get icecream.'' She asked. You didn't want to hear his answer so you walked away as fast as you could. ''Whatever.'' He answered and he shrugged her arm off him. ''Let's go!'' Hannah said all happily and she pulled Daehyun with her. 

You were standing against the fence of the school and tried to realise what you just saw. ''So he is really dating her..'' You softly said. It made you really sad when you thought about it. You were about to go home when you saw Daehyun with Hannah walking out of the schoolgate together. You sighed and looked at them till they dissapeared. You felt sick so you went home.