Realize

Mr. Popular and Me

''Honey, come here!'' Daehyun yelled and he runned in your direction. You turned around and pulled an annoying face. ''Don't call me like that!'' You were still not used to him being your ''boyfriend''. You were walking as fast as you could to avoid Daehyun, but you felt his arm around your shoulder after a couple of seconds. Well you didn't know that it was his arm but you could smell the scent if the cologne he wore everyday. It scared you how you knew that it was his scent, that meant that you had been around him a lot. It wasn't that you didn't want to be around him but he was acting so cheesy because of the plan, you just wanted to puke. You couldn't understand how you were still alive after hearing all the cheesy that came out of his mouth everyday. 

 

''Daehyun, go away!'' You said. Daehyun was standing in front of you, blocking your locker. You tried to push him away, but he was too strong. You sighed. ''GO AWAY!'' You yelled. If you hadn't been pretending to be his girlfriend, you would have hit him already. But you didn't because there were people watching the two of you.

''Ahh, I want a relationship where we act silly like that too.'' You heard a girl that was walking by saying to her friend. You looked at her with widened eyes and turned back to Daehyun. He was also looking at the girl. He started laughing. You flicked his forehead because you know that he disliked it. His hand immediately went to his forehead. ''Why do you always do that?!'' He said and he did a step to the side. You could finally open your locker and you took out your books. ''You deserve it.'' You said and you sticked out your tongue. After the locker closed, you walked away.

You heard Daehyun's footsteps behind you. ''Stop following me.'' You whispered. You know he could hear it since there was no one around but he was still following you. You looked behind you and saw the blonde pretending to tie his laces. You rolled your eyes and continued walking. 

Daehyun looked at your hands and bit his lip. He didn't know why but he just felt like holding your hands. But you probably wouldn't like it since you hated skinship with him especially when there was no one around. His hand touched his neck and he sighed. ''You only have one chance you know.'' He said softly. Yongguk always said it, he really liked it. It was like his life slogan.

You were just walking when you suddenly felt fingers locking into yours. You looked your hand and then at Daehyun. You stopped walking. ''What are you doing? There is nobody here, there is no need to pretend.'' You said. You tried to pull your fingers out of his but he was holding them too tight. ''Daehyun..'' You softly said and he pressed his finger against your lips. ''Haneul, don't forget that I saved you that day.'' Daehyun said. ''Just for today, okay?'' He didn't know why he was acting like this. He wanted to hit himself, why was he holding your hand suddenly? 

 

''Have you heard already? Daehyun and Haneul aren't dating for real.'' Everyone was telling each other. Someone had heard it when you told Daehyun that you were alone and that he could stop acting. It was the same person that posted the things on the school community. You and Daehyun looked at each other. ''What the hell?'' You both said at the same time. You had been with them a lot so you also started saying the same things at the same time as them. You looked at each other. You hit yourself against your forehead, you shouldn't have said that out loud.

''Daehyun oppa, why did you lied to us? You aren't dating her!'' A girl said and she stamped. ''I kind of expected this actually, who would date her?'' An other girl said. ''Oppa, you changed so much since she came to our school!'' ''You should stop hanging out with her, the other boys should too!'' Daehyun got really pissed suddenly. ''Didn't I told you to treat her like you treat me and the other guys? You must be really stupid and deaf.'' He yelled. You looked at him, a little bit shocked. ''Daehyun stop.'' You said and pulled his arm softly. ''How can I stop when they are acting like this?'' 

''I really don't believe it!'' A girl said. ''You two are not dating for real!'' Daehyun looked at the girl, he looked like he wanted to shoot her. He was still very pissed. ''If we weren't dating, would I do this?!'' Daehyun yelled. He let go of your hand which he was still holding. He cupped your face with his warm hands and slowly pressed his lips against yours. You were standing there like a wooden board. Why was he doing this in public? You knew that he just wanted to prove that you and he ''were dating'', but it was too much for you. You closed your eyes, just act along.

Daehyun felt it again. That weird feeling that he couldn't explain. He had been watching a lot of dramas lately. He learned something from the dramas. He had seen on the dramas what the guys did when they liked the girl. Their behaviour reminded him of someone, that someone was himself. That moment, where you were kissing in the middle of the crowd, was when he realized it. He liked you. He liked you a lot.

 

It was the 8th time that you had hit him. ''What were you thinking? How can you do that? I.. I.. I don't know what to say.'' You said. You sat down next to him on the bench in the park and you left out a soft sigh. ''Yah! It's not like it's your first kiss or something. And we've kissed before, we kissing each other is something normal now.'' Daehyun realized that it wasn't smart to say it, because he got another punch in his shoulder from you. ''That doesn't mean you can kiss me whenever you want?!'' You said and you jumped off the bench again. ''Calm down, it's not like I wanted it. I just wanted to prove them that we are dating for real.'' Daehyun said. You wanted to hit him again, but you just took a deap breath.

''Okay.. I have to admit that you are right.. It's just a act and the kiss doesn't mean anything.'' You said. Daehyun sighed and nodded. ''Let's forget it, but don't you dare do it again!'' You said and you looked at him. You put out your hand to help him up. He smiled and took your help. ''Okay honey, I will never do it again.. In public.'' He said and he started laughing.