Sad birthday to us!

Twins And The Chamber

 

 

________________________________

The cruelest things in life happen when we least expect them to.

The biggest secrets are revealed at the most unsuitable  time.

The deepest wounds are the most easy to reopen.

One mistake can cause a disaster

____________________

 

^*^

     May was nearing its end. I was going to finish junior year soon. It was the 17th, my birthday. I could swear it was going to be the worst birthday of my life since we were grounded and could neither have a party nor go out with friends.

Mom called Luhan’s and my name. We went down the stairs to “celebrate” our birthday. The mood was boring: parents, baby brother, stupid twin who’s as annoyed as me, and a lame cake on the middle of the table. On top of the cake was written “Happy 17th birthday, Luhan&Aeri!” Yeah! Way to remind me that I also have to share my birthday with that bastard!

     My parents sang for us and gave us our gifts. I got a whole collection of my favourite manga books while Luhan got the pair of sneakers he was pleading for since last moth. Dad asked us to kiss and wish a happy birthday for each other. Of course we were still mad at one another so we both refused. I went to kiss my little brother instead, and at that exact moment, Luhan felt the need to hug him. I’m sure he did it on purpose. I didn’t let the jerk approach him so he picked out a fight at me. We started yelling at each other until Kiseob started crying. Mom got in between us and took him from my arms. We then went followed her to the living room as she told us they had some important stuff to discuss with us.

    We were sitting on the couch facing our parents. My father looked so serious, and without further ado, he blurted out “You two are getting out of control; you never get along and you don’t appreciate the value of brotherhood. We tried everything to make you close to each other but to no avail and this needs to stop!”

“So your dad and I decided to send you to your grandma’s house in the countryside to spend your summer vacation there. We’re sure this will help you improve your relationship”

I didn’t react at first, I thought they were joking until I heard a freaked out voice “Whaaaat? You want us to- what? You’re going to- what? Just- what??”

Luhan’s confused baby face gave me the urge to chuckle but I just couldn’t because I was a victim too.

Mom looked at him hardly before adding “you’ll start packing up now, and you’ll be leaving for my mother’s house as soon as school ends. Period.”

Both mom and dad got up and left the room, leaving us bewildered.

---------

*RIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNG*

     That was the last bell call of the school year.
The school hallways were crowded with happy students. Some were bragging  about their holidays’ plan, other were saying their goodbyes to each other…And then there was me; overjoyed at the thought of spending two months with Luhan, isolated from the rest of the world.

I hugged Bom and Dara warmly; they wished me good luck and promised they’ll call me often. We waved goodbye to each other and they went their way to catch the bus. I caught sight of baekhyun. I ran towards him and jumped into his arms. He smiled at me and ruffled my hair.

“I’m going to miss you so much…” I said in a desperate tone.

He softened and replied “Babo! I’ll miss you too.”

“It’s all because of that stupid brother of mine. If just he-“

“Now now! You guys are grounded because of this attitude,” My boyfriend interrupted “why don’t you just learn how to get along and satisfy your parents?”

“How easy to say!” I muttered.

I didn’t argue back, what he said sounded logical, but my situation was so different.

“Well then, Sayonara?” He winked.

“Hey don’t say it this way!” I cried “you’re making me even more depressed”

He laughed at me, said his ‘goodbye and take care’, pecked me on the lips, and ran across the street as he waved. I smiled to myself. He never fails to make me happy.

 

     It was the 1st of June, 7AM.
I uneasily carried my heavy suitcase down the stairs. Luhan didn’t even bother to help me with it.

“Inspection time!” dad snapped when we entered the living room.

“Inspection, my ! It’s not like we’re going to watch some at grandma’s house” Luhan said sarcastically.

“Language, Luhan!” dad glared at him

“We’re actually searching for any electronic device you might’ve put in” my mother informed as she removed my laptop from my bag “like this!”

“What? “I asked confused “why are you removing them?”

“Well, that’s the point of your vacation: you guys are going to relax, experiment the country-side life, and learn how to get on well with each other. No need for Internet, iPod’s, cell phones…” my father announced.

“But daddy! Those things are needed,” I protested.

“Your grandmother has a telephone that you can use to call us. And that’s it.”

“For god’s sake!” Luhan muttered before he went out of the house and headed towards the car.

“Shin Luhan! Come back to help in carrying the luggage,” mom called impatiently.

 

      “How much time do we have left?” I asked, more bored than ever.

“We still have two more hours! How many times have you asked already?” dad replied annoyed “Just sleep and let me drive at peace.”

I pffed and tsked then leaned back and closed my eyes trying to fall asleep. I couldn’t and grew even more frustrated. Dad was singing some old camp song. Mom was half asleep as she tried to shut the crying baby in her arms. Luhan, next tome, was solving a 10*10 gigantic Rubik’s cube. I feel really stupid whenever he does that thing. And what made me feel even more stupid at that moment is that I forgot all my novels and manga books at home.

     So, I was going to a place isolated from the world, full of plants, insects and dirty animals. I was going to have to spend the whole day with an my grandmother and my beloved twin brother. There was going to be no Internet, no music, no books, no means of communication… I was basically on a road to hell, just how worse could it get?
  Little did I know…

 

 

^*^

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry for keeping you wait!
Please comment and subscribe! ^^