Home alone

Twins And The Chamber

 

________________________________

The cruelest things in life happen when we least expect them to.

The biggest secrets are revealed at the most unsuitable  time.

The deepest wounds are the most easy to reopen.

One mistake can cause a disaster

____________________

 

*^*

 

 

     I woke up very early at cockcrow. I couldn’t sleep well last night because of what happened in the middle of it, and I was so exhausted because of the tiring ride and the lack of sleep. I was peacefully eating breakfast with Luhan and grandma who acted like nothing was wrong so I didn’t bring up the subject of yesterday’s events.

“My friend who lives in the city is celebrating her grand-daughter‘s wedding this evening,” grandmother started “so I’m not going to come back until tomorrow night. Can you guys take care of yourselves?”

“Is that even a question Nanny? We are not babies,” Luhan implied.

Grandma softened a bit before adding “I guess you’re growing up fast… Well then, I’ll leave you food and give you my friend’s number in case you needed me and.. what else?”

“Please don’t worry too much Granny. It’s just two days and we’re old and responsible enough,” I said as I ate my cornflakes.

“Yeah, especially you!” murmured an annoying voice.

I kicked his leg under the table and innocently beamed at grandma.

      It was around noon when we saw grandma off at the metro station. We then came back to her house, nothing in mind to do. I was bored since the first day and I had no idea how I was going to survive the two remaining months. The house felt so quiet and empty when we entered it. The weather was very hot outside so there was nothing to do here aside from eating or sleeping. The first choice sounded more entertaining, so I headed toward my room to get some candy I brought with me and then go watch some TV shows all day long.

I was climbing the stairs when I heard Mr. Jerk calling me “Hey I’m hungry! Come and make me food.”

“The food is in the fridge, stupid. Didn’t you listen to what grandma told us?” I replied, annoyed “Oh and for your information, I’m not your effing maid so stop being such a whiny child!”

I put my feet on the last step of the stairs and looked at my left. That side of the house has always been unfamiliar to me. The end of the hallway has a single room that has always been closed. The right side had grandma’s room and the room we were staying at, opposing each other. But the curiosity about the other inhabited side has never crossed my mind until that moment.

The sound of TV brought me back to earth. Oh no! That bastard preceded me to the TV. I forgot about everything and hurried to the living room hoping that he didn’t put some stupid car show again. Luhan was paying all his attention the show and the remote control was on the table. I swiftly grabbed it and grinned in victory.

“What are you doing? I’m wat- ow!” he fell of the couch while trying to get the remote back.

“Calm down! I’m bored. Let’s stop quarrelling and find a good movie to watch okay?”

“Pff there’s nothing entertaining anyway.” My brother grew annoyed as I flipped around the channels. “Hey!” he snapped like he wasn’t whining a second ago “wanna do something fun?”

“Whatever you’re thinking about: NO!” I replied as I took his place on the couch.

“I’m serious. Why don’t we organize a party?”

I looked at him as if he grew a third eye “what? Where? Oh please, stop joking around.” I scoffed.

“I told you I’m not joking,” he replied with a serious expression that I tried to hold my laughter at. His face was too cute to look serious –  and so was mine  –. “It’s not impossible; granny won’t be here until tomorrow night so we have plenty of time. We can start preparing and inviting friends at the moment. Everything will be ready by the end of the evening. So?”

I blinked at him twice letting his words sink in. the idea sounded so risky yet so tempting. Many question popped in my mind: How were they going to come this far? What kind of party could we do at such a lame place? Where were we going to put everyone? …
I opened my mouth to argue but was interrupted when Luhan suddenly grabbed my arm and led me toward our room saying something about a list that we should make or something like that.

It felt so wrong but I couldn’t predict more than that.

 

*^*

Hey everyone! how are you?^^
Am I taking too long to update? I'm sorry but i'm so busy. :/
Please let me know if you want me to update more frequently. =]