It fit in

Twins And The Chamber

________________________________

The cruelest things in life happen when we least expect them to.

The biggest secrets are revealed at the most unsuitable  time.

The deepest wounds are the most easy to reopen.

One mistake can cause a disaster

____________________

 

*^*

      The crawling sensation grew in my chest, but I ignored it and continued my search for the grave. The grave where apparently the soul of my grandma's sister was resting in peace. A twin sister who I've never heard of. She's apparently the one for whom grams is going out of her way to hide her existence. Yet, the curiosity was killing me. I tried my best to respect grandma's privacy in the past, but now I feel like some strings of fate are calling me to discover the secret behind all of these mysteries. I was checking the names on the graves while all of these thoughts passed through my mind. I was almost going to give up when Luhan called me from the row of graves next to me.

 

"Aeri! Found anything?"

"Not yet," I said in a desperate tone, "what about you?”

He sighed and shook his head. "Want to look together?"

 

We kept on walking past the rows and checking all the names. We'd stop from time to time when we found a name similar to what we were looking for and then we'd check the family register that I brought with me, but to no avail.

 

"There are so many graves!" I complained, tired. "And to think that all of those people used to be alive, and they never predicted to die and have their bodies lying here."

"It's weird, huh? Death really is a scary thing."

"What's even weirder is that we don't know those dead people who are supposed to be our close relatives."

 

We kept silent for a while walking and reading the name.

My brother sighed for the umpteenth time and muttered in an annoyed tone: "When are we going to find them? Are you sure they're all buried in this cemet-"

"What’s wrong?" I turned back and looked at him, "Why did you stop?"

"We're here!" He pointed at the grave on his left.

 

The letters on the tomb read "Park Jon-". The rest of the letters were covered in dust, like all of the Park family tombs next to it.

"The outside of these graves are dirty and lifeless. It seems like no one ever comes here to visit," I pointed out, surprised.

"No wonder we never knew about those family members," Luhan added.

I took a handkerchief out of my purse and wiped the dust out of the way. The words became clearer: Park Jongdae. Luhan and I started wiping all the family graves next to them and kept searching for our supposed great aunt. We searched and searched until we arrived at the last grave of our family, but it had a name we’ve never heard of. And that concluded our trip to the cemetery as a failure. I sighed in great disappointment, grabbed my stuff and turned to where we came from. I heard Luhan mutter some words before following me.

 

      We finally arrived at grandma’s house. Luhan walked towards the front door when an idea popped in my mind.

“Luhan, do you have that key right now?”

“The key we found the other day?” He asked, “Yeah, I brought it with me, just in case.”

“Follow me,” I said in a shaking voice.

“What is it now?” he complained.

I ignored him and ran around the farm. I walked past the fountain and stopped in front of the big wood door that I’ve been suspicious of since the first day I came here. I touched the padlock, wiping the dust that covered it. I held it firmly between my hands between my hands as I breathed in pain.

“Luhan…” I looked at my brother.

“I get it.”

 

He stood in front of the door and held the heavy lock. His hands shook like a leaf as he grabbed the key and tried to insert it in the lock hole. He was so nervous that he couldn’t put the key in the exact front of the hole. I put my hand on top of his, to calm him, ignoring the drum sounds inside of me. We were probably afraid that the key will match the lock; because as much as we were curious, we weren’t really ready to learn the truth. We relaxed a bit then inserted the key in together. And to our surprise, it fit in.

Yet that surprise was nothing compared to what was coming in a few minutes.

 

*^*

Did i take too long to update? Was the chapter too short? Does the title sound a bit dirty?
OMG i'm sorry guys T___T
Please encourage me with your comments. ^^