The balcony

Twins And The Chamber

 

________________________________

The cruelest things in life happen when we least expect them to.

The biggest secrets are revealed at the most unsuitable  time.

The deepest wounds are the most easy to reopen.

One mistake can cause a disaster
____________________

 

^*^

 

 

Aeri’s POV :

“Wake up , lazy kids.”

The curtains were opened and light hit me in the face. Why does grandma have to wake us up so early? I pulled the blanket and covered my face. She came to me and removed it.

“I need you guys to help me out with the farm work today since the gardener will be absent for a week,” she informed as she shook Luhan awake. “Come on, wake up.”

“Just five more minutes, mom,” Luhan spoke half-asleep.

Grandma chuckled at her silly grandchild. “Mummy isn’t here. Now stop being so lazy and come to help me, both of you.”

She waited until we were fully awake then went downstairs to prepare us food. After grabbing breakfast, our grandmother gave us aprons and working material. She explained our tasks and went back inside to do her house chores. Luhan and I looked at the plants, the dirty places, the hungry animals and we wished we were back at home, where we would be playing some video games or hanging out with our friends.

“Aish! Look at this mess. It’ll take us the whole day to finish,” my brother whined.

“I’m already annoyed and I don’t need your endless complaints. So just it up and start working,” I said as I wore the gloves and found a spot full of digitaria.

“Are you seriously going to do this?” Luhan asked, surprised at the sight of me pulling crabgrass.

“You better start too. Or else we’ll never be able to finish this.”

 

       I glanced at my watch. About three hours have passed since we started and Luhan didn’t stop complaining for a second.

“Look at me all drenched in sweat. Ugh, I hate this.”

“I’m in no better state than you, but it’s almost over, okay?  All that’s left is feeding the animals,” I replied, exhausted. “There we go. This was the last seed. Now let’s head to the stable.”

It took us every effort to stand up. The sun was burning hot, we were extremely tired and our arms were painfully cramped. On our way, Luhan raised his head and stopped. I turned to him.

“Now what?” I asked more fed up than ever.

“This balcony… it’s the same one in the photo I told you about,” He answered; which wasn’t exactly an answer.

“Of course it is. Now let’s go!” I said impatiently.

“No Aeri, this room…” he hesitated. “It’s the one we never enter.”

I stopped walking and looked at him.

“Isn’t this a bit strange?” he added.

I took a deep breath, shook my head and went back to walking. “Everything is strange in this house. It’s starting to get normal for me. Just get used to it,” I replied.

That wasn’t really the truth. I was more than anxious, to be honest. The last two weeks were pretty calm though, ever since we saw grandma go out of that room. Or as she prefers to call it, the chamber.
I pushed the door of the stable and put the material on the ground.

Luhan sighed. “Ah! It’s cool and dark here. Finally!” he exclaimed.

I observed my surroundings and had a quick flashback of myself running here after a small boy, stopping at the end of this place to ask the gardener about it, then getting out and carrying on with my search.

“What are you doing, standing there as if you’ve seen a ghost?” My twin called.

I shrugged the thought off and joined Luhan in his work.

 

       It was noon when we finished the tasks. We found grandma setting the table when we entered the house. She offered to take care of the garden material so we hurried up to take a shower. And of course, I won over my stupid brother and got to shower before him. He was waiting annoyed when I finished. I innocently smiled at him and made my way to the kitchen to eat something. I was about to go down the stairs when I wondered if the room on the left is locked. I decided to give it a try because my curiosity has almost reached its limit. I approached the door and took a deep breath. My heart beat fast as my hand tried to cup the doorknob. I was suddenly pushed away. Not physically though.

I happened to hear the violin music from before, much louder this time. And I felt a presence right next to me.

 

^*^

Haha guys your comments are so funny, please keep them coming ^_^