The cemetery

Twins And The Chamber

 

                                                         ________________________________

The cruelest things in life happen when we least expect them to.

The biggest secrets are revealed at the most unsuitable  time.

The deepest wounds are the most easy to reopen.

One mistake can cause a disaster
____________________
 

 *^*

 

"Good morning, I guess." Luhan looked at me from the upper bed.

"Morning," I muttered in reply.

"What's wrong? You look like you have the whole world's problems running in your mind ..."

It's been many days since we found the family register of grandma. I couldn't dare step next to the chamber anymore and we've kept quiet ever since. Fortunately, grams didn't find out about anything.

"Nothing much..." I replied lazily, "I just think I found a great idea."

    After quickly grabbing lunch , we headed to our destination. Luhan was complaining about the heat and wanting to eat ice cream, or something like that. He kept on blabbering until we were almost there.

But, then all of a sudden, he got serious and turned to me to say: "So, what is the plan, exactly?"

I was relieved to learn that he cared at least a bit about what we're doing. "Like I said this morning," I replied, "We're going to the cemetery to check on all the family members whose names exist in this family register."

"And what for? They're obviously all dead since we don't know any of them," Luhan said as if stating the obvious.

"Maybe, maybe not..." I said reluctantly, "I won't calm down until I figure out what's wrong in this house."

"Good luck with that!" I shrugged at his words and he carried on: "So, your point is that if someone is still alive, then they're living in the house, in that chamber?"

I looked at him as if he was a retard. "Of course not, how can someone live locked like that?"

"We never know, it can happen," he defended his opinion, "but then what? What's your idea, then? A haunted house?" He chuckled at the last words.

I stopped to give him a mean look. "Yeah, a haunted house, so what?" I yelled at my twin, "It's more logical that your creepy-person-locked-in-a-chamber theory!"

"Wow! wow! wait!" He looked at me weirdly. "So now you want to tell me there' a ghost in Nanny's house?"

"Ghosts do exist, you foul!" I protested, "And besides, after all the weird things I've seen in that house, I can't doubt anything anymore."

"I agree that everything seems possible at this point, but," Luhan hesitated a bit before continuing, "ghosts are a bit too much."

"But this is all I can think of for now..."

       We finally arrived at the cemetery. I walked to the janitor's room and knocked on the door. A middle aged man with crooked teeth and an almost-bald head came out and greeted us.

"Excuse me, we're looking for the Park family. Family's head is Park Jongdae," my brother told him.

"Let me check for a bit," The man replied and entered his room.

We waited for him and wondered what took him so long. When he finally got out, he said: "The files for this family are almost non-existent. This is strange..." He rubbed his beard and added: "are they your relatives?"

"Yes. More like, our ancestors," I replied.

"You can take a tour in the cemetery if you want to, but it'll take you forever to find them."

"It's not a problem, we'll do it," I said. Luhan looked at me as if I grew a third eye, but I just ignored him. "Thank you, sir." I said to the man and turned to the graves.

Luhan caught up to me and yelled: "are you insane? do you want me to spend my whole day here?"

"Tone it down," I said under my breath, "We're in a cemetery. Respect the dead souls for heaven's sake!"

Luhan let out a deep sigh and said in a low voice: "Okay then. Let's pat ways and keep on searching."

      He went away, and a bad feeling grew in my chest. A feeling that then turned out to be correct.

 

 *^*

Hi minna-san ^^
How was this chapter? Please comment below to tell me :)