The disaster

Twins And The Chamber

________________________________

The cruelest things in life happen when we least expect them to.

The biggest secrets are revealed at the most unsuitable  time.

The deepest wounds are the most easy to reopen.

One mistake can cause a disaster

____________________

 

 

*^*

 

“What has gotten into you?” I yelled, “Luhan, you ba-” I froze in horror.

     When I got up, I didn’t see anyone standing next to me. I told myself that he was being childish and he hid somewhere, but I knew for a fact that he didn’t even enter the room. My heart started beating crazily like a war drum. My legs shook so hard I could fall at any moment. That evening, I wished I could dig a grave and bury myself alive from all the horror I was going to witness…

I wiped my pants that got dirty when I fell. I breathed with great difficulty. I was going numb from the chaos inside my head. Were my suspicions finally coming true? Is this when the ghosts that haunt this house finally come to kill me?
I stood motionless, afraid of what came and of what had yet to come. I heard a childish laugh. I had Goosebumps all over my body. The little chuckle stopped and turned into a hysterical laugh that I’ve certainly heard before. It finally clicked; it was that mysterious boy from the first day I came here. I was scared.

     I slowly turned my head to the door, begging for a miracle to save me. I wanted to call Luhan, but at that moment, I inexplicably turned mute. No sound came out of my mouth and I couldn’t even utter a whisper. My shaking arm stretched out towards the door when I saw my twin’s face, as he stood outside standing for me. And that’s when I almost died of pain. An electric shock ran through my stretched arm, as if telling me not to call for help.

I fell down and coughed in pain. I was so scared I wanted to die. I forced myself to stand up again; all I wanted at that moment was to escape. I could finally stand on my two legs, ignoring my great pain, when the door brutally closed on its own. I gazed at its direction, agape, confused and not yet absorbing what just happened. All means of light and escape were just stolen from me. I stood there, hopeless, horrified, having the urge to kill myself just so I wouldn’t be killed by ghosts.

     Luhan, in the outside, was surprised when the door closed. He thought it was me who closed it so he called for me: “Aeri! Are you okay? Grandma isn’t here, why did you close the door?”

Clued to my spot, I couldn’t do a thing nor utter a word. Luhan called again: “Aeri! Can you hear me?” He tried to open the door but it seemed as if the shutters were sealed to each other. “Aeri! Did something happen? ...Aeri!”
I wanted to answer him so bad that tears started flowing down my cheeks.


     “Oww...” I groaned in pain in highest voice I could emit, which was very low. I slowly opened my eyes to find myself lying on the floor, drowning in dust and pain. I heard a noise coming from the opposite direction… Oh, that must be my brother calling for me. I need to- *cough* I coughed really hard and felt a warm sticky liquid under my lips. Blood, huh?

I clung to the diary in my arms for dear life and chuckled at my own stupidity. I swore that I wouldn’t let it go, no matter what happened.
Something hit me strongly in the face, just right when I needed more pain. I gathered the last amount of strength I had, and stood up. I struggled, coughed blood, and forced my wounded body to move. I walked towards the direction of the door, following Luhan’s voice. I pitied my pathetic state, and ridiculed my half-dead walking self.

    I heard big noise inside the room; boxes were being dropped on the floor, objects were sent flying everywhere, heavy books and sharp objects were thrown at me… I screamed my lungs out from terror and pain. My voice miraculously came back. The second miracle is the door opening on its own, after Luhan had almost broken his hands from knocking so hard on it.

“NO! Stay there!” I screamed, my voice half-blocked by a big lump in my throat.

“What are you talking about? Thank God, you’re safe!” He whispered in relief, as he came towards me. The chaos surprisingly stopped when Luhan came inside, as if nothing ever occurred.

“NO! NO! NO!” I sobbed.

I wasn’t fully conscious, and I wished all I’ve seen was a mere nightmare. But it wasn’t. Luhan hugged me, trying to relieve my trauma. He patted on my head as I buried my face in his chest and cried hysterically like there was no tomorrow.

“It’s okay,” He spoke softly, “It’s all over now. You can tell me about it later.”

We got out of the dark room. I stood next to the door, finally breathing some fresh air and seeing some light; while my twin made sure he locked the door like how it was. He then gently held my hand and guided me to the house.

     Once in our room, I told him everything and showed him the notebook I’ve found. Despite his realistic nature, he believed every bit of my story. He treated my wounds and put plasters on my scars. After that, he comforted me and sang me a lullaby until I slept.

And that night, the hysterical laugh of that young boy haunted me to the deepest stages of my sleep. I actually had a dream where that young boy stood alone in the farm of grandma, in front of a black grave. Now grandma was standing next to him, crying her heart out. Another woman that looked exactly like grandma was looking at them from behind the grave, with a smile on her face and a black cat in her hands. A cat with fur darker than black; that one I saw from the hole in the mysterious chamber the other day.

That night, I was clinging to the dust-covered diary, oblivious to what that object between my hands kept inside of it.

 

*^*
OKAY IDK WHAT I JUST WROTE- I need your opinion on this, guise!
Btw, the five-comment rule worked, so I’m using it again this time :P