A key

Twins And The Chamber

A/N: Hello~!! I'm finally back :D

I read your comments from last time and it really moved me. This may sound silly, but the simple thought that a few people do like my story and are truly supporting me makes me feel warm. Thank you very much everyone, please keep supporting this story =)

 

 

 

 

________________________________

The cruelest things in life happen when we least expect them to.

The biggest secrets are revealed at the most unsuitable  time.

The deepest wounds are the most easy to reopen.

One mistake can cause a disaster
____________________
 

 *^*

 

“Luhan! Aeri! Didn’t I tell you many times not to play next to that chamber?” grandma approached us.

“Sorry granny… we were playing hide and seek and I hid here from Aeri,” a helpless seven-year-old Luhan replied.

“I understand that, but please refrain from coming near this area of the house in the future. Now, let’s go meet your parents outside.”

“Grandma!” I called, “why…”

She looked at me questioningly, waiting for me to complete my sentence.

“Why do you always tell us not to come near this area?” I, 10 years ago, carried on, “why do you even call it that weird name? I’m really curious…”

She smiled at my twin and replied: “What do you think of this Lulu??” He has always been her favorite grandson, and she has never made the slightest effort to hide this matter.

“I-I’d really like to obey granny, but I’ve got to agree with my sis,” he innocently answered.

“Hmm, I see. Then keep on being curious, you two. Because I won’t tell you.” She winked, “now let’s hurry up, your parents are waiting.”

-----------------------------

    I came down the stairs responding to my grandmother’s calls. On my way to the living room, I was surprised to see the front wall empty. That wall that has always been decorated with frames is now as empty as a bird’s nest in December. I admit I’ve never appreciated those photos full of unrecognizable faces, but the wall felt empty and melancholic after the change.

“You noticed it too?” Luhan walked next to me, “anyway, grams asked us to buy her some stuff from the local market.”

    On the way back from the shop, I looked at Luhan and said: “I miss Kiseop so much! I wish I could hug him right now.”

“Yeah, me too. I miss our parents and the family mood. It’s all because of you, if only you weren’t such a all this ti-“

“Who are you calling a ?” I yelled, “It’s all your fault that we’re here now. Because of you, I have to endure life in a creepy house inhabited by noisy animals and stinky farms.”

“For heaven’s sake! Here we go again.” He quickened his pace and ignored me.

“Wait there! I’m not done talking.” I ran and caught up to him, “Stop making it even harder for me,” I muttered, “I’m as frustrated as you are, and I’m overwhelmed by the current situation of grandma and this strange house, and we’re always fighting, I just-“

“This is not my fault. I’m in no better situation than you.” He looked at me with cold eyes.

     We came back home, gave grandma the merchandise and she promised us a delicious meal. I wanted to stay alone for a while, so I entered the study of my deceased grandfather and slid the tip of my fingers on the books resting on the shelf. I’ve always liked being in grandpa’s study since I love books and enjoy being around big desks and comfy chairs. I was observing the beautiful covers of these old books when something caught my attention. “Immortal memories” was the title of the last book on the top roof. My heart started palpitating out of nowhere, and I stretched my hand to grab it, yet it was out of reach due to my short height. That’s when the oh-so stupid Luhan decided to enter the study and pick me a fight. He started it by strongly pushing me on the shelf but didn’t get the opportunity to continue his violent acts. No, not because I stopped him nor because I fought back.

    But because when he pushed me, a dust-covered key fell from the top of the bookshelf. And I think we both knew what it meant.

 

*^*

 

Reminders(since it’s been like forever!), Kiseop is their baby brother, and “Immortal memories” is the book that Aeri was reading that creepy night when the book fell in the fountain and there was “get out” written on it. Hope I made sense!  :P