No clue

Twins And The Chamber

 

________________________________

The cruelest things in life happen when we least expect them to.

The biggest secrets are revealed at the most unsuitable  time.

The deepest wounds are the most easy to reopen.

One mistake can cause a disaster
____________________

 

^*^

 

 

Luhan’s POV :

« Moring ! » I greeted, looking down from the upper bed. “Oh!”

My sister wasn’t there. It was 8AM and it’s unusual for her to wake up this early. I yawned and stretched my arms. I didn’t get enough sleep. First, because of the nightmare. Second, because Aeri kept moving and making noises in her sleep. I prepared myself and went downstairs where I heard chatting coming from the kitchen.

“Granny, you’re already!” I said with a huge smile.

“Of course. I missed my two sweet cupcakes.” She replied with her usual affectionate tone.

“Granny, we’re not children,” I protested. She just laughed. “Um, good morning?” I sat on the chair next to my twin.

She didn’t look up from her plate. I kicked her chair with my leg yet there was no reaction from her. Grandma put my food on the table and sat in front of us.

“Was everything alright yesterday?”

“Yup, sure! Why wouldn’t it? Everything was perfect. We just relaxed in your amazingly calm farm. Nothing special happened. Ahaha!” I replied nervously.

I could sense Aeri mentally face palming herself. I looked at her; she had a blank face though. She was probably scared about grandma finding out about what we did yesterday. Either that or something more serious was preoccupying her.

“Speaking of which, did you take a book outside with you? Because I found one on the floor a while ago when I was checking on the farm,” Grandma asked us.

“I… I did,” Aeri finally spoke. “Sorry that I didn’t put it back in its place.

“It’s no big deal; don’t worry, honey.” Grandma’s face didn’t empathize her words. She had a hard anxious expression on… “I’m going to rest in my room. I was in such a tiring journey.”

I waited for grandma’s footsteps to reach the first floor then I turned to my sister and asked “Were you outside yesterday night? Come to think of it, why were you running like crazy in the middle of the night?”

“None of your business.” She put her spoon down and said “And stop talking with a full mouth, you gross thing.”

Oh, shut up!” I replied, annoyed. “Anyway, I called our friends. They arrived to city safely.”

“Good to hear.”

We finished our food and got out of the kitchen. Aeri leaned on the banister and started climbing the stairs lazily. I was going to follow her when something stopped me. The frames on the opposite wall were placed differently. The change was too obvious not to be noticed.

“Why are you standing there?” Aeri called.

“Some photos on the wall are missing. The two ones that were in the middle.” I pointed out.

“Really? I never gave these photos much attention. I don’t know any of the faces there anyway.” She said.

“I don’t know them either. But the two I’m talking about have always caught my attention. One of them is a girl who looks like grandma, standing in a balcony with a young man. The second is two baby girls who looked exactly the same. Identical twins probably.” I explained.

“Because you took the time to memorize all of these details?” she asked “Well, the first must have been grandma when she was young. The second is probably us. Mom said you looked like a girl when you were born. Oh wait, you still do.” She laughed at the last sentence.

“Why you-“ I chased after her.

My sis ran up the stairs laughing. She abruptly stopped at the last tread. Wow! It was unlikely of her to give up so easily. But then I raised my head and saw what she was looking at. Chills ran down my spine; I don’t know why though. We just witnessed our grandmother going out of the chamber she has always prohibited us to go near, and heading to her room.

“Why are you looking so surprised? It’s her house; she can go wherever as she pleases.” I admit I as a bit surprised myself.

“You just don’t get it, do you?” She said under her breath. Then she made her way to our room silently.

No. I didn’t get what Aeri meant back then. I doubt she had any clue either.

 

^*^

Annyeong ((=