First night

Twins And The Chamber

 

________________________________

The cruelest things in life happen when we least expect them to.

The biggest secrets are revealed at the most unsuitable  time.

The deepest wounds are the most easy to reopen.

One mistake can cause a disaster

____________________

 

^*^

 

« Who’s that small boy in your farm? » I said in a rushed tone.

She didn’t make the slightest move. Grandma looked at me like she was trying to penetrate deep into my mind. “What were you doing outside?” she finally managed to say, sounding disturbed and panicked.

I was surprised by the way she spoke “I was just roaming around when some little guy came to me, and then I think he hid in that old room at the end of the farm. I tied openin-“

“Did you enter it?” She cut me off “did that boy tell you something?”

“No I couldn’t get in Nanny.” I was taken aback by the sudden burst “And no he didn’t tell me anything. Is… something wrong?”

“She must have been disturbed by the visitors,” she whispered to herself as she gave me an uneasy glance. “Please o to your room Aeri-ah. It’s getting late already.”

It was still the early evening so I couldn’t agree with her on the ‘It’s late’ part. But I didn’t argue and preferred to just leave her alone.

     I opened the door to my room and remembered I was sharing it with Luhan when I saw his face in a frame on the night stand. That guy must have a crush on himself. I stepped into the room closing the door behind myself. I let out a big sigh, stepped to the side of the room next to the window. I pushed the curtains to the side and contemplated the area; it seemed cozy and safe yet I couldn’t help but feel homesick. I had another strange feeling too, I could sense there was something in the air.

Suddenly the door opened brutally and Mr. Jerk appeared. His face fell when he saw me. “Get out of the way!” he barked.

I blinked at him “I’m far away from you.”

“DUH! I know, just get out and let me rest. Why are you always in my face?” he whined grumpily sounding more like he was talking to himself.

“HEY! DO NOT SO NOT lay on my bed!” I yelled

He was stunned by my sudden actions, “No one said this one is yours for all I know.”

“I said just now,” I pointed out “This is mine, you take the upper one”

“Don’t want to,” he said as he turned to face the wall.

I had the urge to kick his . “Afraid of heights?” I teased.

Now Luhan was fully awake. He immediately got out of the bed and climbed the stairs to the one above. I smiled in satisfaction and threw myself on the comfy bed.

“Aaaah feels so good!” I said loudly enough for my brother to hear me.

“Shut up!” He gritted between his teeth.

I told myself I was just going to lay there for five minutes but ended up falling asleep. I woke up at the voice of grandma calling us for dinner.

-----------

     I was drowning in dreamland when the sound of hurried footsteps brought me out of my sleep. They were. They were coming from my grandmother’s room and slowly farthing away. I shot out of my bed. I considered waking Luhan up but gave up on the idea, being his sister who fully knows how much of a lazy he is. It was 3AM, I quickly got out of the room and followed the faint noise to where it was heading. I caught sight of a figure holding a candle and heading towards the farm, and it took me long enough to realize it was grandma. I opened my mouth to call her but got glued to the stop. She was approaching the room I tried to enter today. She passed her hand on it, and made sure the lock is on place. Then she stood next to the fountain across of the door and murmured some words that were inaudible for me. She looked exhausted as she gazed at her surroundings. Granny blew the light on the candle. For a moment everything stood still before she started making her way beck to the house. I quickly preceded her to the inside.

     Then came an almost sleepless night for me. Something felt terribly wrong from the beginning, and what’ve just witnessed wasn’t exactly something normal.

 

^*^

Please comment to tell me what you think of this chapter! =)
Have a nice day!