Not what I thought he was.

Match Made In Heaven

 

               Hyukjae started walking back home that day, he didn't even have time to tell his elder sister to pick him up. He lazily opened the front door to their small, yet cozy house, "I'm home!" He found his sister sitting on the couch in the living room and sobbing uncontrollably.

              The brunette panicked and ran over to her, "Sora? Hey, what's wrong?!" She sobbed even harder and hugged the pillow to her chest, raising a shaky finger to the TV. Hyukjae followed her finger's direction and stared at the screen.

"What?"

"H-H-He died! Now she h-has no one to l-love her!"

"…What."

                    Hyukjae stared at her disbelievingly, "You're seriously crying over this lame movie? It has a stupid storyline and the people can't even act." Sora widened her eyes and gasped in an offended manner, "Well, you too, Lee Hyukjae!" The brunette rolled his eyes and walked upstairs to his bedroom.

                       He took his glasses off and ruffled his-as usual, messy hair. He undressed himself and walked into the shower. He let the relaxing hot water pour down his bare body, making him calm. He sighed exasperatedly, "What a long, long day." His mind suddenly drifted off to that Lee Donghae and he giggled tiredly to himself. He really does look like a carrot… A very handsome one. Hyukjae rolled his eyes at the thought and puffed his cheeks up.

                      Sighing for the umpteenth time, Hyukjae left the bathroom with his body and hair dripping wet and nothing but a towel wrapped loosely around his slim waist. He put his ugly glasses back on and turned his laptop on, ready to waste his precious time on some One Piece.

 -----------------------------------------------

                    The next day, Hyukjae woke up from deep sleep by the ever so annoying sound of his alarm clock. He groaned as he stared at the clock- He still had thirty minutes to get ready. Sitting up, he realized that he had slept with his glasses on. How stupid of me. He smiled to himself and got off of his bed, shivering at the loss of warmth. After brushing his teeth and taking a very quick shower, said brunette was looking into his small wardrobe. He picked out a short sleeved, checkered, green and yellow dress up shirt and a pair of brown pants. To him, that was fashion. He wore his pants, put on an old belt and tucked his shirt fully in. He looked into the mirror one last time before trotting out of the house.

                 After a short taxi drive, Hyukjae left the yellow car and into the building, shuffling clumsily in between the crowd of students. He decided not to waste any time and walked over to his first English class since it wasn't in his schedule the day before. He sat on one of the empty desks made for two at the back of the classroom and laid his head on the table, waiting for class to start.

              When the English professor walked into the classroom, he coldly greeted the students and almost immediately started teaching. In the middle of his discussion, the door was slammed open and in came Lee Donghae with a huge smug on his face, "Sorry I'm late." He mumbled simply. The teacher glared daggers at him, "Take your seat." Donghae walked to the end of the lecture room and paused in front of the oblivious Hyukjae, "Uh- What do you think you're doing on my seat?"

             Hyukjae looked up at him, and before he could reply, the teacher butted in, "He's going to be your new partner in English since you never really had one." The brunette widened his eyes, "B-But-" He was interrupted by Donghae's sickly sweet smile and voice, "Well then, hello, partner." He flopped down next to Hyukjae with a wicked grin.

             The orange-haired boy stared at the very awkward Hyukjae before abruptly reaching his hand out and gently tugging on the brown hair, he immediately pulled away and grimaced, "Ew, so greasy and frizzy." He commented. Hyukjae glared weakly at him, "S-shut up." That was all he could come up with! The boy couldn't get more embarrassed.

               After a while of mean comments toward Hyukjae's hair and clothes, Donghae started poking his ribs with his pen. The brunette almost pulled his hair out in frustration, "Would you stop it?!" He whisper-yelled. Donghae wasn't the type Hyukjae thought he was, the way he treated him was like childish than real bullying, and rather than getting sad or offended, he was getting frustrated and mad. Donghae stared innocently, "Stop what?"

                 Hyukjae huffed and returned to his notes. A while later, he had noticed that he wasn't being poked anymore by the younger. He sighed in relief, leaned down on his desk and started writing down some of the teacher's notes. He suddenly felt a gentle weight on his shoulder and frowned. He tilted his head to get a better look and his eyes doubled in size. Donghae had his head resting on his shoulder as he snored softly, seeming to be already in deep sleep.

                 The brunette gulped and pushed the boy's head off of him. Donghae moaned tiredly and leaned his body against Hyukjae, but this time, he buried his face deep in the crook of the brunette's neck and nestled impossibly closer to the new found warmth. Hyukjae's heart was beating really fast, and he couldn't push Donghae of anymore since they were in a quite awkward position and the younger's body weight was already resting on Hyukjae's.

                   When class was over, Hyukjae just stayed in his seat, frozen, with a face in his neck. He felt Donghae shift slightly and then noticeably tense up. The boy slowly looked up at Hyukjae and frowned deeply before abruptly standing up and leaving the lecture room as fast as he could. Hyukjae let out a groan. You could've just thanked me for being your pillow for almost half of the period, y'know.

 ----------------------------------------

                   Hyoyeon had dragged Hyukjae into a coffee shop nearby during their lunch break. They sat on one of the tables with an uncharacteristically hyper Hyoyeon, "Why are you so happy?" Hyukjae eyed her skeptically. Hyoyeon was practically bouncing on her seat with a huge grin on her face, her eyes glued to one of the waiters.

                 Hyukjae raised an eyebrow, "You like him?" She nodded her head shyly this time. Hyukjae pushed his glasses until they reached the bridge of his nose, "What's his name?" Hyoyeon smiled brightly, "Kikwang." Hyukjae nodded his head in acknowledgment, "He's quite good-looking."

              Hyoyeon had settled down a bit and rested her face in her palms in an adorable manner, "So, how was your day?" Hyukjae grimaced as he recalled what had happened earlier that morning, "That Donghae dude is seriously weird." He blurted out before he could catch himself.

              The blonde shifted in her seat and closer to Hyukjae, seeming to be interested in the subject. Hyukjae sighed, "He kept on making fun of my hair and the way I dress, then he slept on me, and then he took off without even thanking me for letting him falling asleep on me like that!" He complained. Hyoyeon widened her eyes slightly before giggling, "But I admit, he has a point- What the are you wearing, Hyukjae?"

                The brunette seemed to be taken aback, "I look good!" He defended himself. Hyoyeon choked on nothing, "Oh god, he thinks he looks good." She mumbled to herself but laughed when Hyukjae gently slapped her arm, "Hey!" She just grinned childishly at him, "Seriously, Hyuk. You'd look much better if you change that haircut- If that's even a haircut-  and go shopping more often; that shirt you're wearing can't get any uglier." Hyukjae gasped, clearly offended, "I look just fine!" Hyoyeon rolled her eyes, "Whatever you say."

                 After a few minutes, the two left with a cup of coffee in their hands and walked back to the University as fast as they could, since their next class started in just a few minutes. Hyukjae glanced at his new friend, "Why don't you ask him out, that waiter guy?" He asked slowly. He was about to trip over nothing but luckily Hyoyeon held him in place, "I don't know. I guess I'm too shy."

  ---------------------------------------------

                 Hyukjae was finally going home in the afternoon; he had to stay back in the library for a good few hours for the classes he missed the day before. He walked slowly through the empty hallways and suddenly heard music playing, making him stop his movements; he thought everyone had left the building. Out of genuine curiosity, he followed the sound until he reached the door of a large room, filled with all sorts of instruments.

                 Hyukjae looked around, and his mouth shaped into a perfect 'o' when he saw that it was Donghae playing the piano. He was so mesmerized by the beautiful music the younger was producing, and you'd ask him, Donghae looked absolutely gorgeous with that peaceful expression on his face under the dimmed lights of the room, "Charming, isn't he?" Hyukjae was sure he jumped a feat in the air; he gripped the right side of his chest with widened eyes. He turned to face the person who intruded on him like that, "Your heart's on the other side, idiot." He said with a small smirk and averted his gaze to the still dazed Donghae.

                The brunette felt very awkward, "U-Um…" The guy's smirk grew wider, "I'm Heechul. The almighty Heechul and I happen to be Hae's best friend." Hyukjae frowned but nodded slowly nonetheless. Heechul sighed, "You didn't answer my question, though. Doesn't he look stunning like that?" Hyukjae didn't know what to say, Donghae did look stunning, charming, gorgeous, adorable, beautiful but obviously he would never admit that.

                   Suddenly the door to the room was slammed open and out came a confused Donghae, "Hey, Chullie Hyung." Heechul smiled, "Hey, babe." Donghae looked over to Hyukjae, "Hey, airhead." He chuckled. Hyukjae pursed his lips, "Hey… Carrot face…" He grimaced at his lame insult and mentally slapped himself. I seriously need to practice insulting people sometime.  Donghae narrowed his eyes before grabbing Heechul's hand, "Let's go, Chullie."

Hyukjae stood there stupidly for over ten minutes before shrugging and heading back home.

-------------------------------------------------

A/N: I hope no one is upset about Kikwang and Hyoyeon, It's just a story, and Kikwang was the first name to pop into my head ^^

I hope you enjoyed this update!

Please comment :3