They're more fun than you are.

Match Made In Heaven

 

                    Hyukjae stared at Donghae with mild curiosity, "What's wrong?" The younger glanced at him and his pout deepened, "I'm in a bad mood." The redhead blinked, "You were fine just ten minutes ago." Donghae sent him a glare, "Shut up! I said I'm in a bad mood, so don't disturb me like that." Hyukjae frowned in confusion.

What the .

He's so bipolar.

                      The older of the two just shook his head, "Fine." He was startled when he felt Donghae's fist collide with his stomach; he yelped in pain and clutched onto his abused tummy, "What the heck! What was that for?!" Donghae glared intensely at him, "You're my boyfriend- You're supposed to make me feel better when I'm not okay!"

                Hyukjae narrowed his eyes in annoyance, "But you just told me not to disturb you!" Donghae childishly stomped his feet on the ground and whined in a rather high-pitched tone, "Hyukjae!" The poor redhead rolled his eyes and sighed in defeat, "Fine, fine." He abruptly leaned forward and pecked the younger's lips repeatedly into a sweet, firm kiss.

              When he finally let go, he laughed at Donghae's flushed face and embarrassed expression, "O-Okay, I feel a bit better now." He tried to sound cool and demanding, but failed miserably.

              The two were currently sitting on a bench in a park since their schedules for that day were already over and neither of them felt like going back home. Hyukjae leaned back onto the bench and settled into a more comfortable position.

              The two watched as two little boys came running with two baskets full of sand in their hands, seemingly preparing to build some sort castle. Suddenly, one of the kids clumsily tripped over his own feet and dropped the basket to the ground, causing the sand to fall all over the place. Donghae gasped and sneezed multiple of times while rubbing his sensitive nose. Hyukjae found it very adorable and he chuckled.

                Hyukjae stared at Donghae for a while before abruptly standing up and grabbing the younger's hand in his, "Come on, I'll take you somewhere." Donghae gave him a look before groaning weakly, "But I'm too lazy to get up~" He whined, making the redhead send him a playful glare, "Stop acting like a five year old." Donghae stuck his tongue out at the other but stood up nonetheless.

                The two walked for quite a while in silence, before Donghae let out a tired moan and paused with his movements, "Seriously, Hyukjae. Where the are you taking me?" He deadpanned. Hyukjae laughed and just dragged him, "Stop complaining, we're almost there."

               A few minutes later, they stopped at a huge building where Hyukjae dragged Donghae inside and they walked up a flight of stairs. When the younger finally realized what was going on, his whole body tensed up and he tried to pry Hyukjae's hand off of him, "Hyukkie, this isn't a good idea-" He was cut off by the redhead who just shushed him and they finally reached the roof of the entire building.

                Hyukjae grinned and let the cool breeze hit his face as he spread his arms and watched the beautiful view of Seoul. Donghae, on the other hand, was taking in deep breaths, trying to calm his racing heart; his body was impossibly tensed as he stood in his place next to the roof door.

                   The redhead didn't look back, he just yelled out, "Hae! Come and check out this view- It's really beautiful." However, he frowned when he didn't get a response and turned around. He widened his eyes once he found Donghae and rushed over to him, "Donghae? What's wrong?" He asked softly as he watched tears stream down the younger's cheeks, his chocolate brown eyes filled with nothing but fear.

                   Donghae his dry lips and spoke up softly, "Hyukkie, I'm scared of heights, let's just leave." Hyukjae widened his eyes and he felt so guilty for being the cause of the younger's state, he immediately nodded, engulfed Donghae's hand in his and rushed down the stairs and out of the building.

                    Several minutes later, the younger calmed down and sipped the water Hyukjae had brought for him. He ran a hand through his orange locks and looked at anything but the redhead, clearly embarrassed for letting Hyukjae see the weak side of him.

                 Hyukjae swallowed and sighed, "I'm sorry, I really didn't know you have a fear of heights." He said guiltily, shifting on his feet. Donghae bit his lip before laughing nervously, "Of course you didn't, so I can't blame you or anything. It's okay, Hyukjae, don't feel bad."

                  The redhead just smiled nervously and rubbed Donghae's back, "Well then, I guess I should take you home now." Donghae pouted, "But I don't want to." The older just widened his eyes, "You don't?" Donghae shook his head and stared at Hyukjae before his face abruptly lit up, "Oh, oh, I know! I can come over to your house!"

                Hyukjae choked on nothing and snapped his attention at Donghae, "Oh no. I don't think you should." Donghae frowned and tilted his head to the side, "Why not?" The redhead pursed his lips, "I have the weirdest family- trust me." Donghae giggled, "Stop being silly, Hyukjae. I'm sure they're not bad. Now let's go!"

                And with that, Hyukjae let out a long sigh of defeat and muttered something under his breath before instinctively holding Donghae's hand and leading him to his house.

                To say the least, the walk to Hyukjae's house was the most awkward experience for both guys. Neither of them had anything to say and all you could hear is occasional sighs or sniffles from Hyukjae and Donghae humming to a song while kicking the dust beneath his shoes.

                Finally, after what had felt like forever, the two had arrived to their destination. Hyukjae led Donghae to the front door and slammed it open, "I'm home!" He closed the door behind the younger and they walked inside, and just as Hyukjae was about to lead Donghae upstairs, he heard his mother call out for him, making him curse under his breath.

              He slowly turned around and faked a smile at his mother, "Hey mom." The middle aged woman narrowed her eyes and smacked his head, "How can you not bother and greet me yesterday after we arrived back to Seoul? We were away for two weeks for heaven's sake!" Hyukjae bit his lip to prevent himself from crying out in embarrassment.

                 Thankfully, his mother stopped scolding him as soon as she noticed the fluffy orange hair hiding behind Hyukjae and shy eyes staring at her. She tilted her head to take a look at Donghae, who was clinging to the back of Hyukjae's shirt in a timid manner. He slowly let go of the older and bowed ninety-degrees to the woman repeatedly, trying to look as polite as possible.

                 shaped into a perfect 'o' as she stared at her son, "Hyukjae, who's this sweetheart?" She asked in a sickly sweet tone. Hyukjae grimaced before clearing his throat, "That's my boyfriend, mom." His mother let out an abrupt, loud laugh before speaking up, "No, really. Who is he?" Hyukjae had an offended expression on his face as he possessively held onto the younger's side, "He is my boyfriend!"

               The woman widened her eyes before staring at Donghae, then at Hyukjae, then back at Donghae. She abruptly cupped his cheeks, "Oh, you poor thing!" Hyukjae's face flushed deeply in embarrassment, "Mother!" She laughed out loud before winking creepily at the two boys and going back to the kitchen.

                Hyukjae sighed in relief and grimaced, "Sorry for that." Donghae just smirked, "I think I really like your mom." The redhead smacked his shoulder playfully as they went upstairs. The younger yawned and clung onto Hyukjae's arm, "Do you have any siblings, Hyukkie?" The redhead hummed, "A sister."

                Donghae grinned, "I want to meet her!" Hyukjae huffed and glared at him, "Why are you being so demanding?!" Donghae stuck his tongue out childishly and giggled as the elder led him to his sister's room. Hyukjae slammed the door open and jumped onto Sora's bed, "Yo." He tried to sound cool, only to receive a mocking scoff from his elder sister.

                 The redhead glared at her and pointed at Donghae, "This is my boyfriend, Donghae. The one I told you about." Sora immediately snapped her head to the younger boy who was standing at the edge of her bed with a sweet smile on his face; he bowed slightly, "Hey."

                  Sora gasped in glee and jumped out of her bed, rushing toward Donghae and engulfing his slim frame into a bone-crushing hug, "My future brother-in-law!" Hyukjae and Donghae blushed deeply as the redhead shoved his sister off of the younger, "Hey, s-shut up!"

                Hyukjae immediately dragged Donghae out of the room and finally into his own, "See what I mean about weird?" He huffed. Donghae flopped down onto his bed, "I like your family. They're more fun than you are." He stated daringly. Hyukjae scowled and took his shoes of, "No they're not; they're boring and annoying."

Donghae merely scoffed and lay down on his back, "Says you." He giggled when he received a death glare from Hyukjae.